Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Energy & Backlot Tour in the News & Rumors forums; Anyone privy to information about what they are doing to the Energy Pavillion and Backlot Tour during March? They are both closed for nearly the entire month so I'm curious ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Energy & Backlot Tour

Anyone privy to information about what they are doing to the Energy Pavillion and Backlot Tour during March? They are both closed for nearly the entire month so I'm curious what information may be out there that's reputable. We'll be arriving on March 29th, after they both re-open, so sort of want to know what to look for or expect.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Universe of Energy has been closed for a while. It wasn't open when we were there in January which was a bummer because it's one of our favorite, do-it-everytime attractions. Guess we'll have to wait until October to see what's new about it.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    ºoº * ~ ** ~ * ºoº

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    neither attraction is popular and both are expensive to run. Some sources feel nothing is being done but this is a merely a deceptive way of keeping down costs in slow times
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    I have heard that Ellen is getting a new track system, which isn't a cheap thing, but the attraction itself shouldn't change. Don't know if its true.

The backlot tour trams are supposed to be getting a new recorded announcement system like was done for Living With The Land.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Ah so backlot will no longer have a human ride-along announcer eh? Well, with how short the backlot is now that they took out the houses (my favorite part) it's not a huge loss I guess.

I'm curious what's up with Energy. I don't think that closing it for less than a month is truly a "cost saving" measure. It'd seem if that were the case they'd make it seasonal like they've done with so many other attractions.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    As far as Energy goes, I was there a few months ago (early January I believe) and it was closed then. Its going down for a pretty lengthy refurb, but while we were over on that side of the park we walked over to Energy to see if we could see anything. Nothing looked amiss at all from the outside. No signs of construction or walls blocking it off or anything, just a little sign that the UOE was currently closed. :/

I'll be going back to Epcot later this month and will have to check up on it again.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

We'll be there on the 30th I think and according to the site it'll be open so we'll see.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    ya know, i like UoE and all, and i always go to watch it. but i think they could do so much more with the pavilion, especially in todays enery-conscious society. i say we keep the Ellen (and the Bill, because i miss seeing him in my science classes), but explore other possiblities with it.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really enjoy UOE. The audio-animatronic dinosaurs, the humor of Ellen and Bill (they have a great chemistry here), and the different ride elements. I hope that all they do is update the track, etc. I don't want it to end up like Horizons or the Wonders of Life pavilion (which is a TRAGEDY). Just my thoughts
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I heard the UOE was a refurb, but I like the conspiracy theory that nothing is happening and this is a way to save cash! I could see that happening...
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

SparklinDiamond is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Energy & Backlot Tour

I hope they are bringing all the houses back to the Backlot tour, it truely was the best part!
    MUSTARD! Let's not be silly!
    Nemo's gunna touch the BUTT!IMAAAAAGINAAAATION!
    A silly spook will sit by your side!
    T.T.F.N: Ta Ta For Now!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Just got back from a trip this past weekend. We did UoE on Friday, and everything seemed to be in working order. I was actually surprised by the number of people that were on it. The attraction is usually empty, but it was full when we went.

One thing that I thought was disappointing was how many times the cast member warned the guests that the show was 37 minutes long after the intro movie. The cast member reminded us of that fact four times before boarding. I know that they should let people know that in case they have children that can't sit through the presentation, but it really felt as if he was apologizing for the attraction.

I think UoE is one of those attractions that still captures the magic of the original Epcot Center, so I'm disappointed that Disney feels that they need to apologize for it at this point.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(

i noticed that they warned guests of the length of the ride more than usual when we went in aug as well but then again i can see where they might because i was on the ride and all of the sudden lights came on and a cast member came out because they had to abort the ride because people actually got out of the ride vehicle and walked to an exit so this may have happened more then once therfore the extra warning or could be a coincidence... just a thought
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wow! i can't believe that people would get off the ride!! And that is a shame that the cast members almost appologize for the attraction. It's a great ride and pretty educational and funny!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

lollerstace is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's#1Fan View Post
    i noticed that they warned guests of the length of the ride more than usual when we went in aug as well but then again i can see where they might because i was on the ride and all of the sudden lights came on and a cast member came out because they had to abort the ride because people actually got out of the ride vehicle and walked to an exit so this may have happened more then once therfore the extra warning or could be a coincidence... just a thought
    this happened to me in july, right as the lights started to go off a dad and his boy got up, ruined the attraction for the rest of us (this was the third time i'd tried to go on it on my trip and had something stop me) so i think it makes sense that they warn you a lot, bc even with several warnings people ignore it and ruined it for everyone anyways.
    a dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast