Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss The end for Sounds Dangerous? in the News & Rumors forums; I was at DHS over this past week and noticed that Sounds Dangerous, which has been operating on a seasonal schedule through out the year, was closed during their most ...
    Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder

Question The end for Sounds Dangerous?

I was at DHS over this past week and noticed that Sounds Dangerous, which has been operating on a seasonal schedule through out the year, was closed during their most crowded time of year (Free dining in the summer). I peeked inside the post show room of Sounds Dangerous, and noticed that the room was totally empty. I also noticed that the hugely popular American Idol show right next door, has an out of the way cart for selling merchandise. Coincidence? I think not...
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: The end for Sounds Dangerous?

this part of the summer is not as crowded as the July 4th period which is why they offer free dining
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

I kind of find it strange that this show is closed when drew carrey is such a big symbol for the price's right. It just seems like a strange time to stop the show.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I think I am one of the very few that loved this attraction from the time it opened. Sadly the last few trips it was seedy, seats broken, head sets broken. Very un-Disney, but I've seen more and more of this over the last few years.

I was getting the idea when they left SD in disarray that Drew was going to be departing soon. I'll miss it when it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bater8slater View Post
    I kind of find it strange that this show is closed when drew carrey is such a big symbol for the price's right. It just seems like a strange time to stop the show.

Very Good Point, maybe they will re-vamp it???
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Yeah they should deffinetly re-vamp it. One reason I think it's close is because it is for ABC. But now he's on CBS. So...

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

I wouldn't be shocked at this point, it's been pretty much on and off for so long now that I think it's only a matter of time

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I think it is pretty much gone like the Wonders of Life in Epcot. I wouldn't look for any capital improvements in the near future however. I think it will be awhile until a new attraction finds it way into the building.

I never had the chance to go on this ride and this is why:

My first disney trip was in 2003 when I was 8 years old. We walked by the show when it was running and I was like "Who is this guy?" So we just kept on walking. haha. Then i went in 2008 when I was 13 and I knew who Drew Carrey was now because I was watching re-runs of Whose Line is It Anyway (good show). So I was like "I want to go ride the Drew Carrey Ride!" I walk up to it it and it had a little metal fence around it, it looked like the lights were off, I didn't see anyone around, and there was a sign that said something like "Sounds Dangerous is not opperating today" So I was like "Ohh... Let's go eat at Sci Fi Dine In!" haha. then this year I went and I was 14 and I was listening to the podcast and Lou was talking about how it might be closed now. I was like "Ohh well. I'll just check it out" We get to the studios and geuss what? It's not working! I was like "Oh come on! I just want to go on this ride!" Then I just went to.. Geuss what? Sci Fi Dine In! Haha. Yeah so that's my experince with Sounds Dangerous.
    Last edited by bater8slater; 08-25-2009 at 09:22 AM.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

It wouldn't surprise me if SD closed, like someone had said, they hadn't been maintaining it (broken seats and headphones and such) and it was not kept as up to date with technology as other attractions. It would be nice to see something else put there, not sure what though.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

It was closed when I was there 2 weeks ago. I can understand why. It's the show with the worst reviews in the park. Even in the busiest season it might actually increase the guest experience to keep it closed. People tend to remember the worst part of their trip as much as the best.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I personally liked the show. I thought the plot was pretty funny and the characters were good and funny as well. I'm a little disappointed to see this show go. I don't think it got the due respect that it deserved. Every time I went the theatre was mostly empty. Maybe ≈20 people in it.
    Last edited by WDW4Ever; 08-25-2009 at 12:18 PM.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I suspect Sounds Dangerous will become as "seasonal" as Wonders of Life
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I suspect Sounds Dangerous will become as "seasonal" as Wonders of Life

Yeah maybe like a extra area for the star wars weekends.

mindy0509 is offline A-Ticket holder

I must say I will be happy to see this attraction go. I think this is honestly the only attraction in WDW I have only done one time because it was so bad.

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

It wasn't my favourite show but i'll miss it as it is part of my disney childhood, we always used to go in when I was younger, to cool off or just get away from the crowds for 15 minutes.

If it gets turned into nothing other than, storage etc then I will be very disappointed, but not surprised. Seems to be the norm with Disney as of late!

Ruddy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast