Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Would Disney buy Busch Entertainment? in the News & Rumors forums; A-B Inbev. has been reportedly planning to sell the 10 Busch Entertainment Parks for over a year, but it seems like talks are getting more serious. The company is looking ...
    Linnette Alissa is offline A-Ticket holder

Would Disney buy Busch Entertainment?

A-B Inbev. has been reportedly planning to sell the 10 Busch Entertainment Parks for over a year, but it seems like talks are getting more serious. The company is looking for ways to repay its short term debt from the $52 billion merger of Anheuser Busch and Belgium's InBev.
    Selling SeaWorld, Busch Gardens: Could InBev Do It If It Wanted To?
    Revenue falls at SeaWorld and other Anheuser-Busch InBev theme parks -- OrlandoSentinel.com

This article suggests that Disney could buy all 10 parks for less than the price of building a new park in Shanghai.
    Is InBev Getting Closer To Selling Busch Gardens?

I think the idea is pretty far fetched and if at all possible, a long way off given the state of the economy. I also didn't think I would ever cringe at the thought of more Disney parks, but 10 would make the Disney Resorts much less exclusive and sought.
    Opinions?

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Would Disney buy Busch Entertainment?

We had a thread on this earlier and the opinions were varied. I say they could purchase these parks because for the infrastructure would already be in place. It was either that old thread or the one about Disney building near Dollywood but the debate got a little heavy. I always enjoy these debates myself!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Linnette Alissa is offline A-Ticket holder

Oh. Oops haha I searched the forum and couldn't find the topic anywhere so I figured it hadn't been posted. Sorry for the repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Linnette Alissa View Post
    Oh. Oops haha I searched the forum and couldn't find the topic anywhere so I figured it hadn't been posted. Sorry for the repeat
    No big deal at all. The archives here at WDWRadio.com, previously known as Disneyworldtrivia.com, are pretty large and you can spend weeks reading through old posts. I know cause I did it! And besides I don't mind re-sharing my opinions on the matter at all! In my humble opinion, I think Disney would benefit greatly from buying the Virginia Busch Gardens and start working on Disney's America Park!
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Wow.... I'm not sure, I think disney could benefit from 1 more US park (maybe Disney's America so i could get an annual pass?) but I don't think that Disney is gonna build 10 more parks, especially not until the parks they have are all extremely successful (DCA, DSP) What other possibilities are there for those speces besides theme parks? any good ideas?
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Adding 10 more parks would be a huge undertaking to get it right. Not only from the financial aspects, but just the pure growth and maintaining the Disney quality would be difficult. I think it would take an Eisner - Wells type of team with ambition to pull it off. I know a lot of people like to attack Michael Eisner, but he sure knew how to run and grow a business.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

i say do it. its not like theyre building anything. its just buying it. and for less than a park in shanghai...
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

After reading the OP's post I have one thought: NO MORE FREE BEER AT BUSCH GARDENS!!! I hate globalization!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

I just don't think it would be Disney, and they would have to build because they wouldnt likely keep a single ride at any of those parks. Disney would have built rides like those long ago if they had any desire to do such a thing. Disney's about the story, u know?

Disney is about the story but you also have to look at the fact that these parks already have the infrastructure built. Power lines, parking lots buildings etc. I think Disney could sell off what ever rides they couldn't mold into their own attractions and be successful. Only problem is that I don't think they would want to buy Busch gardens-Tampa and compete with themselves in Florida. But the VA park would be an attractive purchase.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

The benefit of BG-Williamsburg is that it's like a smaller version of Epcot's World Showcase with some thrill rides mixed in. The problem is that there practically is NO story at BGW, aside from the whole concept of being in Europe (and Canada - "New France").

BGW tried, at one point, to put more back story in their rides like the Big Bad Wolf and the Loch Ness Monster, but it didn't work. Now some of those story elements are still there, but they're not really referenced. The newer rides essentially have no story at all, aside from "ride this and scream your head off."
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)