Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss test track in the News & Rumors forums; Who knows!?! The ride might turn into Toyota's incident on the 90 mph journey on the highway! Wouldn't that be something? It'd fit into that area with the 18 wheeler ...
    dmc495 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: test track

Who knows!?! The ride might turn into Toyota's incident on the 90 mph journey on the highway! Wouldn't that be something? It'd fit into that area with the 18 wheeler pop out and around there

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

If Toyota takes over should we worry about the ride suddenly taken off and then having faulty breaks??
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Its funny that this thread is up and getting comments again...i actually heard just the other day that HONDA is in the running.
    Im a big Honda fan and id like to see it there. DLR has alot of Honda sponsorship.
    We will see.. Toyota is still imho the probable future sponsor.
    Despite their recent issues....they and Honda are by far the most reliable vehicles one can buy.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

As a devoted fan of all things Disney, I tend to gravitate toward brands & companies that I see in the Disney parks- maybe sub-consciously, who knows. Anyway, with a fridge full of Coke, two Chevrolets in the garage and a nice soft Hanes t-shirt on, I like to see my go-to brands do well. I always enjoyed checking out the new GM models on display in the post show area of Test Track but in the last couple years, I've been pretty let down by the limited number of models and lack of updates. I know GM has been on the ropes lately and times are tough for much of the auto industry as a whole but I have a hard time believing this wouldn't be a golden opportunity for them to bolster their public image. If you think about it, a steady stream of potential customers that would be in an auto maker's target market are walking through this area and seeing what they have to offer every day.

Perhaps it is time for someone like Honda, Ford or Toyota to step in and assume the sponsorship so the attraction and its display areas can be used to its full potential again.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by dcbush12 View Post
    If Toyota takes over should we worry about the ride suddenly taken off and then having faulty breaks??
    Oh my goodness, too funny.

I'm hoping it is Ford. They are so solid even through the bad economy.
    I'd like Epcot, Future World to represent the promise of the US. Pipe dreams I know.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Even though it has been a long time... Ford has been linked to Disney in the past, correct me if I am mistaken... I think it was at the World's Fair... Bringing back ford would keep the same similar setup, and then also add a bit of an update to the story, as well as the videos... and the cars on those videos... They seem so... 1995!!!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Ford did indeed sponsor an attraction at the 1964-1965 World's Fair in NYC, the Ford Magic Skyway. Technology from that was used when they created the WEDWay PeopleMover at Disneyland in 1967.

In a twist, Disney asked Ford to sponsor the PeopleMover as well...but Ford didn't want to, because the attraction basically advocated an alternate mode of transportation to cars. Instead, Goodyear was approached and accepted - since tires were still needed and used to propel the cars forward.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Ford did indeed sponsor an attraction at the 1964-1965 World's Fair in NYC, the Ford Magic Skyway. Technology from that was used when they created the WEDWay PeopleMover at Disneyland in 1967.
    I've heard audio from the Magic Skyway ride and it sounded pretty cool. Walt sure did like his dinosaurs, didn't he?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

that was exactly what i thought... maybe then Ford could come on board and replace GM... it would be an idea... NASCAR just could never really work here... too much of the story would have to change for the NASCAR angle to work... I think Ford would be the right direction...

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    that was exactly what i thought... maybe then Ford could come on board and replace GM... it would be an idea... NASCAR just could never really work here... too much of the story would have to change for the NASCAR angle to work... I think Ford would be the right direction...

I completely agree. NASCAR just doesn't fit in EPCOT. If someone does indeed replace GM, it has to be a car company. And I think Ford is the best choice. And a new sponsor will def breath new life back into the pre and post show areas, which is MUCH needed.
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot_Don View Post
    I completely agree. NASCAR just doesn't fit in EPCOT. If someone does indeed replace GM, it has to be a car company. And I think Ford is the best choice. And a new sponsor will def breath new life back into the pre and post show areas, which is MUCH needed.
    I'm not sure Nascar fits with the TTC, either, but that didn't stop them from sticking it near the parking lot.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Story lines could change to fit NASCAR however I think the bigger hang-up would be lifting the NASCAR theme from Universal/City Walk

The NASCAR Sports Grille

Click Photo Finish at the top for Orlando. We eat there when at Universal, pretty cool.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.

That is what I am thinking... Come on those 1995 Buick's and Chevy's on the preshow video just have to go already... makes the ride seem dated... Ford needs to get involved... I think they are the best choice... An American car company in a Floridian proving ground...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123