Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss The Official "A Bus Driver Told Me" Thread. in the News & Rumors forums; Everyone who has used the WDW Bus System has heard some rediculous rumors. Let's hear them. I'll start... During our trip in October we heard from our driver from POR ...
    ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

The Official "A Bus Driver Told Me" Thread.

Everyone who has used the WDW Bus System has heard some rediculous rumors.

Let's hear them.

I'll start...

During our trip in October we heard from our driver from POR to MK, the following.

Disney's Beastly and Night Kingdoms were almost completed and will be opening by the end of 2009.

The old runway that parallels World Dr was going to be made into a new resort/ DVC resort that will include a monorail stop.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey View Post
    Disney's Beastly and Night Kingdoms were almost completed and will be opening by the end of 2009.
    That's hilarious. I good rumor would be that the Imagineers were officially starting plans on the parks, but no, the parks are almost completed!! lol
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I posted this on another thread but I'll post it here too

Our trip a few weeks ago the bus driver told us that Disney was going to open a new park in Dubai. And a new park would be coming soon to WDW.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's actually the thread that gave me the idea for this thread.

I think the bus drivers have taken it upon themselves to make this a little game. "Let's see what kind of crazy rumor we can get the guests to believe!"
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey View Post
    I think the bus drivers have taken it upon themselves to make this a little game. "Let's see what kind of crazy rumor we can get the guests to believe!"
    HAHA! I will take it one step further, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more than one or two bus drivers who are board lurkers or members, who like to see if the stories they tell eventually end up in forums with frenzied discussions.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    What a great idea Todd!

A Backlot Tour guide told us that they were going to add the Chicago Skyline to the Streets of America. (That was a few years ago.)
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    "Sit down you rotten kid"

no, nobody ever said that.

just the normal stuff. new park over there, new ride in there.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I used to know one of the bus drivers at Disney World, and he told me that there were days when they would see who could come up with the most outlandish story. He said one guy convinced his bus that they made a mistake and put Captain Jack Sparrow in the Haunted Mansion instead of Pirates while doing refurbs for both. How anyone could buy that, I have no idea!
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

ImAmes is offline A-Ticket holder
    We always hear from bus drivers "Keep moving back..." - indeedly not a rumor!!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by wdfan View Post
    That's hilarious. I good rumor would be that the Imagineers were officially starting plans on the parks, but no, the parks are almost completed!! lol
    Google Earth kinda put an end to that possibiltiy. The good old days they could hide a project, them days are gone.

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    But they did add Chicago...
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

PokemonTrainer is offline A-Ticket holder
    On my last trip, a bus driver said to our group that " Ya know that log flume Splash Mountain? The Imaginears are gonna turn it into a roller coaster themed around an evil cursed mountain. They gonna put the Song of the South animatronics in BTMRR."

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I had a bus driver tell me a few years back that the blackened rooms in the Swan & Dolphin were where a monorail line was going

and they were building a sports theme park next to Wide World of Sports
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I can't even remember some of the nonsensical rumors the bus drivers have told us on our many trips.

One driver, however, used to try to give us fun information such as how many hamburgers were made in a day, or how many pairs of sunglasses were sent to lost and found in one year, etc. I swear I have had that driver on every trip in the last 10 years but we didn't see him this year.

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    Yea we had him last trip. He was telling joke also.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast