Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Are You 23?? in the News & Rumors forums; Disney has started promoting.... something. Not sure what it's all about, but apparently some posters went up at headquarters in Burbank, and then this website went active: http://www.disney.com/23 Anybody have ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Are You 23??

Disney has started promoting.... something. Not sure what it's all about, but apparently some posters went up at headquarters in Burbank, and then this website went active:

http://www.disney.com/23

Anybody have any ideas???
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    How exciting!!!!!!
    I have entered my e-mail. I could pass for 23..............at a stretch.............in the dark

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    Hmm? very intersting. Maybe will go along with the "What will you celebrate?"
    Made it has something to do with the Disney Company created in 1923?

Have fun cheering on the Marathoners, my dad and brother are running the Goofy, however they left me in snowy ohio.
    Last edited by Stitch's buddy; 01-07-2009 at 03:56 PM.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    March 10 is a Tuesday, so I doubt it's a movie, since Fridays are movie days. Tuesday is CD/DVD/Video Game release day, so maybe it's something like that.

Maybe it's a new version of VMK or something like it? They have a new tv channel coming out, but that is next month not March.

Hmmm....
    (yes, I'm seriously over thinking this!)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is scheduled to be rereleased on DVD on 3/10. So is Pinocchio and Return from Witch Mountain. And Race to Witch Mountains opens in theaters on March 13, so maybe there is something related to Witch Mountain?

ETA: This blog has some interesting guesses and the author seems to be in the know or pretends he is in the know...

Blue Sky Disney: Counting Down...
    Last edited by Stitch; 01-07-2009 at 04:16 PM.

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Do you think it has anything to do with Adventures by Disney? I remember hearing they were releasing 23 new itineraries this year.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    It should be interesting to know. I am thinking it may be movie related also. I wish it were something like giving ME 23 free trips. Or a trip for my family with 23 friends! I know there might be a few who would want to go!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Good marketing ploy. It has us all talking about ??????? I'm celebrating my 23 anniverary of my 37th birthday. I figured that should count.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    I was thinking about this yesterday and have two guesses.

One of which is along the lines of what you're celebrating Mini-V; something that has to do with the number 23. My first theory is that this will be tied to the What Will You Celebrate? promotion. The question is, "Are you 23?" Disney's response to those who are actually 23 could be to offer them free admission on their birthday (nothing new). For those who aren't, the response could be, "No, you aren't 23. But you probably are celebrating the 23rd something of your life. If everybody thinks hard enough, they could find something to celebrate related to 23- 23 years old, 23 days away from graduating, celebrating 23 years of marriage, 23 weeks sober, etc. Maybe they'll tie it in that way. Just an add on marketing peice for the WWYC campaign.

My other theory is related to Star Tours. Star Tours (at Disneyland) opened in January 1987 (soft opening Dec. 1986). Perhaps this will be a big announcement related to a major refurb of Star Tours at the parks premiering in 2010- the 23rd anniversary of Star Tours' opening. In a Star Wars Insider magazine from a few months ago, there was about a 10 page article discussing the initial development of the ride. Being a big Star Wars fan too, I'm quite familiar with Lucasfilm's propensity for hyping things. Maybe they've convinced Disney that they need to make a big deal out of the announcement. I could see this happening, but the problem is that it's not directly tied to the "Are you 23?" question unless, the answer to everyone is something along the lines of, "You may not be 23, but in 2010, Star Tours will be. And to celebrate this, we're announcing....."

Just my thoughts- probably way off the mark- only insiders know...
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    Could it have something to do with the American Idol attraction?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm thinking it's gonna be a release of something. If you look at the URL it has the word "preview" in it.

Oh and as a note, you'll notice it's not one of the WDW location URLs which start with disneyworld.disney.go.com so I tend not to think it's going to be park/attraction/ride related.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    Could it have something to do with the American Idol attraction?
    I don't think so because it's due to open a bit sooner than that.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I really think it's DVD or video game related. I read online that someone said it might be a 23 disc bluray box set of movies.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I would tend to agree April. The fact that the URL is not on the disneyworld.disney.go.com subdomain and just on the disney domain tells me it's not park related but a release of something.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I would tend to agree April. The fact that the URL is not on the disneyworld.disney.go.com subdomain and just on the disney domain tells me it's not park related but a release of something.
    And the fact that 3/10 is a Tuesday... that is what is telling me it's not park related.

All I know whatever it is, it better be good!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast