Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Pop Century be rebranded as Disney's Animation Inn and Suites in the News & Rumors forums; jim hill reports that Pop Cent. will be renamed here the article explaining and also that the unfinished legendary yrs will become all family suites. Jim Hill : Monday Mouse ...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program

Pop Century be rebranded as Disney's Animation Inn and Suites

jim hill reports that Pop Cent. will be renamed here the article explaining

and also that the unfinished legendary yrs will become all family suites.

Jim Hill : Monday Mouse Watch: Will Pop Century be rebranded as Disney's Animation Inn and Suites?
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I wish the family suites had more comfortable sleeping arrangements. I think it is a good idea. I hope the economy also supports this.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I like the Pop Culture theming! It needs to stay!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I haven't seen it yet so I can't say if I like it or not. I like the idea of family suites but they would need to bring the price down, last time I checked it was cheaper to get connecting rooms.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I sooooo wanted the Legendary Years to be themed and opened. I really wanted to stay in a 20s or 30s styled room. Who knows what the future truly holds. I always take this sort of stuff from Jim Hill with a large grain of salt.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I stayed at POP once and really didn't like it..... but then I was stuck in the 90s section with the ugly pea green cell phones on the side of the building.

I've never done the family suite thing so I can't comment on what I think of the other portion of the resort becoming all those kind of rooms.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Thumbs up

I always questioned how they were going to theme the earlier decade half of the Pop Century resort. Pop culture did not exist prior to the 1950's! Most of the pop culture references are a direct result of the growth of the baby-boomer generation, and its influence on society in the 20th century. I think they would of had a difficult time coming up with recognizable (at least to baby-boomers) icons to represent the early decades. They are going to have enough trouble coming up with Disney animated icons prior to Snow White in the 30's and Mickey in the 20's! Abandoning the decades constraints on the buildings will alleviate this problem. This way they can have Snow White, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. buildings, and not have to worry about theming for the very early decades. I also think the family suite idea is the way to go.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sounds like a hugh waste of money to me, why not put that money into something people really care about
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Uh...so what is All Star Movies then?

It seems like it would be a complete waste to tear down all the theming to put new things in its place.

I don't buy it.

Tommy Morrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think more affordable suites is a good idea but I also agree that re-themeing the current sections sounds like a waste of money for a hotel that is already in good shape.

Why not use that money and take that Fantasyland upgrade off hold?
    Fry: "This was our storage closet. My Dad spent years turning it into a bomb shelter."
    Leela: "And yet you guys never had a single nuclear war."
    Bender: "What a waste."

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by lobaugo View Post
    Uh...so what is All Star Movies then?

It seems like it would be a complete waste to tear down all the theming to put new things in its place.

I don't buy it.
    This is the same thought process I'm having!

I was looking forward to seeing the Legendary Years getting done. The roaring 20s would have been fun to see!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I've seen far too many Jim Hill reports never come true, so I'll just wait to form my opinion until I hear a more official announcement.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    I've seen far too many Jim Hill reports never come true, so I'll just wait to form my opinion until I hear a more official announcement.
    I'll note that his article is based around the fact that Disney HAS filed to build a test room for a "Disney's Animation Inn and Suites". Hill is trying to associate that with the rumors of actually completing the other side of POP.

I don't particularly like his style or his accuracy, but there is some logic to the conclusion. The area is already prepped, two shells and the main building are already there, etc.

If it is NOT the completion of the existing area, then is it a whole new resort? Where would it be? Flamingo Crossing by all reports is 3rd party hotels, etc.

Even with bookings down, Disney could be throwing cash on hand at building to be prepared for the hopefully big return of guests who had to put off trips because of the economy.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    You're missing the fact that the existing buildings already have some animation theming, Jungle Book, Lady & the Tramp, Toy Story, etc. All they would have to do is remove the numbers, do some painting, and change the maps. Changing the theming before the other half is finished gives them a lot more options. And they don't have to worry about offending the flappers and moonshiners!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    You could have the Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald buildings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast