Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Soarin' Over CA (Epcot) in the News & Rumors forums; I have heard rumors that after the 50th celebration Epcot may change the video for Soarin'. Does anyone know anything about this?...
    cinderella_girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Disneyland (mentally), Pacific Northwest (physically)

Question Soarin' Over CA (Epcot)

I have heard rumors that after the 50th celebration Epcot may change the video for Soarin'. Does anyone know anything about this?
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'January 07, 2006 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to 2006 WDW 1/2 marathon!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Running 13.1 mi w/ Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    It has been rumored that they will change the ride video to FL or all over America. I haven't anything more about it though.
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    If you want a sneak preview of what is to come, check out this site:

www.visionsfantastic.com

RU has done some videos on there, and one of them is a video of Soarin'!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    No plans to change Soarin' at this time. But remember it is just called Soarin' (at Epcot) because your destination currently is California, you never know where tomorrow's flight may go.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    If you want a sneak preview of what is to come, check out this site:

www.visionsfantastic.com

RU has done some videos on there, and one of them is a video of Soarin'!
    WOW! What a site!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Goofygurl2004 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Id like 2 know

I'm goin on Monday, so are the changes goin 2 be happenin soon or in May???

I'm about 2 be there!!
    i love Disney yes i do
    I love Disney WOrld
    How about you

Disney World-- Where everything is Magical!

Almost there[br]

<CENTER>Goin to WDW

Goin to WDW[br]</CENTER>

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    They should show places all over Disney. Like flying over the castle or on top of the Epcot ball. I think that would be awesome!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by Belle1313
    They should show places all over Disney. Like flying over the castle or on top of the Epcot ball. I think that would be awesome!
    That would be very cool.

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That site was great. It would make a lot more sense to do Soarin' over Florida at Epcot.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    They must be saving money by doing soarin' over CA than over FL. But this ride can be copied for almost every theme park and be different in each one. I would love to do soarin over Japan or Paris.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I remember being extremely disappointed back in the day when mission to mars blasted off right? Well... where was the Epcot golfball?! Or anything Disney on the lower screen?! That was a jab in my adolescent kidney! C'mon now imagineers, details...

Man if Soarin' goes over the golfball or Cindy's crib, they'll have to stop the ride because I will pee my pants! -Tampa

ryley44 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Have to admit soar'in over WDW would be great but I rode it at DL and this ride is phenomonal. We loved and waited 30 min at end of day to ride it again.

TinkerbellRocks is offline A-Ticket holder
    I can't wait to ride it when I go in July...
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 18, 2005 5:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>Countdown to My 7th Magical Journey to WDW</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Hangin w/ the WDW crew!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i think it was said in other posts, but how long did everyone have to wait in line for soarin? is the fastpass the way to go for this ride or is there a "less" crowded time to check it out..any info would be great, since i will be there next week!!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Hey everyone, now it's just a rumor, but somewhat accurate you could say. Somewhere around 2007 (whose evers anniversary it will be) There are plans to update the film to go all around the world thusley the name soarin and not soarin over america.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast