Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss D23 Special Gift in the News & Rumors forums; Ok, so I've been debating with my credit card on if I should join D23. I love the magazine, but won't make it to the expo for sure this year. ...
    Namu is offline A-Ticket holder

Arrow D23 Special Gift

Ok, so I've been debating with my credit card on if I should join D23. I love the magazine, but won't make it to the expo for sure this year. Just having that card seems like a wonderful thing, as its hard plastic and not paper. I think what it's going to come down to is that special gift. I certainly don't want a free pin when I can just buy one. Does anyone have any information as to what the free gift is?

Thanks for the opinions,
    Namu
    In the big sea of life dude, treat everyone like an oyster. cuz you never know when you might find a pearl- Crush the Turtle

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: D23 Special Gift

No, but I did get an email that my membership package has shipped, so hopefully in a few days....

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Namu View Post
    I certainly don't want a free pin when I can just buy one. Does anyone have any information as to what the free gift is?

Thanks for the opinions,
    Namu
    You can't buy any of the D23 pins without the membership. Hopefully people will start to get their kits in the next few days and we can find out what the gift is.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

Are we even sure that our free gift is coming with our membership kit? Or maybe they are shipping it later?

Mrs Potts is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    You can't buy any of the D23 pins without the membership. Hopefully people will start to get their kits in the next few days and we can find out what the gift is.

Are there any D23 members upset about the "membership only" items showing up on ebay? I saw two of the airplane pins and one sold for almost $80. (Could have joined club for less and received far more!)
    Disney Dreamin'

harra is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Potts View Post
    Are there any D23 members upset about the "membership only" items showing up on ebay? I saw two of the airplane pins and one sold for almost $80. (Could have joined club for less and received far more!)
    In this day and age it should be expected to see items such as this show up on E-Bay. I remember back when the PlayStation 2 launched that people were camping out just to buy a unit to sell on E-Bay. Remember, despite the economic downturn we still live in a society that believes in making money. There are people who will pay more than rack rate for stuff.

I know someone who had some extra D23 pins that only those people who went to the stockholders meeting could get. So they put one up on e-bay and got $100 for it.

It's the world we live in now. Does it bother me...yes. Is there anything we can do about it....no.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

harra is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by pigletfan View Post
    Are we even sure that our free gift is coming with our membership kit? Or maybe they are shipping it later?
    I cannot remember where I read it, but it was clearly stated that the membership kit was going to be sent out in parts in order to expedite delivery. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the collectible gift is not sent with the rest of the membership kit.

Thanks to a member of this forum we already know that the hard plastic membership card is coming before everything else.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder

I can't wait to hear what it will be - maybe it will convince me to join
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

A cardboard pre-welcome message along with your membership card will ship 10-12 days after order. The certificate, the first issue, and your welcome letter will ship together, and the special walt disney archives gift separately in in 1-2 weeks
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

From what I've been hearing, the gift is likely a litho. Both Disney stores I visited said it was 99.99% sure it wasn't a pin, which we've already thought. Again, if it is a litho...I'm not sure if i'm gonna join. I think what would convince me to pull out the credit card would be something individually numbered, or something that could be varied in some way. It's not really a "special" gift if x000 people all get the same thing. "You are unique...just like everyone else".
    In the big sea of life dude, treat everyone like an oyster. cuz you never know when you might find a pearl- Crush the Turtle

I mean "I am 23". Everyone who basically looks at the site and is a Disney fan is 23. Why would I join just to prove myself? I've already gotten, and am holding in my hand right now, a D23 pin. I am not a member. I got this from the Disney Movie Reward program. So I'm interested to see what else is rolling out. Right now, especially if its just a litho, I'm not sold on the membership. But I love the idea.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

I got my membership packet today. No special gift yet (wasn't expecting it this soon). Packet included Disney Twenty-Three magazine, D23 sticker (for your car maybe?) and the certficate.

Also included is a letter from Bob Iger that states the "exclusive charter year gift will follow shortly."
    Last edited by clion; 03-20-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder

And today I got my membership card and gift but not magazine yet.

And here it is after spoiler space in case some people don't want to see it till they get theirs

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

And a note with it that said, amongst other info

"to celebrate Mickey's 80th anniversary on November 18, 2008....the Walt Disney Archives conducted a portrait contest among the Company's talented artists awarding the honor to Art Director Paul Felix. His original portrait entitled "Putting a Smile on the World" is a 24 x 36 inch oil on canvas."

This lithograph measures 20 x 30 inches and it printed on archival 65# cougar natural cover stock.

So...there you have it

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

ooooooooooooooo........ nice I got my certificate, magazine, and welcome letter, still waiting for that gift, but i do wish it was.... never mind, giving too much away there.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

I got everything (including the membership card) today. I just noticed that the corners of my magazine are bent. I thought they were fine when I first got it. I just must have been too excited that I got it. Is anyone else's corners bent or damaged? I can't wait to get the gift!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast