Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Illuminations closing!! in the News & Rumors forums; With all the upgrades to the globe and inferno barge, I don't think Illuminations: ROE is going anywhere. What is partially fueling this rumor is that the Disney web site ...
    tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator

Re: Illuminations closing!!

With all the upgrades to the globe and inferno barge, I don't think Illuminations: ROE is going anywhere. What is partially fueling this rumor is that the Disney web site did not have any show times listed for it for September
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    With all the upgrades to the globe and inferno barge, I don't think Illuminations: ROE is going anywhere. What is partially fueling this rumor is that the Disney web site did not have any show times listed for it for September
    I had also heard on another board that it wasn't showing on the calendar, but couldn't find the source, and that seems to have been rectified anyways.

Perhaps someone saw it missing from the calendar and decided to start a rumor...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Disney Sea Symphony looks pretty good. Kind of a cross between Illuminations and Fantasmic. I know I am in minority but I dont like Illuminations that much and would like to see a change.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

NicW is offline A-Ticket holder

NOOO!!!
    Well, that's sad. It's one of the places where the relationship with my fiance actually started.
    We went to Disney world with a group as friends, and the night we went to see illuminations was when we started talking about dating.

britney05 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Yeah, I agree with ImaMouser. I never really cared for Illuminations either so the change doesn't really bother me. But it could have been in part because the crowds are just ridiculous and no matter how early you get there and get a spot someone is bound to push you out.

SevenSeasLagoon is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    I hope this is true tiggerguy. I would hate to see Illuminations go.

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm w/the majority... I'd cry if they dropped Illuminations.

Nothing beats winding down a night than watching Illuminations w/my DH & a cold Dos Equis in Mexico!
    Zima-Cheryl

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I really hope this isn't true, Illuminations is a great show, and the music is incredible - It's one of the more popular fireworks displays Disney has ever had, I doubt they'd get rid of it entirely.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think Illuminations is ok, but I would welcome a new show.
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator

Illuminations in one form or another has been around since at least 1990.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

And the monorail in one form or another has been around since 1959 (bad comparison haha sorry)

I'd Really be sad to see IllumiNations go. It is such a special, amazing, and inspiring show. I like Disney Sea Symphony, but I really don't think it fits in the world showcase... It doesn't have much to do with the theme of Epcot as a whole either... It would work great in MGM, but there's no real place for it. Hopefully when it does come time for IllumiNations to finally go, we will get a newer better version. (i'm not sure how that could happen...but i'm sure disney can make it happen) I'd also like to see Holiday IllumiNations return. It was like the wonder of the Peace on Earth tag... but an Entire show.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I really hope that Illuminations stays around. This November will be my kids' first time there and that was one of the things I wanted them to see.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Illuminations is full of history for me as well. I got engaged during it and then viewed it on my wedding night. The most beautiful and inspiring show Disney has ever put on in my opinion. I sure do hope this is a rumor or else I need to book a stat trip down.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

IllumiNations is a tradition for me and my wife. We always spend her brithday at Chefs de France watching it from the dining room. I would be sad to see ti go, but it might be nice to see something new. I'm sure that whatever they put forth will be equally as beautiful.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

mouseofzen is offline A-Ticket holder

this would be an outrage! the music of illuminations is tradition & magic. disney sea symphony just doesn't have that "grab you" music score
    MOZ- Disney inspired haikus : www.twitter.com/mouseofzen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast