Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Coaster and Dark Ride Coming to WDW? in the News & Rumors forums; First off, I know that some of you don't like Jim Hill but I thought this was interesting. I got this from WDW News Today: Just as we briefly mentioned ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Question New Coaster and Dark Ride Coming to WDW?

First off, I know that some of you don't like Jim Hill but I thought this was interesting.

I got this from WDW News Today:

Just as we briefly mentioned at the end of last week, rumors are swirling that an inverted roller coaster themed to Disney Pixar’s Monsters Inc. will be the next major new attraction for the Walt Disney World Resort after the opening of the American Idol Experience this January. Our good friend Jim Hill over at Jim Hill Media had a lengthy article about the proposed Hollywood Studios roller coaster today, although he did go into more detail on some other upcoming projects as well.

Jim also mentioned two new attractions that were first rumored to the public right here on WDW News Today over the course of the last year. First mentioned was that the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure will be themed to “A Bug’s Life” (probably in the very-near future), and next was the Little Mermaid dark ride that will most likely be heading over to Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom in October of 2011. Be sure to stay tuned to WDW News Today for updates on all of these very strong rumors, and be sure to read Jim Hill’s article HERE.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thanks, Adam, you always keep us informed. Great job.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There is a video on youtube of the Little Mermaid dark ride. I heard somewhere that it is on the Little Mermaid DVD but idk. Anyway, I watched it and thought it look pretty cool. The monster's inc coaster sounds alittle weird though.

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i agree a monster's inc coaster?? different... i thought for sure they would bring over the monster's inc ride that they have at DL but the little mermaid one would be awesome!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    every park deserves a new coaster(makes the lines shorter for those who dont like the thrills) wich isnt me

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I love the idea of the little mermaid dark ride!! I love the little mermaid and it is by far my favorite movie!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Kraken is offline A-Ticket holder
    There is a concept video for the Little Mermaid dark ride on Disk 2 of the latest DVD release of Little Mermaid. It shows similation of diving underwater in the ride vehicles. Looks very very cool. I'm sure it's on youtube.

disneyloverrr14 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Yayyy

oh...good thats great!!! I heard this too..so that must mean its right..

thanks Adam.

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    I just hope that MGM doesn't get over run by Pixar stuff.
    -Zac

RBrooksC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Why would Hollywood Studios being "run over" by Pixar be a bad thing? Do people forget the reason for Disneyland and, by extension, WDW was to promote Disney's movies and TV shows and vice versa? Each "land" was represented by an aspect of the TV shows and movies Walt Disney was producing.

Right now, Pixar is where Disney is making the most money. Shoot, Pixar was bought by Disney. Theming rides and attractions that are geared towards Pixar is nothing different than theming a ride that is related to Pooh, Snow White. or Peter Pan.
    Last edited by RBrooksC; 08-29-2008 at 11:57 PM.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Pixar is definitely the future of the parks. My oldest kids are 5 and 4 and they don't really enjoy watching the classic films as much as they do the Pixar films. DD likes the characters from the animated films, but my DS doesn't like them as much as Buzz Lightyear!

My DD would love an Ariel dark ride!

RBrooksC is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree. My son who is 2 1/2 LOVES "Buzz and Woody." He also loves Cars, and all the Pixar films. He does watch Playhouse Disney so he knows Mickey, Donald, Goofy, ET AL. We do play the Classic Disney films but he doesn't know them as much as the current Pixar ones. Shoot, he will walk around and say "WALL-e" like the robot does. Well, at least as well as a 2 1/2 year old can.

However, it makes me bristle when people write in any forum, "I wish Pixar wouldn't be everywhere. Or, why does every ride have to be related to some movie.

The further time gets from when Disneyland/WDW was created, the more people forget the origins and the marketing behind the rides, exhibits, and themes. Disney will always have things in the park themed torwards their current movie/TV ventures. Pixar is their big movie push right now. Hannah Montanna/High School Musical/Playhouse Disney is the current really big TV push. Those are the things that will be used as the themes for all the parks. When a new Disney classic animation film comes out (The Frog Prince) there will be theming in the parks to reflect that.

Maybe the purists are the ones who balk at the Pixar and what-not theming but the purists seem to be the ones that forget Walt Disney wanted the parks to be forever evolving and growing. The way that is done is by exploiting what Disney owns that is popular. Right now, that is Pixar and they will use it to its fullest extent to help bring people into the parks.

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hey, thanks so much for the info! The Little Mermaid dark ride sounds really cool, but where would they put it?! I would hate to lose anything in Fantasyland right now!

Oh wow, i just went to youtube and saw it - it looks awesome! That is soo cool how they made it seem like you are underwater. I would love to go on this ride! i just hope they find room for it without kicking anything else out
    Last edited by eeyoregirl13; 08-31-2008 at 01:24 AM.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Hey, thanks so much for the info! The Little Mermaid dark ride sounds really cool, but where would they put it?! I would hate to lose anything in Fantasyland right now!

Oh wow, i just went to youtube and saw it - it looks awesome! That is soo cool how they made it seem like you are underwater. I would love to go on this ride! i just hope they find room for it without kicking anything else out
    There's plenty of room where Pooh's playful spot is (and behind there where 20,000 leagues used to be).

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oh wow, thanks for that pic, clion! That definitely looks like a fitting spot for the ride. I hope they go through with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast