Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss DHS to have changes by 2011? in the News & Rumors forums; I think the monsters coaster should be located in epcot along with a meet the robinsons ride!I also think they need to extend the seas with nemo and friends and ...
    Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: DHS to have changes by 2011?

I think the monsters coaster should be located in epcot along with a meet the robinsons ride!I also think they need to extend the seas with nemo and friends and add a crush coaster like at DLRP. But if they did that they would have to remove TTWC. Then I thinh DHS should get a Cars land, ratatouie reastraunt or dark ride, and some kind of incredibles ride. Then they should also set up a attraction where they show guests how pixar makes their animated movies. Also the Honey I shrunk The Audience Movie Set should be converted into a Bugs life themed area maybe with a few carnivle rides like at california Adventure. It would also be cool if they could put in a lake or lagoon in this area where they could put the Wonderful World Of Color fountain show.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

I'm with the idea of DHS getting a Cars land. I'm a huge fan of Pixar and wish that they'd continue dedicating that back lot to them.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

aerosmithfan94 is offline C-Ticket Holder

The pixar themed rides would be cool but i dont want DHS to become "Disney's PIXAR Studios" either. i think a Cars roller coaster would be a good idea though.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I think change at DHS is definitely needed... The front of the park seems to be updated from the original opening, but outside of Lights! much of the rear of the park is really unchanged from like the first time I visited in 1993... Things like HISTK movie set, the food court (Studio Express?) near the backlot, and the backlot itself... If Catastrophe Canyon could stay, with much of the rest changed or replaced, this park could take major steps forward.
    It reminds me of Epcot in the mid 90's... before test track, soarin and mission:space... Though the past attractions were great, Epcot really rebranded itself with more thrill rides... I think its time that DHS does the same...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by pranker51502 View Post
    I'm with the idea of DHS getting a Cars land.
    I'm not so sure. They're just cars, which might limit what you could do with it. I'd rather see a re-theming to the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway with a Cars overlay.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

bety is offline Disney World Beast

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm not so sure. They're just cars, which might limit what you could do with it. I'd rather see a re-theming to the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway with a Cars overlay.
    agreed.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I actually like that idea better. I think that would fit in better.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
    I really wish Disney would just STOP making attractions based on current movies, and make something TOTALLY original. I love Pixar, but please.

I completely agree. I love Pixar movies, but not every ride has to be based off of a movie! Backlot tour is not based off of a specific movie. It obviously has the many, many references to other movies. Taking this ride out would make the Studios loose something. MGM Studios has a story that goes back to the 1920-40's (yes, thank you Lou Mongello for the podcast with the virtual tour through MGM Studios because it will really help now). In that time, many movie studios did offer tours around their lots. That what this ride is. It is showing you the magic behind some movies. Taking it out just wouldn't be right.

Everybody needs a little Spark of Imagination...

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

Although its changed a bit over the years, The Backlot Tour has been a part of the Studios since it opened. I would be VERY disappointed if they did indeed decide to close it down and turn the space into something else. Yes they could use the space that The Backlot Tour occupies to put some great additions into the Studios, so for that reason I'm sure they'll close it someday. But with that said, I really don't think The Backlot Tour is going anywhere anytime soon. It's scheduled to re-open any day now from refurbishment. If they were planning to close it down in the near future, they wouldn't be pumping $$ into refurbishing it. So The Backlot Tour should be safe at least for the rest of 2010. But beyond that, who knows?
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Unhappy Re: DHS to have changes by 2011?

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-05-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

they keep playing the "working soundstage and animation studio" bit when they havent had either in years...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123