Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Pop Century be rebranded as Disney's Animation Inn and Suites in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by dzneynut You're missing the fact that the existing buildings already have some animation theming, Jungle Book, Lady & the Tramp, Toy Story, etc. All they would have ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut View Post
    You're missing the fact that the existing buildings already have some animation theming, Jungle Book, Lady & the Tramp, Toy Story, etc. All they would have to do is remove the numbers, do some painting, and change the maps. Changing the theming before the other half is finished gives them a lot more options. And they don't have to worry about offending the flappers and moonshiners!
    That is true, but where would that leave All Star Movies? Would Disney really have 2 hotels with similar theming?

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    That is true, but where would that leave All Star Movies? Would Disney really have 2 hotels with similar theming?
    Random thought...although it might make a bit less sense...

Retheme all of the All-Stars into a single cohesive theme? Rebuild more of the buildings with suites? And expand?
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I just don't see them investing money in retheming that which already exists, not in this economy. Plus didn't they just refurb ASMu? ASMo is in desperate need of a refurb so is it possible the permit filed is to refurb ASMo and potentially rename it? It already has the animation theming as stated above. I dunno, like I said earlier, I always take Jim Hill with a gigantic grain of salt. His "news" is often taking fact (in this case the filed permit) and mixing it with hope and/or rumor to come up with a story.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Maybe that is what they are going to rename the Treehouse villas.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Maybe that is what they are going to rename the Treehouse villas.
    The THV have already been announced as part of SSR.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I read Jim for entertainment, so I just can't see that happening. (Side note: Jim wrote in the 2007 Unoffical Guide that Voyage of The Little Mermaid would be leaving in autumn of that year...That book would have been written in at least January! And lets not forget the "Discoveryland" story...)
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    *sigh* those poor legendary years. one of those ideas that looks good on paper but doesn't work in practice. there just isn't enough..symbols i guess, that are recognizable as 40's or 20's, at least not like the classic years.
    i can't say this animation inn sounds great either. there's definitely animation theming in other hotels, it'd be redundant to do one purely as cartoons.
    i think there's other themes they need to explore that would be more original or innovative. maybe a pixar theme? a toy story building, a cars building, a bugs life building? or an asian hotel, have china, japan, indonesia, and india buildings? heck, a villains hotel would even be fun! i think it'd be a hoot to stay in a hotel that was themed after the haunted mansion.

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I hope that if they do re-theme the Pop Century, they at least come up with a better name. "Animation Inn and Suites" doesn't sound very appealing.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    i highly doubt that this will happen. POP Century is a pretty new hotel. It hasn't even been around for 10 years. plus, y would u take a hotel that is almost always packed and loved by many who stay there. in this economy disney isn't going to waste money to tear down a hotel theme that is doing well to put up an entirely different one
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

I know a lot of this re-theming idea has to do with the fact that the new buildings have been sitting there unoccupied for years. They should re-theme those buildings, and make it a completely different hotel. Keep the original POP the same, and create "Animation Inn and Suites" from what would have been the legendary years.
    July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site

This did just put an idea in my head...

They could "complete" Pop Century not by building the Legendary Years, but reallocating the buildings. There are 10 buildings as it is - one for each decade. It might necessitate removing/moving some of the theming around. If they want, they could "pair" some of the decades, especially the earlier ones.

Or simply change the name of "Pop Century" to drop the Century part - like Pop Culture or Pop Generation.

The idea of making what would have been the Legendary Years a completely different resort would alleviate a major headache as well - two parts of the same resort, with completely separate check-in buildings...I would think quite a few people unfamiliar with the resort would end up checking in via the wrong building...
    Doc

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    "Animation Inn and Suites".... sounds too generic like a non Disney hotel. I hope this doesn't happen.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    You could have the Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald buildings.
    Yeah me too! You could have Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers Building too!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

SevenSeasLagoon is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I would just be happy for them to do anything with the Legendary Years buildings! I have to admit, the 00's, 10's, and 20's seem like they would be very hard to theme.

I disagree. The 20s especially had a very distinct and unique culture!
    July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast