Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss WDW after PI? in the News & Rumors forums; Rumor has it that after PI closes, the pool bars will be staying open until midnight and the lounges until 2am. Can anyone confirm this? My sources seem pretty solid....
    VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder

WDW after PI?

Rumor has it that after PI closes, the pool bars will be staying open until midnight and the lounges until 2am. Can anyone confirm this? My sources seem pretty solid.
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    I thought that the hotel lounges were already open till 2
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Personally, I won't be all that sorry to see the bars go. I would think the bulk of Disney visitors are families, and I know there have been some problems with people who have been attracted to this area... I hope they keep/ramp up the outdoor music though, as the last couple times I have been to DD the stage was empty in prime time.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Anyone catch the latest Adventurer's Club rumor reported via voice mail on this week's show?

A castmember at the Beach Club said that the AC would reopen after PI's renovation is complete.

Granted, this is from a castmember, who are notorious for spreading false rumors, but this sounds like it could be the real deal.

Perhaps the Kunglaloosh is only off for a short term expedition and may soon return!
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

WDWForGrownups is offline A-Ticket holder
    It would be really surprising if they endured all the "angst" of people complaining about AC closing if they weren't actually going to do it.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I'd think they'd close it knowing they'll have a large upset group of people, and then sell souvenir DVD's of the place including the final hoopla, and then next year will reopen it, possibly as a new show but still keeping the AC spirit?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    Rumor has it that after PI closes, the pool bars will be staying open until midnight and the lounges until 2am. Can anyone confirm this? My sources seem pretty solid.
    I think that for the most part the resort lounges already stay open pretty late. Maybe not year round so that could be what's changing. Still the resort pool areas etc. would have to remain family friendly since there is no "show your ID at the door" so I can't see it being allowed to become truly a "bar crowd" type feeling.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That would be great if they re-opened AC! But I'm with Albino..they will probably make some $$$ off of it for a while.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    If I was being a total pessimist (and I am not normally), Disney could be closing the AC in order to cut ties with the long-standing CM actors, who are likely to be very expensive. Then they could re-open, hiring new actors or re-hiring the old ones at a lower scale. This seems in line with the cutting of several other professional positions, like Four For a Dollar, and the pianists at the Rose and Crown.

I don't really know if that's the case though - it is just a thought that came to mind reading the previous posts.

It really seems like Disney doesn't have very concrete plans as it is for the existing property. They just wanted to get the clubs closed for the closing of the fiscal period.

Word is that managers are seeing the crowds out the door at the AC and can't believe it. I doubt there will be any reprieve, however - if reports are to be believed that the AC in general has been losing money, the fact that it may be making money off its last two weeks does not mean that they will just decide not to close it.

What MAY happen is that they will figure out a way to make it work under the revenue it DOES bring in (lower the costs), or find another way to increase its revenue (somehow modify the concept into something bigger, perhaps by incorporating a restaurant, etc.).

And then there's still the Jim Hill idea that a new AC will be the gateway and driving theme of Nightly Kingdom/Jungle Trek...although I'd hope that people could attend the AC without paying the high price of the Trek...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    At the risk of being a non-moderator, moderator... I don't believe this thread was intended to discuss the fate of AC but rather the rumor about the bars being open later etc. The poor original poster is probably getting lost in the AC babble for his answer. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think the previous posters have been right - the lounges and bars already stay open pretty late, depending on the season. If they extend the opening of the lounges and pool bars, it will only be by an hour, two at the most. I'm also almost positive that the clubs at the Boardwalk were open until 2 anyway.

Either way, I think that they should only keep the Boardwalk clubs open until 2 if they want to be profitable. I don't know much about how this is at the other resorts, but I've stayed at the Boardwalk about 7 times and every time I walk by the lounge at any given time from 7 AM when they are serving breakfast through midnight, it's pretty dead. The last time I was there, I walked by one night after I got back from Illuminations (about 9:45) and there were about 15 people in there and I almost died from shock. Maybe this is because there people who would otherwise use the lounge go over to the night clubs instead...
    ~Ashleigh

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Was anyone in the World over the weekend who can report on the bars and lounges? I know it's only been a day or so...

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.