Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss 5th Park??... in the News & Rumors forums; :mickey: Hi folks!! I am relatively new to the forum so I appologise if I am repeating something all ready mentioned!! Last time I was at WDW from England in ...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Wink 5th Park??...

:mickey: Hi folks!!

I am relatively new to the forum so I appologise if I am repeating something all ready mentioned!!

Last time I was at WDW from England in 2003 there were rumours going round about a 5th Theme Park to rival Universal Islands of Adventures.

Is there any truth in these rumours or have they died down?

Cheers , Trickster!!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Welcome!!! To the DWT!!!!!!
    Someone else can probably answer that question better, but I don't believe there has been a formal announcement from Disney on this. They certainly do have the space to expand, and there have been rumors of a "thrill ride" type park to rival the Islands of Adventure, but there has also been talk of just adding more of those typs of rides to other parks.

That is all that I know!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    That rumor has been around for 15+ yrs. even before IOA was created. According to many at Disney it is on the 5 yr plan to be built. The problem is they did not state which 5 years.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    looks to me like the Future World section of Epcot has already bebgan it's tranformation, Test Track, Mission:Space, Soarin'. One or two more attractions along these lines would cement this area, or perhaps it could creep into World Shocase (the raft Ride rumor for Canada)

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    National Treasure roller coaster for AA? Should I pitch that idea over to the Imagineers?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Design it yourself, be the Imagineer.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Design it yourself...
    Wouldn't that be soooooooo great if 'We', 'The Disney Fans', had an imput to the next park... I'm sure ideas for Rides, Stage Shows, Pavillions, Places to eat etc would come flooding in... And as for a name?!!?...
    If it was to be along the lines of IOA up at Universal... How about:
    "Mickey's Adventure Kingdom".
    Help!! My brain is running with ideas all ready!!........
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Daddytomjm is offline A-Ticket holder

A 5th park?

If they do a 5th park, I hope that they stick to Disney themes. Rock N Rollercoaster is great, but Areosmith has nothing to do with Disney. They have such a vast library of movies to draw on it shouldn't be hard.
    The worst day at Walt Disney World is better than the best day anywhere else!

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddytomjm
    If they do a 5th park, I hope that they stick to Disney themes. Rock N Rollercoaster is great, but Areosmith has nothing to do with Disney. They have such a vast library of movies to draw on it shouldn't be hard.
    The great thing about Disney/MGM is that does not have to stick with disney themes. I kind of hope they due one on american history or something close such as Walt Disney National Park

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As for a 5th park, what i heard was that they are planning a 5th park yes it is to rivial Island of adventure. I also heard it was to be a villians theme. to cater to the young people.

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I hope Disney doesn't think they need more thrill rides. I like Disney the way it is. It has something for everybody. As much as I love thrill rides, I wouldn't want to ride them the whole day. Families with young children and the young at heart need to be able to have fun too. My 75 year old grandmother came to Disney with us last year and had tons of fun, but she was having to wait for us to ride the thrill rides. The Magic Kingdom is my favorite park because there are more things I can do with her there.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ive also heard rumors about a 5th park being themed on sports or a seaworld type park
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I also just this sea-world style fifth park rumor again on my last trip to WDW. Still doesn't make a ton of sense to me, and I don't think it will happen, but you never know!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ya personally i would like the idea of a thrill park of to itself. That way you can keep the magic of the other praks without ruining their atmosphere with rollercoasters and other non-disney themed thrill rides
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymaster
    ya personally i would like the idea of a thrill park of to itself. That way you can keep the magic of the other praks without ruining their atmosphere with rollercoasters and other non-disney themed thrill rides
    I love your thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast