Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss MAJOR Updates Coming to the World? in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: After months of hearing rumors that the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management will be closing sometime in the near future to make ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Question MAJOR Updates Coming to the World?

I got this from WDW News Today:

After months of hearing rumors that the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management will be closing sometime in the near future to make way for a Stitch-involved makeover, a new wild rumor has hit the streets of the Magic Kingdom and has cast members in De-Nile (Attempt at a Jungle Cruise joke). Strong rumors now indicate that the original budget for the postponed major Jungle Cruise attraction refurbishment maybe heading across the way to fund the restoration of the talking audio-animatronics bird show to its original splendor. In short, the original Tropical Serenade show may return to the Magic Kingdom as part of a huge marketing campaign for the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort in 2011.

The planned campaign is going to promote the idea of guests experiencing renewed classic attractions and entertainment inspired by the resort’s past. Among the planned updates for the celebration are updates to Space Mountain, Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress, The Hall of Presidents, and the Enchanted Tiki Room at the Magic Kingdom; Journey Into Imagination and Illuminations at Epcot; and The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Also rumored at this time are a new firework show and updated Spectromagic parade at the Magic Kingdom.

While most of these changes are likely to not take place (as is the nature with rumors), a few of them will make the line-up in time for October 1, 2011. Be sure to stay tuned to WDW News Today as more info on these rumored changes becomes available.
    Personally, I hope they do the updates. I would like to see what some of the attractions looked like on opening day. Besides, the ETR show is WAY too short and it doesn't seem like something Walt would have wanted.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    This should be quite interesting to see how it all plays out.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I like this idea...however, I wish it would involve bringing back some of the classics like 20K, Mr. Toad, and Skyway.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Besides, the ETR show is WAY too short and it doesn't seem like something Walt would have wanted.
    To borrow a quote from Jeff Pepper of the 2719 Hyperion blog:

"Many fall back on the always convenient but rarely with merit Walt theoreticals."

I still like the new Tiki show and, personally, I feel that Walt would've liked it too. But the truth is that we don't know what Walt would've REALLY done, since he's no longer with us.

The majority of WDW's guests (the non-hardcore fans) like the new show anyway and I think that the new show should stay forever and let the original show remain unique to Disneyland.

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    ^^ well put ^^

I also think that if they are going to bring anything back to the MK to celebrate, then forget about updating Spectromagic, bring back the Main Street Electrical Parade!
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    You know I really don't have a problem with the new version either, but all those other changes sound like they have really good potential! Especially Journey! :0)

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would love having the original Tiki Room back. I miss that show greatly...

I sincererly hope that they leave Spectro right where it is. I never did care for the Main Street parade (the music kind of annoyed me). I wouldn't mind plusing Spectro though.

Now only if they would take down that stupid hat, things would be really great!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

piwackitt is offline A-Ticket holder
    Sounds like someone from WDW News Today has been riding the WDW bus system a lot these days.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I hope they renovate the Tiki room and take it back to it's original form. I loved it until they changed it, now it is just annoying. I hope they do make all of these changes, amybe they will bring back Toad. That would be awesome.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by piwackitt View Post
    Sounds like someone from WDW News Today has been riding the WDW bus system a lot these days.
    That was a good line.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    To borrow a quote from Jeff Pepper of the 2719 Hyperion blog:

"Many fall back on the always convenient but rarely with merit Walt theoreticals."

I still like the new Tiki show and, personally, I feel that Walt would've liked it too. But the truth is that we don't know what Walt would've REALLY done, since he's no longer with us.

The majority of WDW's guests (the non-hardcore fans) like the new show anyway and I think that the new show should stay forever and let the original show remain unique to Disneyland.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the show I just think it's too short. I meant Walt would have probably would have wanted it longer, that's all.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Also of significant note are planned improvements to Space Mountain (we've been hearing about this for a while), the Hall of Presidents (what could be planned there -- upgrading AA's?) and Carousel of Progress (hopefully they update the show to keep it relevant).
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Now's the time to do an update for the Hall of Presidents. They're will be a new President to add in a couple of months, so it will be down for a while anyway.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

BarnicleBaron is offline A-Ticket holder
    I never got to see the original Tiki Room show so I can't say I'd object - just anything but the rumored Stitch involved make-over!
    Jen

"Can you stand on your head?"

D23 Charter Member

dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA
    This would be AMAZING!!!!

I recently visited Disneyland and saw how ETR:Under New Management pales in comparison to the original. It would be awesome to see the attraction returned to it's former glory (and see imagineers admit they made a mistake... lol) All the other enhancements sound great too! Here's hoping they come to fruition!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast