Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney's Night Kingdom? in the News & Rumors forums; I'm new to this site so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but has anyone heard anything about a 5th park being built called Disney's Night Kingdom? I ...
    MinneTinK is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Disney's Night Kingdom?

I'm new to this site so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but has anyone heard anything about a 5th park being built called Disney's Night Kingdom? I googled it and alot of articles came up but none that confirmed anything
    Alexis

Laughter is America's most important export-Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Welcome aboard! The Night Kingdom, along with Beastly Kingdom, has been discussed often on these boards. SOmeone much more computer savvy then me can link all the posts so you can go back and check them out.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Just use the search feature and type in either of those two names and all of the posts with that info will pop up. Hope that helps, runors have swirled for a long time about a fifth park, but so far, no confirmation from Disney Corp.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Beastly Kingdom has been a long-rumored "land" at Animal Kingdom. I believe I've heard that it was supposed to be in the original plan, but was dropped due to budget constraints when the park was built. It's been constantly rumored to come back some day. It allegedly would be located where Camp Minnie-Mickey is currently.

Night Kingdom is much more recent. What I've heard was that it would be an upcharge event that takes place at Animal Kingdom after the normal park hours (4pm start), and would involve a new version of the Adventurers Club (having been shut down over at Pleasure Island this September). Its meant to be a more interactive experience, similar in some way to SeaWorld's Discovery Cove.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Kraken is offline A-Ticket holder
    Jim Hill wrote a very detailed article on his site about Night Kingdom. According to him, it would be a 5th park (not an after-hours event at the Animal Kingdom). He also mentions that it will be high-end (cost > $200) and have limited entry (~2000 people in the park). The idea he says is for something similar to the Dolphin Cove park run by Sea World which has similar entry fees and limits on crowds.

He also mentions that the entrance to the park would be thru a recreated Adventurer's Club that would serve as the "Main Street USA" for the park. May be why they are closing the Pleasure Island version?

Kraken is offline A-Ticket holder
    I recall he also said tailored activities would be arranged in the Adventurer's Club/ entrance. Examples were zip-lining thru a rainforest , petting a hippo or such.

You can read this at Jim Hill's site. It was an article from a few months ago.
    Last edited by Kraken; 07-25-2008 at 09:06 PM.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Ah yes, Jim Hill had this as another park...other sources placed it within Animal Kingdom itself. The later makes a bit more sense since the animals are already there...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

RumTumJM is offline A-Ticket holder
    At my recent trip to Disney, I took the behind the scenes tour at Magic Kingdom. Our great tour guide often said she could not confirm or deny rumors while describing them in depth and NODDING HER HEAD "YES" LIKE MAD. Now for the rumors

1 - Their WILL be a new Night theme park in around 2015/2016.
    2 - The rumor about a Monsters Inc. Roller Coaster is true. It WILL eliminate the Backlot Tour and open around 2011.

3 - The parade from CA will come to FL within the next few years
    4 - Their will be a new, up-scale shopping area (like Downtown Disney) located around a Disney 4 Seasons Hotel.

I can assure you this is what I heard. I will NOT say the name of the person, but, once again, it was revealed to my group during one of the behind the scenes tours of the Magic Kingdom!
    Last time I rode STAR TOURS, I thought to myself, "If a droid is a pain in the......behind, does that make it a hemdroid?"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you......ROCK!"
    - Brian May

"Don't Stop Believin'"
    - Journey

www.rocknationradio.org

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Cool idea. The hours are a bit short at AK, and it would be nice to have something for the night hours...

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    The hotel named in the post will NOT be run by Disney. Disney has sold this parcel of land.

Also you can never be to sure what CM's tell you, they sometimes tell fibs to see how quickly they get to the internet.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was in one of the focus groups for the Night Theme park in January of 2007... if they pull off the concepts they showed me, it'll be great... not for everyone, though. It would be a park with limited nightly capacity, and much more expensive than the other parks, but the experiences would be amazing... I was blown away by what I saw.

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

RBrooksC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, this may have been posted in another thread but there are no new gates planned in the WDW resort at this time. They are going to stick with four amusement parks, two water parks and DTD for the foreseeable future.

HayBaby569 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My sister heard from her friend, (who worked at Disney World for a semester for extra credit) That instead of a "Beastly Kingdom", That they announced to all cast members that they have plans to create a villian park! It is not currently confirmed, but there are some plans for it. I am not exactly sure of it, but I think it would be pretty cool if there was a Villian Park. I would see many coasters, and just villians! I would love to see this....
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

RBrooksC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by HayBaby569 View Post
    My sister heard from her friend, (who worked at Disney World for a semester for extra credit) That instead of a "Beastly Kingdom", That they announced to all cast members that they have plans to create a villian park! It is not currently confirmed, but there are some plans for it. I am not exactly sure of it, but I think it would be pretty cool if there was a Villian Park. I would see many coasters, and just villians! I would love to see this....
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
    Yes, well, I don't ever believe a "I heard from somebody who used to be a former employee" statement. Current employees are notoriously bad with their information about what is upcoming, let alone somebody who worked there one semester at some point in the past.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am fairly sure Disney has contemplated this but the question is still out there as to whether its worth it for them

Clearly, there will be no true 5th gate for a long time perhaps never. The only 5th gate that might be profitable would be a upscale boutique park. I guess we have to wait and see
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast