Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss The end for Sounds Dangerous? in the News & Rumors forums; I thought that attraction closed years ago....Seriously I can not remember seeing it open or a crowd leaving in the last few years. The only thing I can remember being ...
    hbk1313 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: The end for Sounds Dangerous?

I thought that attraction closed years ago....Seriously I can not remember seeing it open or a crowd leaving in the last few years.

The only thing I can remember being in that area is ESPN radio during ESPN: The Weekend and a hospitality area for same event.

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by hbk1313 View Post
    I thought that attraction closed years ago....Seriously I can not remember seeing it open or a crowd leaving in the last few years.

The only thing I can remember being in that area is ESPN radio during ESPN: The Weekend and a hospitality area for same event.
    About a year and a half ago we saw a crowd at the enterence waiting to get in. We felt bad for them.
    Last edited by mercurywaxing; 09-06-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Censored word. sorry.

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder

I hope not. I love Sounds Dangerous and I love the booths at the end of the show.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Sounds Dangerous is one of the most universally derided attractions in all of WDW. I really don't know why it is so hated, but it is. I didn't think it was that bad, but I've been through it, and don't really have an urge to do so again, unless its 110 degrees out and I want a break...

The "seasonal" tag is usually the kiss of death. They don't mention what "season" it will be open Carousel of Progress is one of the few if not the only attraction to ever escape being "seasonal".
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

WOL syndrome

yelad is offline A-Ticket holder

I must say, last time i saw it, my headphones were broken. but It could be really good if they refurbed. they could find ways of more efficient headphones, etc. it wouldn't be half bad.

yelad is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I suspect Sounds Dangerous will become as "seasonal" as Wonders of Life
    You know, I just remebered Wonders of Life when you mentioned it. What is going on there? I know it was closed down, etc. but has anyone gotten any info on this? It seems Disney is keeping it very quiet.

Lissa is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by mindy0509 View Post
    I must say I will be happy to see this attraction go. I think this is honestly the only attraction in WDW I have only done one time because it was so bad.

Ditto that! And I can remember back to when there was a similar attraction that was themed with Angela Lansbury and Murder She Wrote. I think the technology with this type of attraction gets dated pretty quickly, maybe?
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow waiting at the end of every day!"

Follow me on Twitter @LissaRFAK

Raising Food Allergic Kids? Visit http://www.rfak.org

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by yelad View Post
    You know, I just remebered Wonders of Life when you mentioned it. What is going on there? I know it was closed down, etc. but has anyone gotten any info on this? It seems Disney is keeping it very quiet.
    They are using it for events such as EF&GF and playing shows about the events in the old theaters
    R.I.P.
    Body Wars
    Cranium Command
    The Making of Me
    Goofy About Health

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

I feel positive there will come a day when Disney will announce new plans for the WOL space. That's too much real estate to leave sitting empty most of the year.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Sounds Dangerous is one of the most universally derided attractions in all of WDW. I really don't know why it is so hated, but it is. I didn't think it was that bad, but I've been through it, and don't really have an urge to do so again, unless its 110 degrees out and I want a break...
    I think you've summed it up. It's not actively awful, but they have a theater right smack in the middle of things. The real estate is quite prime and there is a lot they can do in the location. So they put you in a theater and make you listen to that great new technology... stereo sound. In the dark. Sort of like lonely kids would to do with Yes albums in the 70's rec room.

I think if it was tucked away in a quiet corner nobody would even think about it.

Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I hate when an attraction closes before I've gotten around to seeing it. I never got to see Horizons either, despite two or three trips to Epcot while it was open.

SSB

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment_626 View Post
    I hate when an attraction closes before I've gotten around to seeing it. I never got to see Horizons either, despite two or three trips to Epcot while it was open.

SSB
    We've taken the time on our last several trips to make sure we've done pretty much everything - even if it was something not terribly interesting and probably would never bother with again, just because of this reason.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

yensidfan is offline C-Ticket Holder

I know some of you enjoy Sounds Dangerous but I really hope Disney decides to do something better with that centrally located building! Quite honestly, I don't know if I'd sit thru sounds dangerous if they were offering my entire family all day FPs!! I really did not like it at all. I couldn't help but wonder how many people were picking their oogies in the dark and how many CMs were watching and laughing

Me (28), DH (30), DD (8)

DVC: AKV since 2007 and BLT since 2009
    Proud D23 Charter Member!

lollerstace is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    I feel positive there will come a day when Disney will announce new plans for the WOL space. That's too much real estate to leave sitting empty most of the year.
    i know they do some training stuff for epcot CMs there, an old roommate worked in the parking lot at epcot and was telling me how she had training one day in the area by body wars. but training can happen anywhere, it's not like this space is saved for that.
    a dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast