Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss MAJOR Updates Coming to the World? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by clion Also of significant note are planned improvements to Space Mountain (we've been hearing about this for a while), the Hall of Presidents (what could be planned ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    Also of significant note are planned improvements to Space Mountain (we've been hearing about this for a while), the Hall of Presidents (what could be planned there -- upgrading AA's?) and Carousel of Progress (hopefully they update the show to keep it relevant).
    Ditto the comment about COP.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBaron View Post
    I never got to see the original Tiki Room show so I can't say I'd object - just anything but the rumored Stitch involved make-over!
    They are doing the Stitch makeover in Toyko DL. (I think I got the right location.)
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by dougitmcnuggit View Post
    It would be awesome to see the attraction returned to it's former glory (and see imagineers admit they made a mistake... lol)
    Not gonna happen. The company usually doesn't admit mistakes in that kind of a manner anyway.

Changing the WDW Tiki Room was technically NOT a mistake anyway. Attendance at the original show in WDW was too poor for it to be kept around and they had to either update the show (which they did a great job of, IMO) or take it away altogether (which would've angered most of you even more).
    Last edited by KINGCRAB; 07-18-2008 at 07:39 PM.

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    I think if they bring back the old Tiki Room, poeple will be happy about it. I like so much better that "Under New Manegment". The referb on Journey Into Imagination would be awesome, Bring back the Dreamfinder!!!
    -Zac

Quote Originally Posted by redheadbrown View Post
    I think if they bring back the old Tiki Room, poeple will be happy about it.
    But not everybody will feel that way, though.

There will be a lot of guests that will complain about getting rid of UNM.

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    But, that is because they don't have the memories, of the old attarction, that you and I do.
    -Zac

Quote Originally Posted by redheadbrown View Post
    But, that is because they don't have the memories, of the old attarction, that you and I do.
    However, I do like "Under New Management" and think it's just as great as the original show, which, IMO, should remain unique to DL as a way to give each of the parks some variety.

Please don't be so discriminatory towards the non-fanatical guests. They're not stupid and do have their preferences just like everyone else. Also understand that the hardcore fans are basically a small minority and that most WDW guests like UNM anyway.

The original had to leave WDW because its attendace was extremely poor and too many of the guests were either falling asleep or getting up and walking out of the theater DURING the show, which is not a good thing.

After all, an altered Tiki Room show is way better than no Tiki Room at all.
    Last edited by KINGCRAB; 07-28-2008 at 02:27 PM.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I would love for this all to be true but I'll believe it when I see it. That said, as some others have eluded to above, bringing some of these attractions back to their original glory, especially something like the Tiki Room, would ultimately be a good idea. Why? Well, think about it... lots of folks have seen them only as they exist today, so a change back to the original would be new to them. Change is always new. Still, I doubt all this would be happening. It's too much in too short of time and too costly. One or two refurbs I could see though.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Being that I grew up with the original Tiki Room at Disneyland Resort, I still think this is the best!!!

I wasn't to impressed with the "New Management" version at MK.

Bring the original back!!!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    The Gilbert Gottfried voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I hope they take that version of ETR and burn it. I would love for my kids to be able to see the real version...not some crappy "modernized" interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWtraveler46 View Post
    Being that I grew up with the original Tiki Room at Disneyland Resort, I still think this is the best!!!

I wasn't to impressed with the "New Management" version at MK.

Bring the original back!!!
    No! DON'T bring back the original. Let it remain a DL-exclusive.

If it comes back to WDW, so will the walk-outs that doomed the WDW Tiki Room.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    The Gilbert Gottfried voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
    Just as he's supposed to be. It's his schtick, you know...and I happen to like it.

I hope they take that version of ETR and burn it.
    Not me. That version must stay, IMO.

I would love for my kids to be able to see the real version...not some crappy "modernized" interpretation.
    Just because a show is different doesn't mean it's "real" or "fake". If your kids like the new version, let them enjoy it and please don't discriminate against them for having their preferences. Respect their opinions just like you want yours to be respected.

EDIT: Also, by criticizing this show, you're criticizing the multi-talented Imagineer Kevin Rafferty, who wrote it and deserves more respect from the Disney fan community.
    Last edited by KINGCRAB; 07-29-2008 at 01:00 AM.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    It's just **** face it. Saying it's supposed to be annoying doesn't make it any better.

OMG...I insulted the multi-talented Kevin Rafferty!!!
    I take it all back!!!
    (please forgive me lord)
    must....keep...saying
    gilbertisgood
    gilbertisgood

must disregard my own feelings.....

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Let us all remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions here. No opinion is wrong and all opinions should be embraced as individuality. Disagreement is a good thing, it's what sparks creativity and discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    If it comes back to WDW, so will the walk-outs that doomed the WDW Tiki Room.
    The past 4 or 5 times I've visited the UNM version it wasn't any better. Each time I've seen walk-outs and each time there were maybe 20 people max at the show. It doesn't have the appeal it used to anymore, seemingly because Lion King and Aladdin have become "classics" by today's standards. Young kids have no idea who Zazu and Iago are these days. I was a huge Tropical Serenade fan but enjoyed UNM when it first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB
    Also, by criticizing this show, you're criticizing the multi-talented Imagineer Kevin Rafferty, who wrote it and deserves more respect from the Disney fan community.
    Actually I think most Imagineers fully understand and respect that ultimately what drives their success is change. A show loses it's luster after some time. I don't believe any Imagineer feels that guests who are no longer interested in their "creation" are criticizing them or the show. Part of Imagineering is the ability to keep people interested and coming back by keeping things fresh and new. Much as I love the classics and hate to see them go, I understand why it happens. You have to keep with the times and what guests want to see and do.

Sadly, my current experience with the attraction is that my son loves every minute of it, until Iago starts to talk. I have no idea what it is but he seems frightened by him. I'm not sure if it's the voice or the gigantic bird (in comparison to the others that are "life size"). So, from a selfish aspect, I'd love to see the original or something like it return, without the obnoxious characters. I guess in time we'll see.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    sorry to burst everyones bubble but you know that this probably wont happen. we're just getting excited cuz its something that we would like to happen. if this was another thing about stitch, we would have rode this rumor out on a rail.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast