Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss POTC- Is it my imagination? in the News & Rumors forums; OK, I may have been delerious from lack of sleep and dizzy from taking an additional 1900 photos on this last trip, but on POTC, the famous, "hairy leg" pirate ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

POTC- Is it my imagination?

OK, I may have been delerious from lack of sleep and dizzy from taking an additional 1900 photos on this last trip, but on POTC, the famous, "hairy leg" pirate - I remember seeing him on this trip and commenting to myself (as I often do) that he looked different... like he originally had a beard and moustache, and now he didn't. Well, I never got a chance to ride again and get a photo, but in watching an older video at home, I'm now comvincing myself that what I saw was true, as the video I have from last year clearly shows him with a beard.

Has anyone else seen this, or has the lack of lseep finally taken its wicked toll on the old man?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    my memory has em with a beard, too. Not like the pic, who's that guy? Was his feet clean? lol

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Hmmmmmmmm, I don't remember exactly. I'll have to look when I go back in June.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

Mark Goldhaber is offline B-Ticket Holder
    His face is also narrow now, as opposed to its former wide self. I think that they just swapped out one standard Pirate face for another.

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Does anybody know when they made this change?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Dunno when they made the change, but it is definitely a different pirate. Still has a super hairy leg and dirty foot, but I'm not convinced it's the same hairy leg and dirty foot. The whole thing looked different to me, but it may have just been a face change. Hard to tell for sure.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    it's really hard to tell over here the more I look at it. Then again, I don't remember if that's the same keg/jug he's been holding since forever.

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    i have no idea...
    i should ask my mom tomorrow morning... the only part she remembers from the ride is the hairy leg.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    The last time I went on POTC (the friday before last), I noticed that the pirate with the muddy leg looked different. His face looked thinner (and yes, i'm pretty sure it was cleanshaven), and he just looked thinner in general. However, the leg was very much as dirty as I remembered it from before.

I don't know if I'm going to get another chance to hit up MK before I go North for the summer, but if I do, I'll try to grab a pic of him for comparison for you all.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I agree, when I went on it last week, it sure looked like a different pirate. I thought it was just me for some reason. Glad to know I am not going crazy.
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I went on it again the day before yesterday...I am positive that it's a completely different pirate, different leg and all. The leg is thinner and not *quite* as hairy. Wonder why they made the change?

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    When I went through it last weekend, I thought he looked different, but I just assummed it was my mind playing tricks on me.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I would agree that not only does the face appear different, but I also think the leg looks less hairy!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!