Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Reaction to Are you 23, D23 club? in the News & Rumors forums; This D23 business reminds me of the way they used to push animation cels. Many people were under the impression they were an "investment" when most were just recently made ...
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Reaction to Are you 23, D23 club?

This D23 business reminds me of the way they used to push animation cels. Many people were under the impression they were an "investment" when most were just recently made reproductions. It's not a perfect parallel but it feels the same to me.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    the snob appeal of the product turned me off completely.
    This is the perfect way to sum up my main problem with this "club."
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I can see how it isn't right for some people, but it is right for people who do collect lithos, have room for magazine, and enjoy the pins, etc.

I think there is a bit of a "snob appeal", but I seem to think that that is just Disney pointing out that this club is for more serious disney fans, (not that you aren't one if you aren't in it) but they wanted to give sentimental value as well as let the people know this is more the speed of disney world, etc. fans, not so much the 9 year old girls who love hannah montana.

I don't know. I guess there are some people that the club is right for, some it isn't, we'll see how it develops, and you can still be a disney fan, even if you don't join d23.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

ms_minnie is offline A-Ticket holder

I joined D23, but am not sure I will really reap the benefits of it. I actually haven't even read the magazine yet. One thing's for sure, I love the lithogram - but was it worth $75? Probably not...but that plus the years' worth of magazines might be. We'll see.

Disney Bride to the Wonderful Soarin' Puddy

HeatherR is offline B-Ticket Holder

I would like to join D23,actually I can't believe I haven't done it yet, the only thing holding me back is the $75. I would like to have the lithogram though. For how many months do you get the magazine? I guess I need to check into it more.
    Heather

"Dreams Really Do Come True"

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
    I would like to join D23,actually I can't believe I haven't done it yet, the only thing holding me back is the $75. I would like to have the lithogram though. For how many months do you get the magazine? I guess I need to check into it more.
    It is a year subscription for a quarterly magazine, so you get 4 issues.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HeatherR is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks doconeill! If it is a "club" and after you get the four issues, is that it?? Wonder if D23 will follow that up with something else???? Is there any perks on anything else?
    Heather

"Dreams Really Do Come True"

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
    Thanks doconeill! If it is a "club" and after you get the four issues, is that it?? Wonder if D23 will follow that up with something else???? Is there any perks on anything else?
    They haven't really said everything that D23 members will get yet...check out the official web site for more details.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    They weren't bashing it (although I would) the OP simply stated they weren't interested in them. Neither am I because my teen years are long behind me.

EDIT: Actually, I would have hated both when I was a teen; neither are very metal.
    You wouldn't dare to bash them. It would be hazardous to your health if you did.

And just because you're not a teen does not mean that you have to hate something, if you catch my drift.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

Margos is offline B-Ticket Holder

As awesome as D23 seems, I really don't have the funds or the time to attend special events, etc. So I didn't bother joining. However, I am a total "twenty-three" addict, and I've purchased both issues out so far, and intend to purchase all upcoming ones as well. The magazine was the primary draw for me, and I'd rather spend $60 spread out in four installments than $75 up front for one year.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by jennygt View Post
    So what do you think of the D23 club? For me it is underwhelming to say the least, I will go get the magazine at B&N, but the club I don't think so, unless I have a burning desire to buy a $850.00 pen!
    I am not a fan. Underwhelming is a good way to describe it.
    Tim

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Is the 850.00 Pen thing still going around? Wow. Ok, one more time, You DON'T have to be a member to buy the pen...
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456