Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss More WDW Anniversary Rumors in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: While we are still a little more than 3 years away from the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort on October ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Question More WDW Anniversary Rumors

I got this from WDW News Today:

While we are still a little more than 3 years away from the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort on October 1, 2011, there are many rumors of new additions to the Disney theme parks that are becoming more and more likely. We have already told you about the plan to renew classic attractions at the Magic Kingdom such as Space Mountain, Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress, The Enchanted Tiki Room, The Country Bear Jamboree, and the Hall of Presidents, as well as add a few new attractions such as a Little Mermaid dark-ride and some new nighttime entertainment offerings. Now details are emerging on some planned projects for Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the celebration.

By now, you are all aware of the world’s worst kept secret of Star Tours receiving its new story, queue, film, and store sometime before 2011, but you may not be aware of another film change that is now making the rounds. It appears that filming for the proposed “Soarin’ Around The World” film is set to begin soon and we can plan on seeing the updated Epcot and California Adventure E-Ticket debut sometime in late 2009/ early 2010 if all goes according to plan. Epcot is also expected to be replacing Illuminations Reflections of Earth with a new show sometime in the 2009 and who can forget the still unofficial Monsters Inc. roller coaster that’s coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With all these big-budget projects and the expected financial downturn that WDW is about to go through, it will be interesting to see what from this list actually makes it off the blueprints and into the parks.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    I'll believe it when I see it.

IMO, I don't think that WDW News Today is all that credible. It was basically started by bunch of folks who used to post rumors on WDWMagic.com and later got banned from that board, so they probably started this new site out of anger and frustration towards WDWMagic.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I sort of agree with the "I'll believe it when I see it." idea. While I don't doubt that Disney will do "something" for it's 40th, I just don't see them putting that much money into each park during a time where the economy is doing as bad as it is and their attendance is ultimately going to be impacted. Plus... I just don't see the 40th as big a deal as say a 25th or 50th etc. Sure Disney makes a big deal out of all their anniversaries but I don't get a correlation between the 40th and such a big celebration that it means new attractions. The refurbs I can see... Lord knows COP needs it.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I'm sure Disney will figure out a way to "celebrate" this event with a few things. Will ALL those rumors become a reality by the date? I doubt it, but if it does, great!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I sort of agree with the "I'll believe it when I see it." idea. While I don't doubt that Disney will do "something" for it's 40th, I just don't see them putting that much money into each park during a time where the economy is doing as bad as it is and their attendance is ultimately going to be impacted. Plus... I just don't see the 40th as big a deal as say a 25th or 50th etc. Sure Disney makes a big deal out of all their anniversaries but I don't get a correlation between the 40th and such a big celebration that it means new attractions. The refurbs I can see... Lord knows COP needs it.
    I agree with you Bama. I may be wrong but I believe that Disney after the 50 years celebration had said that they were going to move away from celebrating the birthdays of the parks so frequently. I am sure that they will do something for the 40th, but I am not so sure that it will be as grand as these rumors seem to indicate (especially since these rumors seem to have half the rides in the parks being rehabbed and updated )

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Now just remember everyone that these are just rumors...that's why it's in the rumors forum.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Now just remember everyone that these are just rumors...that's why it's in the rumors forum.
    Really? Wow didn't catch that, thanks Adam.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Plus... I just don't see the 40th as big a deal as say a 25th or 50th etc.
    Yes I thought that too but then I looked in my old drawer, and found an old McDonald's Toy from Disneyland's 40th!
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

kebdal23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think that they will play up the 40th anniversary and make some pretty significant refurbs. What do you think they want to do to the Tiki room? Turn it back into it's original state......!?!?
    Katie (33) and Elvis (41)
    DS Casey Michael (14)
    DS Tyler Anthony (12)
    DS Adisa Andwele (7)
    DS Jelani Aitan (5)
    DD Due August 25th!

DL: 1982, 1992, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, May 2008, Nov 2009
    WDW: 1999, May 2007, ~Oct 2010~

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    well this is also the second park, disneyland was the first, and while everyone still remembers the 50th its still fresh on our minds, i see like maybe something for the 40th, but Disneyworlds 50th, haha i cant wait!!!! that is going to be insane

i hope if the redo tiki room, put stitch in it, he is in the one at tokyo disneyland, i saw a video of it and it looks AMAZING even tho i have no idea what anyone is saying except the first six lines,
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by kngdmhrts3 View Post
    i hope if the redo tiki room, put stitch in it, he is in the one at tokyo disneyland, i saw a video of it and it looks AMAZING even tho i have no idea what anyone is saying except the first six lines,
    Yeah, but that version has some disadvantages too. For example: it ditches the 4 original hosts (our dear friends Jose, Michael, Pierre & Fritz) as well as the "Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room" theme song.

The Stitch Tiki show looks nice, but I think it should remain unique to TDL, with the original remaining unique to DL and Under New Management remaining unique to WDW.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    It'll be great if all these come to pass. I guarantee I'll be there on 10.1.2011 no matter what Disney has up their sleeves.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm still holding out hope for a snow white mine car coaster, little mermaid and Beauty and the Beast dark rides for Fantasyland, even though it seems a bit "princess-y"
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    The only refurb I really really care about actually going through is Soarin' Around the World. I really do think that, if they go through with it, it will be really spectacular.
    ~Ashleigh

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    The only refurb I really really care about actually going through is Soarin' Around the World. I really do think that, if they go through with it, it will be really spectacular.
    I prefer a Soarin over America myself. Start at daybreak at DL and end at Illuminations
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast