Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Three New Rollercoasters for Hollywood Studios in the News & Rumors forums; Just returned from the World yesterday. On one of our bus rides from Pop Century, our bus driver claimed that they would be building 3 new roller coasters in DHS ...
    Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Three New Rollercoasters for Hollywood Studios

Just returned from the World yesterday. On one of our bus rides from Pop Century, our bus driver claimed that they would be building 3 new roller coasters in DHS over the next few years.

You can probably take it with a grain of salt, but just figured I'd throw it out there. I know we've heard about the possible Monster's Inc. coaster, but I don't know what else there would be.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's interesting.

As a side note though, I really hope the Studios, and Disney overall, doesn't become like Universal Studios and Busch Gardens with tons and tons of thrill rides. Thrill rides can be fun, but unfortunately with me having a heart condition I can't ride some of the thrill rides, especially the more intense roller coasters. I feel terrible whenever I go to theme parks such as that..... its like I can't ride anything. I remember going to Busch Gardens once and seeing every performance of the ice skating show they had because it was the only thing I could do in the park. I sure don't want that from Disney.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    That would be cool,but I agree with Sorria,I don't want to see Disney become a Six Flags either.Six Flags over Ga,has become just that.Nothing but coasters.Several not worth a flip!I'm not even sure,if I'll ever go back to Six Flags,even though I haven't ridden the Goliath Coaster.
    Thankfully,I don't have a heart condition to prevent me riding the coasters,but I am almost 50 years old,and I know when we rode Mission Space,its opening year(what was that?),when we got off,I was very queezy in my stomach,but never got sick or anything.Just had to sit down for a little while.I am glad that they changed one of the rides to be a less intense ride,we did that one the following year.So I don't want to see Disney become a coaster park either.I love the ones that are there,and I can ride them,but to go all the way,no way.Actually,I don't think Disney would ever do that,but I do understand your point about the subject,and I fully agree.
    Park Hopper Dad!

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I agree. I am not a huge rollercoaster fan, and MGM is already my least favorite park because I feel like there isn't a lot for me to do there. I ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster maybe once every couple of trips and I haven't rode ToT for 10 years because I think that is the scariest ride in the entire universe. With the addition of Toy Story Midway Mania, there is definitely more appeal for people like me where I can go to MGM and actually experience some of the rides. I really only go to MGM for the Muppets, so I think adding more Disney rides would be perfect for MGM, but not necessarily more roller coasters.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just remember that these bus drivers are notorious for giving false info. I would really be surprised if Disney put in 3 new coasters, especially since I've never heard that rumor before. But it really doesn't seem like something they would do - putting in 3 new attractions, all of the same type?
    ~Ashleigh

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm with you lobaugo on ToT, I threatened to divorce the DW after riding it when it first opened... because she said "its not that bad"; yeah right? lol. I'm not a big coaster fan but I love BTMRR. The bus drivers like to spread rumors that may never come to pass.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I went on the Tower of Terror several times on my first trip to WDW in 1996 and loved it. However, for some reason it completeley freaked me out when we went back in 1997 - so much so that hubby (normally the most mild-mannered individual) gave me a good telling off and made me ride it. I discovered that yes, I did still love it and I haven't been scared since.

The bonus? He felt so bad for shouting at me that he bought me a lovely Winnie the Pooh clock I wanted to say sorry - RESULT!!!!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would not believe one word that came out of a bus drivers mouth
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I would not believe one word that came out of a bus drivers mouth
    That's pretty harsh. I would hope that when he says "This is your stop" he would be telling me the truth. lol
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    That's pretty harsh. I would hope that when he says "This is your stop" he would be telling me the truth. lol

That I will give you. But thats as far as I will go
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I find it hard to believe that these bus drivers are spreading these rumors without some nod from management. There just seems to be a lot of disinformation going around. Again just my opinion.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This idea (espeically for 3) does seem to be a stretch...
    I think that Disney will continue to add rides, but they need to balance what they do to appeal to all their demographics - kids, teens, adults, seniors.
    The roller coaster(s) will bring in the teens, but they aren't the only target for Disney!
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I find it hard to believe that these bus drivers are spreading these rumors without some nod from management. There just seems to be a lot of disinformation going around. Again just my opinion.
    It's funny you say that. On our last trip I asked a driver where he got most of his information regarding what they are planning and he said from other guests. So... there ya go!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    3 more rollercoasters in one park is too much!! DHS already has Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. These are basically the two biggest thrill rides at WDW. so, 3 more would make DHS too much of a thrill park, almost like a Six Flags. i do hope they add the Monsters Inc. coaster thoungh, but then thats it.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    A bus driver also told me that Night Kingdom and Beastly Kingdom will be done by the end of 2009. He also said that the old runway would become another resort and have a monorail stop on the line from the TTC to Epcot.

I'm not believing those rumors either.

I think the bus drivers have fun with the guests by spreading ludicrous rumors.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast