Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Adventurers Club Rumor from Rumor Mill in the News & Rumors forums; The Adventurers Club IS dead, but it will rise again like the phoenix - with a different name, story line, and time period. It may even have a food element ...
    Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Adventurers Club Rumor from Rumor Mill

The Adventurers Club IS dead, but it will rise again like the phoenix - with a different name, story line, and time period. It may even have a food element added to it. Stay tuned, because I believe we will hear more about this sooner rather than later.
    Hmm...

This tells me that it would be in the same location as the AC, potentially same cast. Here's hoping that everyone's efforts to save the AC have not been without reward!

Thoughts?

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I really hope it comes back. I sent my letters and got a response like: Thanks for writing us...but we've made up our minds. Hope they come to their senses.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Dale-not-Chip is offline B-Ticket Holder
    with a different name, story line, and time period
    So it will be back but be nothing like the orginial.

How is that coming back?

cavaliers60 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would like to see the AC come back. I think Disney was wrong in closing PI, but then again, I worked there for 6 months back in 2006 and it wasn't the greatest thing in the world. But the AC was great!

Tommy Morrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale-not-Chip View Post
    So it will be back but be nothing like the orginial.

How is that coming back?
    Exactly! You beat me to it but ... uh ... yeah ... I'm all for it coming back in some form though.

I just hope it's not the "Super Adventurer's Club" or set in the 1950's and based on an aging adventurer looking for "crystal skulls" ...
    Fry: "This was our storage closet. My Dad spent years turning it into a bomb shelter."
    Leela: "And yet you guys never had a single nuclear war."
    Bender: "What a waste."

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Dale and Tommy are reading my minds on this one. How in the world can that news be interpreted as it making a return? That's like saying that the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was a comeback for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Morrow View Post
    Exactly! You beat me to it but ... uh ... yeah ... I'm all for it coming back in some form though.

I just hope it's not the "Super Adventurer's Club" or set in the 1950's and based on an aging adventurer looking for "crystal skulls" ...
    You actually might not be too far off. Lou also mentioned more movie tie-ins with the parks, and an Indiana Jones tie-in with the AC would be somewhat topical. It could be themed on the fictional Marshall College branch of the fictional National Museum from the movie series. (I had to look that up) I'm basically thinking "out loud" here, so please don't treat any of this as even a bad rumor.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Actually I'd be fine with it if it had some Indy tie-in ... just not Indy 4 (not that its terrible) but you know ... I love the first three unabashedly.
    Fry: "This was our storage closet. My Dad spent years turning it into a bomb shelter."

Dale-not-Chip is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Sure that concept would be fun, but it is not the adventures club.

By that Definition. Enjoy The new Horizons, that has risen like a phoenix, when you are on Mission space. different name, new story, and different time period.

Well I'd WAY RATHER have the original but I was just saying I'd be fine with the Indy tie-in and that all falls under the category of "better something than nothing."

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I dunno about an Indy tie-in. Disney doesn't actually own the rights to those movies do they? The attraction is a "left over" from the MGM associate isn't it?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

No, Lucas works with Disney on his properties ... i.e. the rumored Star Tours updates etc ... and all the Indy attractions in all the parks.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    There was talk that the AC was going to be a par tof the "Night Kingdom" that was planned for the AK annex. That was on Jim Hill media, not sure of the veracity.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I am really okay with the AC dying. It wasn't making money, and it was dead 4 nights out of the week, so operating a club with no one in it 4 nights out of the week, doesn't make much sense.

Yes I miss it.

I just wish that people would have supported it BEFORE it disappeared, not just made a big deal out of it at the end. That's why it disappeared, is that it only had huge support at that end.

If it DOES come back in any, way, shape or form, support it from the start.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would like to see the place rise in DAK. It would make a very interesting addition to the food choices there

Mouse Extra
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast