Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss DHS to have changes by 2011? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow I would like to see a Nemo water ride at the Studios. There is already a coaster there so lets see some variety. Now ...
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: DHS to have changes by 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow View Post
    I would like to see a Nemo water ride at the Studios. There is already a coaster there so lets see some variety.
    Now that's a great idea! We need a water ride at MGM. How about this: Hollywood is hit by a gigantic flood and the water ride could careen through the streets of Hollywood, passing famous landmarks, etc. Eventually, you escape to higher, dryer ground.
    Tim

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    I actually like Sounds Dangerous too. I've seen it more than once and I thought it was hilarious. However, it is a little outdated, so I'm excited to see what new attraction they put in its place.
    I'll be sad to see Sounds Dangerous go. It's easily the best place in WDW to take a nap! Seriously, if you take the headphones off it's just a dark room!

I do like the attraction, though. I kinda like Drew Carey, so I got a few laughs out of it.
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

SevenSeasLagoon is offline E-Ticket Holder

I miss the oiginal Backlot Tour with the TV houses and all that. I am still irritated that they changed it for LMA. We have only took the time to see that twice! It's just not our thing. We took the tour this July and really the only thing my girls enjoyed this time was Catastrophe Canyon and the AFI display!

I would love a Monsters Inc. attraction. The Monsters ride in California Adventure was great. A Monsters themed coaster would be wonderful.

Souldier is offline B-Ticket Holder

I really wish Disney would just STOP making attractions based on current movies, and make something TOTALLY original. I love Pixar, but please.
    Halloween has come and gone..

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

ADRIEN

Formerly known as Dznyfreak42

DisneyAnonymous is offline A-Ticket holder

Here is what they should do back in the corner in Pixar Place:
    1 Remove the Backlot Tour unfortuneately (including Lights,Motors,Action)
    2 Put a Monsters Inc. Coaster there or move the Laugh Floor.
    3 Take the Nemo Subs from Disneyland
    4 Open a Ratoutille restraraunt
    5 Have an interactive Wall-E
    6 Where the Chronicles of Narnia thing is use it to promote the next film.
    7 If you don't close LMA incorporate Cars in some way
    8 And for any movie that doesn't have an attraction you just have characters or you can expand outward.

I know none of this will happen but that would give Pixar its own area and stop taking space from other parks (ex. Finding Nemo the Musical replacing Tarzan, the Laugh Floor, and Buzz Lightyear)

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Let's do it! Tear down the backlot,tear down the backlot,tear down the backlot!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It doesn't sound so dangerous to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Boo-boo Bye bye!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Let's see.... there seems to be enough room back there for some improvements if they decide to tear everything down.

1. Monster's Inc. Coaster located as close to Ttoy story mania as possible. Use as little space as Possible.
    2. Expand Pixar Place into the Courtyard of The entrance to the backlot tour. Re-theme a bit, and have the entrance to the Moster's Inc. Coaster, a Wall-E Resturant, and an UP Balloon Ride sort of like "if you had Wings... dark ride-ish Audio Anamatronics Adventure. Leave one Building and space empty for future attractions.
    3. close up the end of the streets of america by bringing the building at the end of there to the corner of the building on the left in the space that is occupied by the turn around of the tram, creating another courtyard.
    4.New land leading from the streets of America Courtyard. Any Ideas?

I think this would greatly improve the Studios... create a whole new section of the park.... possibly which could include the flood ride that was mentioned. Tell me if this makes sense please... here's a visual.
    Last edited by Disney2000; 08-19-2009 at 10:49 PM.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

DisneyAnonymous is offline A-Ticket holder

That is a lot of room where Backlot Tour and LMA are

I had no idea that gives them tons of space to expand Pixar Place and maybe close the Pixar attractions in other parks.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Yep. The backlot tour was pretty cool some years ago when it still had the street and all, but it has waned in recent years. Kinda' like they don't exactly have a pat idea about what to do with it yet. I kinda' agree about so many attractions being tied to movies, but in the words of The Great Yogurt from Spaceballs... "Moychandising, moychandising, moychandising!" !
    Maybe they could keep/revise the canyon on the tour by building an attraction around the movie Cars and Radiator Springs? I don't know, just chumin' the waters a bit.
    As for the Toystory coaster, I wanna' see some concepts before I put my 2-cents-worth in on that.
    And... As for Sounds Dangerous, its time for somethin' from the 21st century already. It was fun, but its not like its a beloved classic thats gonna' be pined and wept over when its gone.
    Last edited by Dizisit; 08-21-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
    I really wish Disney would just STOP making attractions based on current movies, and make something TOTALLY original. I love Pixar, but please.
    You're right. If the theme is not so specific, like Tower of Terror, it can age gracefully. If you "date" the ride by attaching it to a movie, it can get stale and old.
    Tim

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by lizardlynn92 View Post
    haha I always hated that show. It scared the **** out of my little sister becuase of the pitch dark. When the part with the haircut scene came, she screamed and cried because she thought someone was chopping off her hair!!

I would also be sad to see the backlot tour go but a montsers inc coaster would be a cool idea and people are always looking for new thrills.
    I would love to see a monsters Inc coaster in epcot!

Souldier is offline B-Ticket Holder

I always thought backlot tour was just a cheap rip off of the outstanding tour in Universal Studios Hollywood. Catostrophe Canyon was always fun to do though, when the bridge "broke" it always got me.
    Halloween has come and gone..

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

ADRIEN

Formerly known as Dznyfreak42

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    4.New land leading from the streets of America Courtyard. Any Ideas?

Broadway from the Roarin 20s. Add a musical theatre and a Stephen King designed scary Haunted House attraction. Maybe a James Bond ride too
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

omnimover is offline A-Ticket holder

I say there's enough Nemo. The show and The Seas are probably good enough. Backlot Tour needs to go, Sounds Dangerous needs to go, MuppetVision 3D... maybe it should stay the same? It was Mr. Henson's last project. And it's still popular enough and entertaining.

Basically, guests need to either be walking into a Hollywood theme park, or a working studio theme park. I feel like it's stuck in between.
    Grand Floridian: Sugar Loaf Key Concierge - April 2005
    Ft. Wilderness: Moccasin Trail Cabin - August 2009

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by omnimover View Post
    MuppetVision 3D... maybe it should stay the same? It was Mr. Henson's last project. And it's still popular enough and entertaining.
    I love MuppetVision. I say keep it as is. Maybe add something
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast