Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Possible Little Mermaid Attraction Coming to WDW? in the News & Rumors forums; There's still plenty of space without having to move or eliminate Pooh's Playful Spot - especially behind Ariel's grotto....
    clion is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Possible Little Mermaid Attraction Coming to WDW?

There's still plenty of space without having to move or eliminate Pooh's Playful Spot - especially behind Ariel's grotto.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    The new entrance to DCA should be pretty sweet
    Not in my oppinion... oh gee why don't we just drop a spaceship earth in the middle of paradise pier.... and how about some other stuff from the magic kingdom, too! I mean, really it isn't supposed to be DHS Adventure, it's supposed to be Disney's California Adventure hence the
    C A L I F O R N I A, the golden gate bridge, and the beautiful mountain murals. I am sorry If I went off a little there, I just think this park doesn't get enough credit for what it is/could be. I think Disney parks need to stop all the borrowing and come up with more brand new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    drop it right next to Nemo, add a sea lion pool and voila, An Ocean land
    I thought that was what the living seas was supposed to be? or at least that's how I thought about it. I think that'd look kinda weird in the middle of the dense forests etc. of animal kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disnyfan83 View Post
    That was the original rumor for the use of the 20,000 leagues lagoon area, before they put up the playground. I doubt they will change that area now - believe it or not, that playground is really popular!
    I'm sure a brand new 20,000 leagues (or just submarine) ride with new technology and a little bit of old AAs would be very popular too, but I guess funding is a little low for that... I'd rather see that than a copy of the new ride going at DCA.... more people going to the MK, less people going to the new and "improved?" DCA...

My 2 cents~~
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    I thought that was what the living seas was supposed to be? or at least that's how I thought about it. I think that'd look kinda weird in the middle of the dense forests etc. of animal kingdom.
    They do have animals in the ocean

Plus, you can add a Loch Ness Cafe or sumthin'
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    Not in my oppinion... oh gee why don't we just drop a spaceship earth in the middle of paradise pier.... and how about some other stuff from the magic kingdom, too! I mean, really it isn't supposed to be DHS Adventure, it's supposed to be Disney's California Adventure hence the
    C A L I F O R N I A, the golden gate bridge, and the beautiful mountain murals. I am sorry If I went off a little there, I just think this park doesn't get enough credit for what it is/could be. I think Disney parks need to stop all the borrowing and come up with more brand new ideas.

Well more movies are made in Hollywood, CA than in Orlando, FL. The movie style entrance would fit better in California than in Florida. The big C A L I F O R N I A can still stay if that's what you're worried about

I would venture to guess that HOLLYWOOD studios would fit slightly better in California, even if it is in Anaheim. Not saying that they should get rid of DHS in Florida... Disneyland doesn't exactly have the "blessing of size" like Walt described.
    Last edited by WDW4Ever; 04-29-2009 at 12:20 AM.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

RBrooksC is offline A-Ticket holder

I see nothing wrong with putting the Little Mermaid dark ride in both parks. The MK needs a new ride and a dark ride relating to the feature that started the Disney animation Renaissance would be the perfect attraction for that.

Similar rides being put in California and Florida has been something Disney has done for years. When a concept is good, putting it in both areas is a no-brainer.

bellaDisneydncr is offline B-Ticket Holder

I would actually love to see this in WDW and wouldn't really care that there is one in DCA, too. I know a lot of people, like me, who visit WDW regularly don't ever get the opportunity to go out to California. If something amazing is added there- I probably won't get to see it. I think that's why they've been kind of making 2 of each of some rides- Most people who go to WDW never get to go to DL.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by bellaDisneydncr View Post
    I would actually love to see this in WDW and wouldn't really care that there is one in DCA, too. I know a lot of people, like me, who visit WDW regularly don't ever get the opportunity to go out to California. If something amazing is added there- I probably won't get to see it. I think that's why they've been kind of making 2 of each of some rides- Most people who go to WDW never get to go to DL.
    I understand what you're saying, but we can't have all the same rides in both parks. There has to be some exclusive E-ticket rides at each of the parks that makes you want to go to DLR. I think we should work on some new rides exclusive to each of the parks, it would be good marketing for disney, and a reason for the people who say "if you've seen one magic kingdom, you've seen all five", and also the ones who say "Why go to DisneyLAND, where you have 2 parks, when you can go to disney WORLD, where you have 4?" these kind of exclusive rides and experiences are what makes it worth visiting HKDL, TDL, DLR, and DLP, not just WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Well more movies are made in Hollywood, CA than in Orlando, FL. The movie style entrance would fit better in California than in Florida. The big C A L I F O R N I A can still stay if that's what you're worried about

I would venture to guess that HOLLYWOOD studios would fit slightly better in California, even if it is in Anaheim. Not saying that they should get rid of DHS in Florida... Disneyland doesn't exactly have the "blessing of size" like Walt described.
    That's why DCA has a Hollywood Pictures Backlot Section. But DCA was made to celebrate the entire California, not just Hollywood. I am sad this park is being re-done, but I don't think the new refurb will be completely bad... I just think there were hundreds of better things you could have done with the park to give it more of a disney feel without plastering Mickey's face on the Sun Wheel.
    Last edited by Disney2000; 05-24-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

maxg is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    They do have animals in the ocean

Plus, you can add a Loch Ness Cafe or sumthin'
    I like this idea. Certainly AK needs more rides/attractions and creating a mini DisneySea would be awesome. Check out Ariel's Grotto from Tokyo for something pretty cool.

I am however also a fan of the idea of it being unique to WDW. I don't want to ride the same attractions at all the parks...way to homogenize everything. Give DCA something...I don't know, California related and not necessarily from the films.
    Last edited by maxg; 05-26-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12