Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Sponsorship for Wonders of Life in the News & Rumors forums; I've heard from a very reliable source that the Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot has been given some new life. Supposedly, Disney is looking at possible sponsors for the ...
    Blixzit is offline A-Ticket holder

Sponsorship for Wonders of Life

I've heard from a very reliable source that the Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot has been given some new life. Supposedly, Disney is looking at possible sponsors for the pavilion. Apparently there are blueprints somewhere for the future of Wonders, but of course Disney is keeping hush hush about it. And as always, take this rumor with a grain of salt as this is not official word from Disney, but don't be surprised to see some major work being done in this location in the somewhat near future.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    It is so sad to see such a great pavillion empty or unopened. I finally saw the MAking of me in '06 and I used to love Cranium Command.

I would love for this rumor to be true!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I thought they were going to or already have torn the pavillion down? Guess I was wrong. It would be great if they could save it. I loved Body Wars and I never saw Cranium Command.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I absolutely LOVE Cranium Command and would do anything to see it again. Having said that, I can't imagine that a new sponsor would want to save it or anything else in the pavilion. Everything there is too dated looking. I imagine they'd keep the concept, but redesign everything.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    If this is true, I hope a new sponsor would just update the look but keep the attractions. Cranium Command is a great show!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I agree - The pavillion has always been closed when we've been except for my first trip back in 1999.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    If this is true, I hope a new sponsor would just update the look but keep the attractions. Cranium Command is a great show!
    I imagine the attractions could use some freshening up, but let's hope they aren't scrapped!

Disney needs to make a decision about that space. Either get a sponsor and get the attractions back online, or move on and put something else there. Wonders of Life takes up a pretty good amout of space in a prime spot. It's a waste to let it stay unproductive like this.

I guess we'll see what happens.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

mrs pooky is offline A-Ticket holder
    I wish it would come back as well---I am always there in January and was never open. Would be great to see some movement in there!!
    2004 All Star Movies
    2005 Caribbean Beach
    2006 Grand Gathering Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007 POFQ again
    2008 First DVC at OKW
    2009 2nd DVC BCV!!!!!!
    :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    What I've heard, I think from WDWNewsToday, is that the pavillion itself is still standing (they use it for Flower & Garden and Food & Wine events), but all of the attractions have been gutted. Cranium Command, alas, is gone. I have also heard that Body Wars remains, and had been used as a test bed for rumored updates to Star Tours.

If my information is correct, then, I would expect that any kind of sponsorship would involve completely new stuff for the pavillion. But I sure would love to see Cranium Command again.

Meggersuit83 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would love for them to bring this back to life! Although, knowing disney, they'd probably redo it and make it a Stitch ride or some other "popular" disney character. Ugh

RBrooksC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Meggersuit83 View Post
    I would love for them to bring this back to life! Although, knowing disney, they'd probably redo it and make it a Stitch ride or some other "popular" disney character. Ugh
    Again, it surprises me that people are so adverse to Disney theming their rides to popular Disney Characters. People seem to forget that Disneyland, and by extension, WDW, were made by Walt Disney to promote his TV shows and movies and vice versa. He made have wanted a place for parents and children to enjoy together but it was always used as a Marketing tool for the Disney studios.

So, taking Nemo, Buzz and Woody, Cars, Bug's Life, Stitch, etc and theming or retheming a ride around them is what the Disney company has done since its inception and will continue to do ad infinitum.