Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Crane up at Typhoon Lagoon??? in the News & Rumors forums; I read where a large crane is up at Typhoon Lagoon. Does anybody know what is going on over there? I read they are re-doing the bottom of the wave ...
    JPG54 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Crane up at Typhoon Lagoon???

I read where a large crane is up at Typhoon Lagoon. Does anybody know what is going on over there? I read they are re-doing the bottom of the wave pool, but was wondering would they need a large crane for that job, or could it be for something else?
    Pat-Charter D23 Member
    Premium Pass Holders

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I saw a big heron when I was there this past summer.

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I saw a big heron when I was there this past summer.
    ha!

-no I haven't heard anything
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    If I had to guess, I'd say they may be repainting the mountain or parts of it, or repairing a section of slide that maybe has damage etc. It's not unusual to see cranes brought in to do that sort of thing.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe