Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Expedition Everest in the News & Rumors forums; Today I was watching Disney Channel and Emperor's New School (haven't heard of it until today) came on. I decided to watch it and at one part during the show, ...
    hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Today I was watching Disney Channel and Emperor's New School (haven't heard of it until today) came on. I decided to watch it and at one part during the show, Kronk and Yzma jump into a roller coaster car to go to her secret lab and a Yeti (looked like the one from the Matterhorn) pops up beside the tracks with its red eyes flashing. I thought that may have been on there because of Expedition Everest opening.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've been on it a few times now, the AP preview and again this weekend.
    I think it's a cross between Big Thunder and R&R.
    It's a very short ride I think, and not all that great.
    EE is a great coaster but I think R&R is still a better ride
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

stephenbb is offline A-Ticket holder

We're here now!

Expedition Everest is now open for previews! Official opening is coming up next two weeks. Most exciting new ride since Mission Mars. An E ride all the way.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenbb
    Expedition Everest is now open for previews! Official opening is coming up next two weeks. Most exciting new ride since Mission Mars. An E ride all the way.
    I'm not sure that official opening date is correct. The Orlando Sentinel says the official opening is April 7th. The ride does seem to be open most of the time now, but be prepared for occassional closings which happens when a new ride first opens.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

stephenbb is offline A-Ticket holder

Everest

Your correct but soft opening is taking place. Their maybe some shutdown time for tweaking the ride, however its open and great!
    Stephen

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!

Cool

I went on it during AP and DVC preview and it is AWESOME!
    A lot of people are underrating it.
    U really have to try it to believe it!

I RODE EVEREST!

Exclamation Hey HEy HEy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymaster
    cant wait to ride that ride
    hey Mickey Master! i just rode that ride a couple days ago! It has a "soft opening" it was SO FUN!! Nothing like the coasters at magic kingdom! YOu can ask me any questions about it if you want ok? ok! Too bad im never going there again... i used to have a seasonal pass to Disney but now im getting univirsle passes!! WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Talking Wooo Hooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    I went on it during AP and DVC preview and it is AWESOME!
    A lot of people are underrating it.
    U really have to try it to believe it!

I RODE EVEREST!
    Hey i rode Everest too!!! the only thing bad about it is when you go down the path backwords after you see the tracks all ripped up there should have been a bigger drop backwords but other than that it was awesome!!!

SaintRob is offline A-Ticket holder
    My EE pics...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Those are so cool! I hadnt' seen any pics without the fencing. I can't wait to go. Thanks for sharing those.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Seasons of Love is offline A-Ticket holder

Everest ride video

Okay, I bet some have already seen this, but I found a video of Expdition Everest ride but I figured I'd put it on just in case. It's pretty dang cool but it might spoil the ride. But it also would also make the ride alot less scary. If I didn't see the video I would be so freaked out in April (I'm going to WDW then). It's up to you.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Expedition+Everest+video/v=2/SID=w/l=IVR/;_ylt=A0Je5wuIdRJEwaIALv6jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNW N0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=120jdt04b/EXP=1142146824/*-http%3A//www.bigfloridacountry.com/everest.htm
    Last edited by Seasons of Love; 03-19-2006 at 10:02 PM.

Yay! Not too far away!

Whaaa! Only a 9 day vacation!

Yay! That's over a week long!

Whaaa! People call me bipolar!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    As long as were posting about everest related web pages, take a look at the latest addition to my web site, I have several everest postcards (which do a good job of tying into the "Forbidden Mountain" backstory, on my site on the 2006 postcards issues page:
    http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/pendix2006.htm

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Last week I went to AK for the first time since the first day EE opened for cast member previews. We were told the line would be 45 mins and it ended up being 25 not adding the 15 mins we spent in one spot right before getting on the ride since it broke down. My boyfriend and I who had already done it during the previews had been trying to not ruin it for a friend of ours with us and didn't mention the animatronic Yeti. We knew that the Yeti had to be the problem and I heard a cast member say "Not working" and "moving" in the same sentence. Billy and I looked at each other and immediately said "Plan B..." We knew that this ride was going to be alot different. We were right. Instead of the usual ride with the lights in the Yeti's cave ON and him swinging at you the lights were OFF and the Yeti's roar was alot louder and he was positioned in a scary position. A white light would flash on him over in over.

It was a difference experience for sure. I liked it, but I think I like the PLAN A version better. My friend didn't seem to mind when I explained that's not exactly how the ride was supposed to be. She liked it just fine.

Anyways wanted to share that info.
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasons of Love
    Okay, I bet some have already seen this, but I found a video of Expdition Everest ride but I figured I'd put it on just in case. It's pretty dang cool but it might spoil the ride. But it also would also make the ride alot less scary. If I didn't see the video I would be so freaked out in April (I'm going to WDW then). It's up to you.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Ex...om/everest.htm
    I just watched that video. It was awesome. Now I can't wait to go.

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    Yo i know the grand opening is sumtime in april right.... well im going to be at WDW from March 25-31...IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SOFT OPENINGS PLEASE TELL ME!!! i absolutly have to go on this ride!!!! please SOMEBODY HELP ME!
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast