Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Wonders Pavilion in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by BamaJenn What's irritating about this is the fact that yet another great area has closed to become a place for private events or meetings at Epcot. They ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    What's irritating about this is the fact that yet another great area has closed to become a place for private events or meetings at Epcot. They already have the old Millenium Village and they also have the old Imageworks upstairs in Imagination. How many more attractions will be lost to private space?
    I never knew that about the upper level of Imagination. That explains a lot.
    The upper level was excellent, my kids loved it when little. I never understood why. Silly me, I should have known.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I liked the "Goofy About Health" show. It was really cute. Too bad my kids never got to see it.
    The whole pavilion was an excellent educational pavilion, my kids had fun while learning. We could easily spend 2 hours in there when my kids were small. Each year I took a picture of them in front of the X-Rays. A wonderful growth chart. This was one of the pavilions that was a draw to school field trips. I do miss the old Epcot.

Wonder what they will do to the Universe of Energy during its rehab this year, sure hope it does open back up and it isn't a ploy. Does anyone know what is planned for the rehab at Energy?

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Wonder what they will do to the Universe of Energy during its rehab this year, sure hope it does open back up and it isn't a ploy. Does anyone know what is planned for the rehab at Energy?
    I've heard its nothing like a major update to the visible elements (yet), but an update to the car tracking system and such, so they are at least putting money in to it.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    all i know is that if EPCOT is serious about being green then they should probably turn the lights off in there once in a while.

one time i was walking around by myself and i was so tempted to just stroll on in there. there were no guards, it was night time, all the lights were on, and the only thing blocking the path was a rope.

someday ill get in there...someday...
    Haha, that reminds me. the last time i was down in Disney, my friend hopped the rope, cuz she used to LOVE the Wonders of Life, and well, shes nuts. She went up to the building and looked inside through a window, but said that it was pretty much empty.
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was young when Wonders was open and my brother was even younger than I was. He went on Body Wars with my Dad and i didn't and shortly after Wonders closed so i never went on it. I LOVED Cranium Command and the little bikes that you would ride. Some fun stuff was in there and it makes me sad to see it go away.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Until there is a sponsor or a desparate need to increase the park's capacity (and I wouldn't look for either of those anytime toooo soon) I think the space will remain dedicated to private and special events.
    Just my two cents
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Are sponsors really financially necessary to run a pavillion or are they just preferred because it means more profit? Disney charges $75 for a single park adult admission and they still need sponsors? Not to mention the profit margin on food, drinks, and souvenirs made in china. That seems outrageous.

tink2thecore is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yes because most of the money we pay for the admission to the park pays for the utility bills which are astronomical, plus the nightly fireworks, the staff...etc etc etc. A sponsor would allow them to adjust the building to new plans and build new attractions so on and so forth.

However after looking at some old pics I did recently realize how much time we used to spend there as a family.
    If you can Dream it, the you can do it!

My only hope is that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse

Disney 2009 Part Two: 3 months 15 days.... Cannot wait!!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Necessary? Probably not. However, its through sponsors that a lot of the pavilions got built or rebuilt. If a sponsor who has continued to pay to defray the ongoing operational costs leaves, that can be a pretty big financial burden that Disney suddenly has to absorb - and it can only affect the bottom line since their doing so would not result in any increased revenue, yet the operational costs can be substantial, especially in the case of a complex attraction.

Of course, Iger could sponsor it out of his own pocket...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

amberpi is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Wonders Pavilion

I have been to both a private event there (very cool) and the Food and Wine festival. At the F&W festival they have the biggest single selection of the wines to buy. Or at least, in the last 5 years of going, the biggest single selection of the wines to buy by the bottle. - Its just so much fun!

I keep hoping that they turn the old Odyssey building into some kind of fabulous NEW restaurant in Epcot. Sure, there's great food there, but something along the lines of Victoria and Albert's or something. I never plan far enough in advance and V&A seems to always be booked up. I've only gotten in a couple of times, and one in Epcot (my fave) would be even better. And the location, right in the heart of things would be super. I hate that there's so little going on in that prime Epcot spot

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'd be happy if they just reopened the Odyssey as a burger-n-fries place like it originally was.

Bobby2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

This makes me nervous for Test Track and them possibly loosing GM as a sponsor. Disney could take it down for "Rehab" until a new sponsor is found. Rumors are attendance being way down was a CM Cost cutting reason for the "rehab" of Ellen on that side too. It could be like PI quickly on that side of Future real soon.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

I don't think they'd let one of their main gates turn into PI. I remember many years ago when World of Motion was being redone into Test Track and UOE happened to be down at the same time (maybe it was to add Ellen?). The only thing open on that side of the park was the Wonders pavilion. Because of this, they decided to reopen Horizons, which had already been closed for a year or two, until Test Track was finished. It ended up being Horizons' finial horrah.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I remember that. Test Track was at its original projected opening. CM's were riding it while we were there, just prior to its scheduled Grand Opening. It silently shut down and everyone was mum about why Test Track wasn't opening until a long time later. The only hint was the Birnbaum Guide already went to press.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I really hope they do something with this pavilion... It seemed like a really fun one, getting back to the old edutainment epcot. Who currently could be the sponsor?

I'd love to see a ride/future world table service restaurant (not how sure it is) in the Oddysey place. Perhaps a future (almost horizons/space-y/ science-y) themed restaurant?
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Are sponsors really financially necessary to run a pavillion or are they just preferred because it means more profit? Disney charges $75 for a single park adult admission and they still need sponsors? Not to mention the profit margin on food, drinks, and souvenirs made in china. That seems outrageous.

I would assume if the Wonders of Life was quite popular then they would operate on their own. However, its was never a must see so without sponsors its not fiscally prudent to have the expsense of running it. I imagine if Universe of Energy loses a sponsor it would have a similiar fate
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast