Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss "EPIC MICKEY" video game in the News & Rumors forums; The art work looks sweet I hope it will be on the PS3...
    Paulywdw is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: "EPIC MICKEY" video game

The art work looks sweet I hope it will be on the PS3

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Wow, I'm very impressed. Definitely interested in this game.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey View Post
    I agree, Disney would have to be completely insane to put out a game like this. It goes against everything Walt stood for.

The art work is well done, but no, this game should not be made.
    Thank you!! I can see maybe a wacky disney world or something with robot goofys all in good fun... but destroying landmarks from the most magical place on earth...landmarks that stand for all that is good in childhood and life... just not disney.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Any Idea when this is or if this is going to be released
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder

Here is an article updating this story

Destructoid - Game Informer hints at upcoming 'Epic Mickey' reveal

The game could be revealed soon. If you read the short write up it says that its quite possible Disney rejected the original artwork. The little the article does reveal about the plot, which is apparently Mickey "using paint to manipulate the world" does sound more "Disney-like".

From what I read though, the concept art created quite a bit of interest!

Holy lord. I'm going to start saving up my pennies and nickels.
    there's nothing to get hung about

dearapollo is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    Thank you!! I can see maybe a wacky disney world or something with robot goofys all in good fun... but destroying landmarks from the most magical place on earth...landmarks that stand for all that is good in childhood and life... just not disney.
    I'm really not trying to be rude at all seeing as this is my first post on the forums, but how old are you? Walt would have been perfectly fine with this idea. Have you ever seen Fantasia, or any other animation produced while Walt was alive? This game is also in the hands of one of the "walts" of the video game industry. So how about you guys relax and enjoy you know something different from the the world of Disney. You know if Walt didn't take a chance we wouldn't have Disneyland or any of the other parks.

jbgoldengun is offline A-Ticket holder

I agree with the poster above me. I'm only 15, but I know that Disney wasn't all the little-kid-friendly style they are now with everything. There were many dark and scary instenses in Walt's movies. I mean, just look at his first movie! The evil queen is killed 4 times. Well, technically, not literally. She was zapped by lightning, fell off a cliff, then crushed by a boulder. Than it's implied she gets picked apart by vultures. And Walt even had many WWII era cartoons that depicted Donald as a Nazi, but in a parodical manner. So this darker theme isn't something new for the Disney company. Seems like Kingdom Hearts was a bit of a test ground for Disney with the "darker" tone being re-introduced.
    Who would like Disney just as much as a cute girl? ME! Crazy, ain't i? Well, who cares. If you marry a cute girl and go to work at Disney World when you grow up, then everything is perfect for me.
    Future Disney Imagineer Architectural Designer! Boo Yah!
    Gonna Work There 'Til The Day I Join Haunted Mansion Ghosts and Make It 100 Happy Haunts

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and
    It's the WEDWay Peoplemover...... I Don't Care What You Say..... It Has Been And Always Will Be....

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by jbgoldengun View Post
    I agree with the poster above me. I'm only 15, but I know that Disney wasn't all the little-kid-friendly style they are now with everything. There were many dark and scary instenses in Walt's movies. I mean, just look at his first movie! The evil queen is killed 4 times. Well, technically, not literally. She was zapped by lightning, fell off a cliff, then crushed by a boulder. Than it's implied she gets picked apart by vultures. And Walt even had many WWII era cartoons that depicted Donald as a Nazi, but in a parodical manner. So this darker theme isn't something new for the Disney company. Seems like Kingdom Hearts was a bit of a test ground for Disney with the "darker" tone being re-introduced.
    Very well put!
    -Zac

VGL_Lynx is offline B-Ticket Holder

The title was confirmed today as a Wii exclusive.

Go here:

IGN: Epic Mickey Exclusive to Nintendo Wii

for more details. A better article is on GameSpot, but I can't find the link.

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by VGL_Lynx View Post
    The title was confirmed today as a Wii exclusive.

Go here:

IGN: Epic Mickey Exclusive to Nintendo Wii

for more details. A better article is on GameSpot, but I can't find the link.
    thanks

Am I the only person that thinks that that cover is amazing?

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Hmm... Now to revise my former post and make some corrections... I Agree that Disney definitely did/does have a darker side. I know that, I've seen Fantasia, Snow White, and even Bambi a little. However, my comments were made based on the idea that the game was:
    Quote Originally Posted by fanboy1217 View Post
    From what i have read, the plot will revolve around the older characters going after Mickey for becoming popular even though they were created first.
    Now that I do not think would be something a past or present disney company would do. In Snow white, yes the Queen "died" 4 times, but she was the villain. Now can you imagine 7 of the most famous princesses and disney characters chasing Mickey Mouse, up a cliff, and something like that happens to him? I know I can't. Disney had to create Donald, a character that was meant to be bad tempered, etc, because Mickey was such a role model and an influence at that time...This was what sparked my comment about Walt.

As for taking chances, yes you need to take chances in life. You never get anywhere if you are always sure of what you are doing. America wouldn't even be here if not for taking chances. There are, however some chances that can work, and some that can't, or would cause too many complications to result in success. I feel that this game would cause a lot of those complications... It might be a success, or it might not be. My reasoning is just that seeing things that represent so much to all of us being destroyed, I don't like that. I didn't even like watching the preview for the movie 2012... Maybe that's just me. However that's my opinion, part over assumption, part my opinion.

I do see where you are coming from with your comments, however, and respect them.
    Thanks for commenting... small disagreements can get you really thinking sometimes instead of just mindlessly posting on the forum like I do quite a bit sometimes at 1 in the morning

Thanks!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

dearapollo is offline A-Ticket holder

Some info

- Mickey's tools: paintbrushes, erasers, thinner, pencils and more
    - tools mapped to Wiimote movements
    - the game involves a world where forgotten Disney characters and rides disappear to
    - the characters cast off into this world become bitter and broken-down
    - Oswald the Rabbit runs this forgotten world
    - Oswald is jealous of Mickey's popularity, and wants revenge
    - The Phantom Blot is unleashed, and it's goal is to wipe out Mickey and the cartoon world
    - The Phantom Blot starts to take over Mickey's world, and Mickey aims to stop him
    - puzzle elements involved in saving the cartoon universe
    - adventure and exploration
    - Mickey will be getting a makeover that is quite retro-styled

The bolded part has me excited!

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

I hope the timekeepers playable

Wishful thinking!

wannabimagineer is offline B-Ticket Holder

This sounds like a really exciting game, has anyone seen a release date yet? I'm a little surprised that this will be a WII exclusive game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast