Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Reaction to Are you 23, D23 club? in the News & Rumors forums; I too was expecting something along the lines of $100+, but the way I see it, the WDCC is $50/year and you pretty much get that for the right to ...
    harra is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Reaction to Are you 23, D23 club?

I too was expecting something along the lines of $100+, but the way I see it, the WDCC is $50/year and you pretty much get that for the right to buy expensive collectible figurines.

I kept putting off buying a WDCC membership and ended up missing out on buying a collectible that my wife really really wanted and now we cannot get it.

So, I didn't want to miss out on future possibilities.

Also, I heard it was mentioned in the D23 Press Conference Call that all the details of the perks and offerings for D23 hasn't been divulged yet. So, I'm sure more is to come
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

I'm going to be closely following the news about the member viewing of UP. I love Pixar and that really could be fun!

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

We're v disappointed here in the UK as we're going to get charged extra for the International shipping...perhaps it would have been nice for Disney to consider how many UK fans exist and set up a UK dept to deal with our membership??
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

jester is offline A-Ticket holder

I am with you on that one, shipping to the UK will really increase the cost`of membership as a mattter of interest just checked on releases from WDCC for this year seem to be reduced hope all the WDCC figures dont just come from D23 now, tried to pre order the Walt and oswald figure no international shipping.
    WDW and Walt Disney podcasts and fan sites gets so many visitors from the Uk,as Lou will vouch for, thought some provisions could be made,
    OH Well

Mrs Potts is offline D-Ticket Holder

Unable to do the membership at this time, but did purchase the magazine at local Disney Store. I, too, am having a hard time justifying $75, but reading the posts from STITCH have me reconsidering. Knowing I'm going to buy the magazine, might as well get the "perks" for the extra $10.
    Disney Dreamin'

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyqwn1 View Post
    Just got the email. I knew this was what it was already but just got the confirmation now. For me it is not worth it. To me it sounds more of a Disney California club than an all of Disney club. If the magazine is availble to purchase at my local bookstore I might pick it up but all the other items that are included just do not spark my interest.
    That's what I'm thinking/feeling. As as much as I love the DLR, it's easier and more likely for me to get to the WDW resort on the regular basis than the DLR. I would have to hope they would alternate the expo locations between the two American locations, but it seems they are all going to be in CA for now? Um, they already have Club 33 only there.

I'll have to think about this.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

UncleKyle is offline A-Ticket holder

I would join but it's hard to convince the wife to let me fork over $75 bucks. She loves Disney but with our DVC membership and me trying to convince her to go every year, I need to store up all the favors I can. :-)

UKDisneyAddict is offline A-Ticket holder

My heart needs to join the club, but my head is struggling to accept that it's worth the postage costs. I will wait to see what the gift it to see if I can justify the price.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I am qute confident in suggesting the Celebrations mag will be superior to Disney's which will likely be mostly advertising Disney stuff
    Mouse Extra
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

4 magazines and a "chance" to buy expensive collectibles for $75 a year? I thought there was a recession going on. I guess people have more disposable income than I imagined. That doesn't seem like a good deal to me.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 03-11-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Disneyfan80 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Minnesota 1,604.97 miles farther then I want to be!

I know alot of people can afford 75 dollars a year but I can't as sad as that may sound,maybe I will ask for it for a birthday present. It does sound like something I really want if I could just come up with extra cash.
    When hinges creak, in doorless chambers. And strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present. Practicing their terror, with ghoulish delight!

Welcome! Foolish Mortals, to the Haunted Mansion, I am your host, your ghost host.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

I was willing to take a chance and join on the first day. I am excited to see what other events they will have, and I really hope there are some in Florida too! I am usually not dissapointed in most things that Disney does, so I am hoping that D23 will be great!

Jabbawockee is offline A-Ticket holder

I would join but I have a bad feeling that I would end up reading exclusive stories about Hannah Montana and High School Musical. If they establish a club for all things Disney Parks, then I'm in.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

Here's the benefit of something like D23. For those of you who don't want to join because you feel the $75 is too steep, the magazines are too pricey, it's just a gimmick to buy more exclusive Disney stuff, pick your gripe about this -- that's fine.

D23 is an OPTION. You are not forced to join. I, for one, will continue to report on Disney and give my own thoughts about the Mouse, until someone asks me to stop (which I hope never happens).

I had many of the same concerns, but decided to give D23 a one-year shot. If, this time next year, I don't feel D23 is worth it, I won't renew (and you have to renew each year -- it's not automatic).

Having said that, I don't think I'm forking over $850 for a pen (not unless it was Walt's actual pen that he held in his hand!). I will probably get a charter member pin. I do wish the certificate frame wasn't so expensive (about $85) -- it is nice with all the hidden mickeys.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

harra is offline Fastpass Holder

clion,

Nice summation. I personally hope it succeeds.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast