Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Purchasing Busch Gardens in the News & Rumors forums; Ok, I was listening to another podcast and they brought up the recent purchase of Anheiser Busch and how it will affect Sea World and Busch Gardens. The other broadcaters ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Purchasing Busch Gardens

Ok, I was listening to another podcast and they brought up the recent purchase of Anheiser Busch and how it will affect Sea World and Busch Gardens. The other broadcaters speculated that Disney might be interested in Busch Gardens-Virginia since they had shown interest in building Disney's America in that area. What do you all think???
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I think that would be a GREAT idea!! lol, not just because I live within the hour from there but I think that if Disney takes it over then the park will be taken care of. I'm worried about the buy out because Busch Gardens has been here since I was a kid and it's a great park. I feel if disney took it over it would be even better!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

parkraider is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Busch Gardens

The only thing about Disney is they build so big and they don't allow the motels and restaurants in the area get customers, because they build these things. Does big mean better? I have never been to DisneyWorld. Could someone tell me can you ride the rides at DisneyWorld without much waiting time, because at every other park you have to wait 1.5 hours to ride.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    some ride lines are long, just depending on what time of year you go. But they have fastpass that gives you a ticket and you come back with-in a time period and you don't have as long of a wait.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    The difference is that Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland, and Hong Kong Disneyland are all Theme Parks.

Busch Gardens in Virginia is an Amusement Park. It's mainly thrill rides which really limits the audience who'll come and attend.

Most amusement parks are only open a limited part of the year which means crowds. But, with Disney's ability to manage traffic, they'd probably be able to keep those lines moving.

I just don't think that if Disney announced that they were buying Busch Gardens we'd see a prolonged surge of attendance. Would be run better....good chance. Would throngs of adoring Disney-ites show up....maybe at first, but not over the long haul
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think that this would be a great idea. Busch Gardens Virginia is already a beautiful park, rivaling Disney in my opinion. But the theming is not as good. Maybe Imagineering could come in and enhance the theming by adding the "little details" we all like. They could also add a few family friendly rides.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I highly doubt Disney would buy those parks because A) They didn't design it B) They'd have to tear it all down so they can build what they want to C) They weren't interested in building more parks in the US as of now D) Merlin Entertainment / Blackstone Group (which owns half of Universal with NBC) would probably be the ones to take over these parks.

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm not sure it's likely because AB is such a huge cash machine and it's diversity is part of what made the deal. But, I would love it if more parks were Disney parks. We could definitely use more Disney parks rather than amusement parks. Although, Sea World rocks for what it is.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

parkraider is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Busch Gardens

It seems that DisneyWorld wants it's parks in places that stay warm. Parks in the North only run 4 months. I'd like to see Dolly buy Busch Gardens. Country singers have country singers at their parks. If Snoop Dog bought Busch Gardens what do you think would happen to it?

Quote Originally Posted by TestSherpa View Post
    I'm not sure it's likely because AB is such a huge cash machine and it's diversity is part of what made the deal. But, I would love it if more parks were Disney parks. We could definitely use more Disney parks rather than amusement parks. Although, Sea World rocks for what it is.
    I agree with you there that there needs to be more "theme" parks, but I would prefer them not being ran by a mouse IMO. I'd like to see how others can handle their own themed parks and attractions. Dollywood seems to be getting there with the addition of their Mystery Mine. Yeah it's just a themed coaster, but still it's heavily themed compared to their other attractions. Six Flags came out with their Dark Knight Coaster. Yet again, another themed coaster (why does it have to be coasters? ) rather than another 200+foot eyesore to add to their skyline. They've also knocked down 2 of their coasters . . . get that? TWO of their coasters for a kiddie land themed to Thomas the Tank Engine. I think they're finally getting the hint that theme parks work better than amusement parks. Think of it this way, when you visit an art museum, you see a lot of different works of art by different artists, right? It's nice to see the differences between their artistic styles rather than see a whole museum all with the same style over and over and over. I'm not saying I'd want to see run down places over Disney, it's just that I don't want to see a Disney take over and it's either Disney, or nothing at all when it comes to theme parks.

Quote Originally Posted by parkraider View Post
    If Snoop Dog bought Busch Gardens what do you think would happen to it?
    We'd see a hip Peanuts crew!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    It seems that DisneyWorld wants it's parks in places that stay warm. Parks in the North only run 4 months. I'd like to see Dolly buy Busch Gardens. Country singers have country singers at their parks. If Snoop Dog bought Busch Gardens what do you think would happen to it?
    This sounds very similiar to another poster who expressed concerns about inner city attendees at other parks.

I think DIsney would "Disney-up" BG. I don't see them coming in and renaming all of the rides. I think they would take them all down, sell them and start over. BUT the purchase would allow them to have an infrastructure in place , such as walkways, power, water and the ever neccessary parking.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Disney

You people like to see a company come in and buy 40 square miles of land. It would take you a month to see everything at Walt Disney World. They couldn't afford to buy the land at the price of an acre. If they want another park they should go to Texas and buy the open prairie. With the hard economics times to come I don't think you'll see anyone building anymore new parks. The best parks are BG and Dollywood. The Six Flags parks are all located near cities. Certain people from the cities will not drive 8 hours to go to an amusement park. They like it within walking distance. I bet none of you have been to Six Flags of Atlanta.
    I think if Disney takes over BG everyone should boycott. I'd like to see Dolly Parton buy Busch Gardens. It know it would have a pretty price. How much do you think it would go for?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If Disney bought out BG, I'd be in total shock. It's not their way of doing business and I don't think they'd be interested in taking over attractions that don't fit their niche in the industry. Comparing amusement parks to theme parks is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both fruit (entertainment), but they generally appeal to different tastes and you don't turn one into another. It would make more sense for a company already in the amusement park business to take it over, but it could be bought out by someone trying to get into the amusement park business. The signs will change, but I think the rides will stay about the same for a good long while.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    You people like to see a company come in and buy 40 square miles of land. It would take you a month to see everything at Walt Disney World. They couldn't afford to buy the land at the price of an acre. If they want another park they should go to Texas and buy the open prairie. With the hard economics times to come I don't think you'll see anyone building anymore new parks. The best parks are BG and Dollywood. The Six Flags parks are all located near cities. Certain people from the cities will not drive 8 hours to go to an amusement park. They like it within walking distance. I bet none of you have been to Six Flags of Atlanta.
    I think if Disney takes over BG everyone should boycott. I'd like to see Dolly Parton buy Busch Gardens. It know it would have a pretty price. How much do you think it would go for?
    I was at Six Flags Over Georgia last weekend.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast