Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Tomorrowland to be "Wall-E"-ized? in the News & Rumors forums; Has anyone heard that Tomorrowland might get a "Wall-E" makeover? While I like the idea (my son loves Wall-E even though we haven't yet seen the movie), wouldn't that be ...
    camack7827 is offline A-Ticket holder

Tomorrowland to be "Wall-E"-ized?

Has anyone heard that Tomorrowland might get a "Wall-E" makeover? While I like the idea (my son loves Wall-E even though we haven't yet seen the movie), wouldn't that be a trash laden/post-apocolyptic theme? Kinda dark for Magic Kingdom...

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I don't believe there is any talk of that. Lou's podcast this week mentions a potential for a Wall-E meeting and greet character over at DHS however. I think Stitch has fairly permanently taken over Tomorrowland. LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I heard that they are going to do this to Tokyo Disneyland, NOT WDW. If they even touched Tomorrowland for a makeover I would like to see a Meet the Robinsons makeover. WALL-E would be too dark for the MK.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Also I wouldn't mind seeing WALL-E "touches" in TL. Maybe have WALL-E walk around or some of the other robots. I just loved the movie and I would like to see him in person!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It WAS a great movie. And I agree with the rest of you that the MK wouldn't look the same with all the trash cubes stacked up.

kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Meet theRobinsons would be awesome,but it kind of was TL in the movie already wit Space Mountain being in the film.That brings me to a question are there ever any actual walk arounds in TL?

Quote Originally Posted by kentgurgie View Post
    That brings me to a question are there ever any actual walk arounds in TL?
    I assume you're asking if there are character meet and greets in tomorrowland? The answer is yes. You can often find Stitch and Buzz etc. over there. As I understand it, Wall-E is going to have a meet and greet at DHS.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I assume you're asking if there are character meet and greets in tomorrowland? The answer is yes. You can often find Stitch and Buzz etc. over there.
    Don't forget about "Push"! ;-)

Chris

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't think the wholesale changes were planned for the Tommorland in Walt Disney World. But it will be interesting to see where Wall-E does appear, and this topic actually ties in with what I wrote about in my last article for this site (see my signature for it).

At the domestic box office, Wall-E is tracking at essentially the same pace as Cars, which means that at least domestically its going to make somewhere around 40 million more than Ratatouille(although Ratatouille was extremely successful at the foreign box office.)

Money never lies and it looks like Wall-E will be a nice money maker for the company. That being said, I don't think that they will try to force fit Wall-E if the theme does not really fit well with the park. Ratatouille was a fairly large hit, but its presence in the parks has been surprisingly small (I mean not even a restaurant or counter service themed after the restaurant in Ratatouille). I take that as an encouraging sign that although they plan on using the Pixar entities heavily, they might not be willing to exploit it just for the sake of exploitation. I hope that is not naive thinking!

Good points ChrisX. Not only was Ratatouille relatively absent from the parks, but so has Cars been in general, and look at it's success. The bottom line I guess is not every movie will result in something more than a meet and greet.

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by camack7827 View Post
    Don't forget about "Push"! ;-)

Chris
    Push is the only walk-around character in TL as far as I'm concerned.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
    Push is the only walk-around character in TL as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah, that's why I didn't count him as a meet-n-greet. You can't really get his autograph or anything after all. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisX View Post
    I don't think the wholesale changes were planned for the Tommorland in Walt Disney World. But it will be interesting to see where Wall-E does appear, and this topic actually ties in with what I wrote about in my last article for this site (see my signature for it).

At the domestic box office, Wall-E is tracking at essentially the same pace as Cars, which means that at least domestically its going to make somewhere around 40 million more than Ratatouille(although Ratatouille was extremely successful at the foreign box office.)

Money never lies and it looks like Wall-E will be a nice money maker for the company. That being said, I don't think that they will try to force fit Wall-E if the theme does not really fit well with the park. Ratatouille was a fairly large hit, but its presence in the parks has been surprisingly small (I mean not even a restaurant or counter service themed after the restaurant in Ratatouille). I take that as an encouraging sign that although they plan on using the Pixar entities heavily, they might not be willing to exploit it just for the sake of exploitation. I hope that is not naive thinking!
    Excellent points! That said, I think the marketability of the charactors is more important than the success of the film itself. The best example of that is "Cars". It's 5th out of 9 Pixar films in terms of box office gross (the 9 films total about 2 Billion dollars) while Finding Nemo topped the list. Yet, Cars outsold Nemo in merchandise 10-1.

With the way Stitch took over for a while, I can see Disney jumping into Wall-E theming with both feet. I would imagine DHS is a better fit, or maybe *some* integration into Tomorrowland, but hopefully not a take-over. I'd actually like to see Tomorrowland kind of be the house for all of Disney's future-world charactors. In a way, it would bring it all together of Buzz had an attraction, Wall-E had an attraction, Monsters Inc. had an attraction, etc. Each themed appropriately to their own stories. Kind of like mini-lands within the land. The only thing I'd have to try and explain to my kids is why lawn mower powered go-karts fit into "Tomorrow".

Chris

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i think a WALL-E version of push would be incredibly cute and a great way to throw away your trash!! i think he would be the cutest trash can i have ever seen lol!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    is it possible they could put something in over at/behind the old skyway building. I've done fieldtrips for Physics classes that took us back there and that was the first time i'd ever even been back there. Its rarely ever used. Maybe an Axiom play area for kids, combined with clever physics lessons. My favorite part of walle was when he discovered that every action has an equal and opposite reaction through the fire extinguisher.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast