Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Nintendo DS service in the News & Rumors forums; Has anyone heard any new news about the Nintendo DS tie-ins to WDW? We're planning a trip next July (in 2009) and both my daughters have DS game systems they ...
    DisneyHomeVideo is offline B-Ticket Holder

Nintendo DS service

Has anyone heard any new news about the Nintendo DS tie-ins to WDW? We're planning a trip next July (in 2009) and both my daughters have DS game systems they use and would likely enjoy using at the parks as well.

Thanks!

Dan Cohen
    DisneyHomeVideo

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder
    From the descriptions of what was on the DS with the trials and what they are talking about with this new Verizon deal, it seems to me that they may have gone that route, instead. Just a thought and observation....
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

JamboJohn is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyHomeVideo View Post
    Has anyone heard any new news about the Nintendo DS tie-ins to WDW? We're planning a trip next July (in 2009) and both my daughters have DS game systems they use and would likely enjoy using at the parks as well.

Thanks!

Dan Cohen
    DisneyHomeVideo
    I am not sure if this service will just be "open" to anyone's DS. There was testing going on by Imagineering in the parks for a new type of park enhancement using the DS as a platform. It is kind of like a "Pal Mickey" on steroids. It taps into a WiFi network in the parks and allows you to plan your rides using an interactive map. Constantly gives alerts to character greetings and shows the ride wait times in real time. It is a very cool little system that is still under development. There was talk of it also doing spiels for certain attractions - just pick your language and go, so it would also replace the "Ears to the World" feature in the parks.

The device being tested was offered to random guests in 2007 to try out. You had to leave a $300 deposit for the hardware...

We shall see soon if this will take off. There are some cast members out there that are afraid it could eliminate jobs at the park. But, I am sure the ice man was a little upset when people started buying refrigerators...

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    That would be cool it get updates. This probably does not have to do with anything but in the 2nd Kingdom Keepers Book. They used there DS to talk to people. I have noticed that a lot of stuff in those books are facts. Like I said I do not know if that means anything but it kind of ties into this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Mr. Hill wrote an interesting article about a test that used Nintendo DS technology. Interesting stuff:

Jim Hill : Monday Mouse Watch : Get ready to make the "Disney Magic Connection"

I have not heard of any news on this recently...
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

msduckland is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow that would be amazing.