Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Kingdom's Keepers MOVIE?!? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by doconeill Well that's odd, considering Disney is a movie studio... I haven't personally read the books - read the beginning of the second as it was lying ...
    vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye

Re: Kingdom's Keepers MOVIE?!?

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Well that's odd, considering Disney is a movie studio...

I haven't personally read the books - read the beginning of the second as it was lying around - but DW has ready them and I know the basic plots...what I think could be the most interesting is not a specific attraction, but an overlay on the park, perhaps for a late-night upcharge even ala MNSSHP, that could involve guests all around the park somehow...
    i mean like.. they've been pushing movies out left and right.. with like up from disney and pixar? and wasnt g-force a disney movie? and then theres ponyo which is coming out.. they should really bring back the classics before the do any more movies..

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by vmkplayer View Post
    I think that it shouldn't be made into the movie because disney has been doing a lot with movies lately.. I think they should, however, turn it into a like a "world" or "area" at disney world or disney land. Preferably 2 areas, one at the magic kingdom, the other at animal kingdom, so it fits with the themes. Then it would be cool if you could be like the Kingdom Keepers, and try to solve it yourself on like a scavenger hunt and have some cool prize at the end. But for thoes who read the book, they'd have to make it harder since you know where all the hiding places would be.. I should stop dreaming now shouldnt I?
    That sounds a lot like the Kim Possible thing at Epcot.
    -Zac

revtigger is offline A-Ticket holder

Kingdom Keepers would make an awesome movie, I wish Disney would do it.
    MY DISNEY TRIPS
    April 1995 - Disneyland (offsite Park Vue Econo Lodge) Honeymoon
    May 2004 - Disneyland (offsite Tropicana Inn)
    October 2005 - WDW (All Star Movies); Disney Wonder (3 night Bahamas Cruise)
    November 2005 - Disneyland (offsite Tropicana Inn)
    September 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne)
    February 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York)
    December 2010 / January 2011 - Disneyland (Grand Californian Hotel); WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disney Wonder (15 night Panama Canal Cruise); Disneyland (Paradise Pier Hotel)
    August 2011 - Hong Kong Disneyland (Hollywood Hotel)
    Oct/Nov 2011 - Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); WDW (Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas & Polynesian); Disney Dream (4 & 3 night back to back Bahamas Cruise); WDW (Bay Lake Tower & Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disneyland (Grand Californian)

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Ridley Pearson is at the Expo in a few weeks, and according to the Expo website, the session he is involved in will also include a 'special announcement'... could be interesting??!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

jlruther is offline A-Ticket holder

i cant wait till he does...i read all the books and i cant wait to see the movie...
    Last edited by jlruther; 01-31-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: i forgot the faces

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by redheadbrown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vmkplayer View Post
    I think that it shouldn't be made into the movie because disney has been doing a lot with movies lately.. I think they should, however, turn it into a like a "world" or "area" at disney world or disney land. Preferably 2 areas, one at the magic kingdom, the other at animal kingdom, so it fits with the themes. Then it would be cool if you could be like the Kingdom Keepers, and try to solve it yourself on like a scavenger hunt and have some cool prize at the end. But for thoes who read the book, they'd have to make it harder since you know where all the hiding places would be.. I should stop dreaming now shouldnt I?
    That sounds a lot like the Kim Possible thing at Epcot.
    This is an old thread, but interestingly, there is now the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom thing, which is still in testing. Not based on Kingdom Keeprs though.

Quote Originally Posted by jlruther View Post
    i cant wait till he does...i read all the books and i cant wait to see the movie...
    Keep waiting. Disney has not accepted it for production, and with the planned Jon Favreau-led Magic Kingdom movie and a Haunted Mansion remake, it's probably far from thought now...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

you should really read the books...they are very exciting

This is an old thread, but interestingly, there is now the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom thing, which is still in testing. Not based on Kingdom Keeprs though.

Keep waiting. Disney has not accepted it for production, and with the planned Jon Favreau-led Magic Kingdom movie and a Haunted Mansion remake, it's probably far from thought now...
    aww man...well lets hope they dont put aside the fact of them making it into a movie...btw, which book was your favorite?

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by jlruther View Post
    aww man...well lets hope they dont put aside the fact of them making it into a movie...btw, which book was your favorite?
    My opinion the first book is the best by far as the series. I don't really look at any the rides/attractions the same anymore.....Firehouse on Main Street/trying to see the shed in Space Mountain, Pirates as a whole, and the snake by SSE in Epcot. Book opens up a whole new world for me.
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 02-13-2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: .
    10/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    01/2013 Beach Club Resort
    11/2012 Saratoga Springs
    04/2012 Old Key West
    02/2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/2011 Downtown Disney Buena Vista Palace
    09/2011 Wilderness Lodge
    05/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    09/2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2010 Bonnet Creek
    10/2009 Coronado/Old Key West
    05/2009 Saratoga Springs
    03/2009 Old Key West
    01/2009 Saratoga Springs
    11/2008 Offsite
    09/2008 Offsite
    05/2008 Caribbean Resort
    03/2008 offsite
    01/2008 offsite
    11/2007 off site
    05/2007 offsite

Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    My opinion the first book is the best by far as the series. I don't really look at any the rides/attractions the same anymore.....Firehouse on Main Street/trying to see the shed in Space Mountain, Pirates as a whole, and the snake by SSE in Epcot. Book opens up a whole new world for me.
    i agree to that...books take me on a train ride that you could never experience without reading it...

btw...want to be friends?????

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I don't see how Ridley doesn't have an issue with the Favreau movie. The premise sounds way too similar to the Kingdom Keeper books.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12