Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Indiana Jones closing soon? in the News & Rumors forums; Jim Hill wrote yesterday that Indiana Jones may be on it's last legs. With the opening of Lights, Motors, Action it may be time to bring Indiana Jones ride to ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Indiana Jones closing soon?

Jim Hill wrote yesterday that Indiana Jones may be on it's last legs. With the opening of Lights, Motors, Action it may be time to bring Indiana Jones ride to WDW. Time will tell.

Does "Motors" arrival mean that Indy's now on his way out?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I hope not because I have yet to see the stunt show. When I was at disney/MGM, cheerleaders were using the area. At the same time Indiana Jones ride sounds very interesting

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i'm sure i wouldn't be the only one to be upset if indy closed!! that is my bro's absolute fave thing to see at MGM...has anyone heard anything else about this? i was excited once i turned 18 a while ago to be able to raise my hand for audience participation, however i have yet to be picked! has anyone been a screamer or any of the other populace of cairo?
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I wouldn't want it to close but they could use a new script!!!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    I hope not because I have yet to see the stunt show. When I was at disney/MGM, cheerleaders were using the area. At the same time Indiana Jones ride sounds very interesting

I assume you were down there on Saturday, February 12? That's when the cheerleading competition was, and I was down there for it...sorta kinda.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    I assume you were down there on Saturday, February 12? That's when the cheerleading competition was, and I was down there for it...sorta kinda.
    The one I saw happened in march of last year, but it was saturday. It annoyed me a little because I don't like cheerleading.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I see...when we entered the Studios, there was a notice at the front that said "Due to technical difficulties, the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular will not be performed today." Well, that was complete and utter bull. We knew what was really going on!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I like Indy, but I think it is in need of an update. Although from what I have read about the new stunt show, there are some similariites, and I don't know if MGM would want to keep two "stunt" shows, but hey, it is an entertainment park, so who knows.....BTW I have seen the Indy show about 10 times and have yet to be chosen!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My husband will be devistated if it closes. He has been twice in the last 5 years and got picked both times for the show. He is loud and big. He is such a ham that many people stopped us the rest of the day because they thought he was a plant in the audience. They were shocked to actually see him walking around with his family.

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I like the indy show, but I do think it would be cool to have the ride from Disneyland. I'm torn because I don't think Disney should get rid of all the classic favorites like it has in Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Indy is a fun show and you learn things unlike a bumpy thrill ride. Still, I think the ide of actually being Indy in search of an ancient artifact would be a lot of fun.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    As much as I love the ride in DLCA, I hope they keep the stunt show in MGM. The last thing that I want is for all of the Disney parks to become carbon copies of each other.

...Otherwise, it'd be kind of pointless to visit all of the "different" Magic Kingdoms and other parks.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613
    i'm sure i wouldn't be the only one to be upset if indy closed!! that is my bro's absolute fave thing to see at MGM...has anyone heard anything else about this? i was excited once i turned 18 a while ago to be able to raise my hand for audience participation, however i have yet to be picked! has anyone been a screamer or any of the other populace of cairo?
    I wasn't actually a screamer they lady ask for a happy person in the audience and I just jump up and said me realy loud and she said to come on down. Needless to say it was really fun to do. I got to wear the cheese sheet on my head and everything. They also make you sign a wavier just in case you get hurt IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU GET KILL OR SOMETHING TO THAT GROSS MATTER THEIR NOT RESP. FOR YOU. Sound morbid I know (sorry I digress) I also wait unitl I was 19 to and I never got pick for any of the thing they had until last year when and I'm 33 now. I hope you don't have to wait as long as I did.

Here a tip that I hope might help you get picked. Try and sit in the front (this doesn't alway work) but try and just jump up an down and act like a total fool ( enough to grab their attetion not where you would scare them and say okay next person ) also I was pick for another audience particpation it was for the first part of the backlot studio tour the part were they show you how they film a water shot. Before you go in there is usually a cast member way at the bottom of the entrance directing you to get on line not the one at the way top the one at the entrance I just ask him how so they pick the people for the stunt he said at radom while you are waiting on line and then he ask if I wanted to do it and of course I said yes. This was the best accpet I was the one in the Cap chair were all the water gets dump on you. but non the less it was fun I hope this helps you get picked. I waiting on a new scanner it should arrive today and when it does I will posted pictures of both my audience particapations

jediprincess, thanx for the great tips!!! i will be jumping up and down like crazy next time...i can't wait to see your pix, i'm sure they're great....i might have to pass on the backlot tour though, can't mess up the hair i was going to try last time but i went with my friend and it was her first time and i had to try not to ruin it for her
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613
    jediprincess, thanx for the great tips!!! i will be jumping up and down like crazy next time...i can't wait to see your pix, i'm sure they're great....i might have to pass on the backlot tour though, can't mess up the hair i was going to try last time but i went with my friend and it was her first time and i had to try not to ruin it for her
    Not problem anytime. My stupid scanner still haven't arrive yet I'm so mad I've been waiting a week and UPS keeps missing us so I'm trying to square things up now to see if I can get it by the next two days. As soon as I get it the first thing I'm going to post are the pictures trust me they are good and yes you can laugh at me beacuse I laugh at them all the time myself. If you ever need any other tips I will be more then glad to give you any I know and also ask everybody else on the site there really good at give some great tips as wellOh yeah my daughters both of them got pick for the Festival of the Lion King ( they wanted you to know that I forgot) it was there first time ever going to WDW last May and they got pick it took me to turn 30 for me to get pick and I've been a zillion times more then them what's up with that. I wonder if they have connections HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Got snoop around the house and find out now ( i know bad mommy but I have to know)
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 04-05-2005 at 01:25 PM.

awh, that must have been very exciting for your girls to get picked! i have passed your tips on to my brother since indy is his fave and he's now over 18...we used to play indy stunt show in the hotel room(not an easy feat) and would pretend to run from the giant boulder down the halls of Y&B club...needless to say it might look strange if at 23(me) and 19(him) we still did that, so we'll have to try for the real thing
    Erica

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast