Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Wonders Pavilion in the News & Rumors forums; I know this is something that was discussed ages ago... I even found a thread I posted in on the subject in 2006 ( http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...n-plans-2.html ) so it amazes me ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Wonders Pavilion

I know this is something that was discussed ages ago... I even found a thread I posted in on the subject in 2006 (http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...n-plans-2.html) so it amazes me that here we are going on 2009 and I still have no clue what the plans are for the old Wonders of Life Pavilion. Does anyone have any actual facts or are we pretty much still just looking at an empty building with a ton of rumor surrounding it?

We were discussing this in January too... http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...pavillion.html

Can anyone tell I'm dying to know??
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    For the time being, they are using the building for the Festival Centers for both Food & Wine and Flower & Garden. In between I believe they are renting the space out for private events, which is a nice source of income for the park. As far as I know, no other plans have been made for the building yet.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have also heard that they are using it for private events. I know my dad has a buisness meeting at Epcot in April and he said he heard something about being where Wonders is, but he said no one he worked with had any idea what that meant. I'm assuming that they are having their meeting/convention there for the time being. I wish they would bring back Cranium Command some time in the future.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

What's irritating about this is the fact that yet another great area has closed to become a place for private events or meetings at Epcot. They already have the old Millenium Village and they also have the old Imageworks upstairs in Imagination. How many more attractions will be lost to private space?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I completely agree with you Bama. And the worst part is Wonders was always one of my favorite sections of Epcot. I loved Cranium Command so much. Plus there were so many little things that were fun to do that you could keep busy for an hour or two without realizing how much time was passing.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would love to see the pavillon change themes. Perhaps a Weather theme built around a clone of Toyko's DisneySea's Stormrider motion simulator
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The only good thing that Disney have done with the pavillion is to keep all the exhibits in it, in case it can find a new sponser. But although i would love to see i back, with the world economy as it is the time for a new sponser could have come and gone

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I liked the "Goofy About Health" show. It was really cute. Too bad my kids never got to see it.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    all i know is that if EPCOT is serious about being green then they should probably turn the lights off in there once in a while.

one time i was walking around by myself and i was so tempted to just stroll on in there. there were no guards, it was night time, all the lights were on, and the only thing blocking the path was a rope.

someday ill get in there...someday...
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

I know exactly what you mean Eric. I noticed on our last trip that the lights were on and had the same thought... there is little to keep you away. The way some people's minds works, they'd think the rope wasn't really there to discourage people from entering and head on in. I know I've seen kids doing much worse.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I hope they get a sponsor so that they can open is back up on an ongoing basis. I'm glad that they get some use out of the space for the Food & Wine Festival, etc. but it would be great to see it come back online.
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wish they'd do something with the building too. I'd love to see Body Wars come back in a more smoothed out version. Last time I rode it a few years ago when it was open for a few months around Christmas time it was extremely rough.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    so... how much could you pay a 5 year old to run under the rope, and go into the building so that you can run in after him and just happen to have your camera taking pictures?
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I'd give him a 10 for that exclusive look!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

tink2thecore is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    What's irritating about this is the fact that yet another great area has closed to become a place for private events or meetings at Epcot. They already have the old Millenium Village and they also have the old Imageworks upstairs in Imagination. How many more attractions will be lost to private space?
    I think it is unfortunate about the lack of sponsorship but the truth is that until they have a sponsor and aplan for the space, they don't want the building to be a drain on their finances. Also Private events make certain things possible for us to enjoy. One private event pays for the entertainers that work in the park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast