Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Soarin' Over CA (Epcot) in the News & Rumors forums; As for wait times, expect the worst... really. DCA's Soarin' can get a 2-3 hr wait without trying. Expect FP's to be gone very quick in the day. Also they ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    As for wait times, expect the worst... really. DCA's Soarin' can get a 2-3 hr wait without trying. Expect FP's to be gone very quick in the day. Also they do have a singles line. DO NOT use the singles line. I am not kidding about this folks, rarely will the singles line be shorter. On average the DCA Soarin' uses only 1-2 singles per show, so maybe 15-20 per hour if you are lucky. They have tested the singles line here at Epcot and it was over a 3 hour wait! Singles has not been open since that day. No word if they are planning on opening it back up.

Also if you are in an ECV, try to transfer to a wheelchair before entering the line / The Land Building. All ECV's must go in row 3 (lowest row) due to the tight turns in the que.

Hope that helps some of you in planning.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Also they do have a singles line. DO NOT use the singles line. I am not kidding about this folks, rarely will the singles line be shorter. On average the DCA Soarin' uses only 1-2 singles per show, so maybe 15-20 per hour if you are lucky. They have tested the singles line here at Epcot and it was over a 3 hour wait! Singles has not been open since that day. No word if they are planning on opening it back up

Yikes! Thanks for the warning. That had been in my plans...back to the drawing boards!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    yea, good to know..i will try and get there first thing, if not to go right on at least to try and grab a fast pass.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Soarin' can get a 2-3 hr wait without trying.
    Now I know why people buy portable dvd players... I need to find my Disney explorer cd and watch it in that crazy line... and buy a portable dvd player while I'm at it.

Not a bad idea there!

MinnieSummer is offline A-Ticket holder
    We were at Epcot the Saturday before Mother's day at about 10:00 and only had a 15 minute wait. The ride is incredible. I would probably stand in line for an hour to see it again. Longer than that and my 6 year old gets a little crazy. As for the film, I think it would be wonderful if the did the National Monuments or Wonders of the World. You know, Mount Rushmore, Old Faithful etc, or The Pyramids, The Great Wall of China, etc., that sort of thing. Of course, in either thay would have to include WDW since, after all it is a monument and a wonder of the world.

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the tips Jason!!!

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The shortest line that I noticed was about an hour long. I will check again in the morning when we get into Epcot.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnieSummer
    We were at Epcot the Saturday before Mother's day at about 10:00 and only had a 15 minute wait. The ride is incredible. I would probably stand in line for an hour to see it again. Longer than that and my 6 year old gets a little crazy. As for the film, I think it would be wonderful if the did the National Monuments or Wonders of the World. You know, Mount Rushmore, Old Faithful etc, or The Pyramids, The Great Wall of China, etc., that sort of thing. Of course, in either thay would have to include WDW since, after all it is a monument and a wonder of the world.

I would be totally impressed if they'd incorporate their parks in their ride vids (it'd be a first.. no wait, didn't if you had wings have MK footage in it?).

WELCOME MINNIESUMMER!

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder

Soarin over the world

What i heard was that they a currently shooting images from all over the world to make a new video for the ride. hence Why they call it soarin, not soarin over cali, as at DCA. it should be a few years however until they change it.

mjs1902 is offline A-Ticket holder

Cast member - Florida

When we were there in December we overheard a cast member conversation that a replacement film was in production with Florida the destination. She thought that the change could take place in 2006. Also, in December we had a thirty minute wait, but last June we FastPassed Soarin' and had a 15 minute wait when the regular line was 45 - 60 minutes.
    DVC Member SSRS 2003

Last Visit: December 15-18 2005 SSRS First Christmas Time Visit

Next Visit: June 4-10 2006 SSRS Kids HS Graduation Trip

We Love SSRS !!!!

It has been rumored since Soarin' was first being built in Epcot. Nothing has been announced yet.

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My family and I got instant fastpasses for it, and it only cost us some thousand dollars!

(We bought more vacation club points when down there, gave us each a 2-use-each instant fastpass)

anyway, why cant they have multiple destinations? mabe have one theature showing one trip, and the other showing a different one? or have bolth theatures showing different trips on the time of day (will certainly draw the guests to stay in the park all day, so see the different showings)
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

Quote Originally Posted by robo85045
    anyway, why cant they have multiple destinations? mabe have one theature showing one trip, and the other showing a different one? or have bolth theatures showing different trips on the time of day (will certainly draw the guests to stay in the park all day, so see the different showings)

It already draws record crowds, no need for any additional destinations yet.

tkdlouie is offline A-Ticket holder
    i have know idea but i think it would pretty cool if they did an "ALL ACROSS AMERICA" themed movie for Soarin'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast