Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney's America in the News & Rumors forums; Is there any possibility Disney is still thinking about building Disney's America in VA or CA? I would love to see them purchase some of the Busch Gardens Williamsburg property ...
    glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney's America

Is there any possibility Disney is still thinking about building Disney's America in VA or CA?

I would love to see them purchase some of the Busch Gardens Williamsburg property (not sure how much there is) regardless of if they would try to rehab, re-tool the existing Anheuser-Busch park. I love that park, but it has declined in later years from its former glory.

I can't see Disney starting Disney's America soon with revenues down, but does anyone know anything new about that dream? Is it still alive?

Found this wonderful blog about Disney's America with WONDERFUL park sketches. Check it out...

Disney and more: The Disney's America theme park project - UPDATED 27/3 with new high-res scans
    -Mark,
    Fine Art Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Vacation Photo to Canvas Prints
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    Moving in the 20th century, a replica of Ellis Island building where many immigrants came through, guests would have live the "immigrant experience" through music, ethnic foods and a great live show presentation.

Finally, in Family Farm, WDI imagineers would have recreate an authentic farm where guests could have the opportunity to see different types of farm industries related to food production in addition to some hands-on experiences like milking cows and learning what homemade ice cream tastes like.

It all sounds so...educational...

WOOOooooo...
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I think Disneys America was a Micheal Eisner dream, and he eventually killed the idea, but as they say, no idea is ever dead at WDI.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yeah some of it (Paradise Pier and Condor Flats) went into DCA.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    I don't believe Disney will ahve the resources for expansion over the next several years and will look to consolidate what they currently run. It would be nice to have a park 4 hours away in southeastern Virginia, but I don't see any of the theme park companies having the resources to try such a venture.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I think the current economic conditions will improve by summer and things will start getting better. Disney NEEDS to restructure, especially in upper level management, so this is not a bad thing, but if they would open or refurb another comapnies park, it would be great for all of us.

Making or taking over a VA park, a IL park or a Texas park, would make Disney more accessible to many who cannot otherwise get to them. Even if it is a completely different thing then WDW, it would still be Diseny and would incorporate Disney-a win win for everyone.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

I keep hearing how Disney's park revenue is down 24%, but when I was there in January in 30-50 degree weather it was jam packed (in January??!!!???) People crammed in Main Street USA gift shops lined up at the counters for an hour after Wishes. Fastpasses all gone at Hollywood Studios, etc. All I can say is the 3 day free promotion must have kicked in. Wish it meant enough resources to build another park.

I don't think Disney would try to rehab Busch Gardens Williamsburg because brand is everything to Disney and tha park is more of a thrill ride park even though it is nicely themed. I suppose Disney's America does seem far fetched at this point, but I too would love another park (or Disney anything) much closer than California or Florida. My understanding from Keys to the Kingdom tour is that VA had been another east cost location Disney considered for Disney World, but it was beat out by FL with the beaches, expanding highway system, tourists coming to see the space race in progress, etc. So who knows, maybe VA is still on the table for a future project. Apparently Disney was looking at VA for DIsney's America in part to the existing tourist crowd from DC. Walt wanted to build Epoct under a giant bubble. Now that would be amazing to have a Disney park in the Midwest even under an environment controlled bubble(s).

We'd love anything bigger than a mall Disney Store! Maybe Disney could build something, smaller, expandable, more accessible, more affordable for a mini vacation.
    -Mark,
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by glistensound2 View Post
    Is there any possibility Disney is still thinking about building Disney's America in VA or CA?
    no chance
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Shucks

Well, too bad Disney can't get in on these megahotels with waterparks inside of them.

I know Walt wanted to build Epcot under a dome, grossly expensive if not near impossible. Even out here in the Midwest we have these mega hotels with waterparks in them. Similar concept, much smaller scale.

If Disney built a couple of mega hotels and put a mini-park with a few themed attractions, shows, gift shops and restaurants I'd go! Such a huge part of the expense is the travel to Orlando and having to take a whole week off.
    -Mark,
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by glistensound2 View Post
    If Disney built a couple of mega hotels and put a mini-park with a few themed attractions, shows, gift shops and restaurants I'd go! Such a huge part of the expense is the travel to Orlando and having to take a whole week off.

That would be more likely than a full blown park and certainly more likely than a WDW 5th gate

Once the economy improves of course
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am still holding out the (very slim) hope that one day Disney America will come to southwest Virginia. During the whole Disney America mess, there was talk that Disney was looking at land at/near the intersection of I-77 and I-81.

Reality is that there's too much winter weather in that part of the state, but it would be great to have a Disney park a little over an hour away.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    Reality is that there's too much winter weather in that part of the state
    Winter weather? Ha! you should see Ohio
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio