Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Hall of Presidents Election Cycle Changes in the News & Rumors forums; Hello everyone, It is obviously known that the HoP will close shortly until July to complete a renovation...has anyone heard if it will be a very basic upgrade, simply adding ...
    nospinguy is offline A-Ticket holder

Hall of Presidents Election Cycle Changes

Hello everyone,
    It is obviously known that the HoP will close shortly until July to complete a renovation...has anyone heard if it will be a very basic upgrade, simply adding the new president and his speech at the end before Lincoln? Or will it be a larger overhaul, improving the entire presentation? Maybe a 9/11 implementation instead of just slavery? Don't get me wrong, slavery was terrible and is a black eye on our nation's history, but there is a lot of other material that can be included.

Also, I was wondering about the AA that would be made for John McCain should he win the election. I mean him no disrespect, but he has a different posture and basic movements than is normal due to the torture he endured in Vietnam. If the Imagineers choose to accurately replicate his movements - which I'm sure they would - they wouldn't be able to use a standard AA "frame" (I wouldn't think), if you will, due to his arms and the way they move. I know there are braces on FDR's legs, so I know the Imagineers want full accuracy.

Again, I mean no disrespect to Sen. McCain. Just curious what everyone thinks about the implementation of his AA and the renovations in general!
    Come see me at www.wdwblog.com!

Most Recent Trip:
    3/7 - 3/15 '09

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I hope it is just a "freshening up" of the whole thing. Too much goofing around with the originals takes away from the overall effect.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

nospinguy is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree...that's part of my problem with the current format. It didn't used to be entirely about slavery until - someone correct me if I'm wrong - a Columbia professor caused a stink and worked with Disney to create its current orientation.

I believe Walt originally intended it to be called God Bless America for the Edison Square area..again, not positive.

I'd LOVE to see a longer version that shows more about how each president contributed to the growth of the nation, sort of like the "The Presidents" series on History channel. Just go through from the Revolution through today touching on the most notable points...Rev. War, Civil War, Depression, Civil Rights, all wars from the 1900s, including war on terror, etc. Just my $.02!
    Come see me at www.wdwblog.com!

Most Recent Trip:
    3/7 - 3/15 '09