Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Rock n' Roller Coaster starring..The Jonas Brothers?!?! in the News & Rumors forums; my friend was telling me yesterday that Aerosmith may be taken out of Rock N' Roller Coaster and be replaced with the Jonas Brothers. I told her I highly doubt ...
    disneyloveee is offline B-Ticket Holder

Rock n' Roller Coaster starring..The Jonas Brothers?!?!

my friend was telling me yesterday that Aerosmith may be taken out of Rock N' Roller Coaster and be replaced with the Jonas Brothers. I told her I highly doubt this happening..but has anyone heard about this? I would be extremely upset if Aerosmith was taken out of Rock N' Roller Coaster. They make the ride and Disney and Aerosmith is a perfect combination for me because I am such a big fan of both.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage."
    -Walt Disney

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Rock n' Roller Coaster starring..The Jonas Brothers?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyloveee View Post
    my friend was telling me yesterday that Aerosmith may be taken out of Rock N' Roller Coaster and be replaced with the Jonas Brothers. I told her I highly doubt this happening..but has anyone heard about this? I would be extremely upset if Aerosmith was taken out of Rock N' Roller Coaster. They make the ride and Disney and Aerosmith is a perfect combination for me because I am such a big fan of both.
    Aerosmith's contract is reportedly going to expire in the future, leaving Disney with option of either renewing it, or putting another theme in its place. Hannah Montana, Jonas and all kinds of replacements have been mentioned but they're just rumors.
    Tim

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

All I can say is......please...don't....do...this

Oh dear Lord....please, please, please let this be a horrible rumor! This ride would QUICKLY go from being my favorite to never riden again if the put with Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers in place!

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

this is a sick joke right?

I hope it is! I will like protest this if it happens, and I really don't think this will go by Steven Tyler and the rest of the band either.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage."
    -Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I've seen this rumor before. It will depend on the contract renewal with Aerosmith.

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Aerosmith could possiably come out. But, I don't think Disney would make that big of a mistake by putting Jonas Brothers there. Maybe the beatles could go there. Because they are the biggest rock n' roll band ever. And they sort of did invent rock n' roll.

Yeah, if anything were to happen (God forbid) I'd like to see The Beatles or U2 or The Rolling Stones.

The Rolling Stones were supposed to be the original band on Rock N' Roller Coaster, but they wanted too much money for it.
    -Walt Disney

Tim

Yeah, if anything were to happen (God forbid) I'd like to see The Beatles or U2 or The Rolling Stones.

The Rolling Stones were supposed to be the original band on Rock N' Roller Coaster, but they wanted too much money for it.
    You'd have to change the format if you used the Beatles bacause you obviously can't "meet them" like you do Aerosmith in the sound booth. An interesting tie-in might be Rascal Flatts. They have ties to Disney with "Life Is A Highway" and Cars, and the song is excellent. Might work.....
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    You'd have to change the format if you used the Beatles bacause you obviously can't "meet them" like you do Aerosmith in the sound booth. An interesting tie-in might be Rascal Flatts. They have ties to Disney with "Life Is A Highway" and Cars, and the song is excellent. Might work.....
    Yeah, I agree. But you'd have to change the entire format of the ride, probably adding a few Cars details.
    But I really hope Aerosmith doesnt go!
    -Walt Disney

Tim

Yeah, I agree. But you'd have to change the entire format of the ride, probably adding a few Cars details.
    But I really hope Aerosmith doesnt go!
    I love original rides. If it 'aint broke, don't fix it. Other rides suffered when they were changed, like Alien Encounter. I think Disney should pony up, pay the bucks, and extend the contract with Aerosmith.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I love original rides. If it 'aint broke, don't fix it. Other rides suffered when they were changed, like Alien Encounter. I think Disney should pony up, pay the bucks, and extend the contract with Aerosmith.
    I agree 1,000%. I'd hate to see it go and like I said Steven Tyler would probably not stand for this and he (and the band) would end up renewing.
    -Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

This rumor started months ago as the 10th anniversary of RNRC was approaching, and there was an assumption that the contract with Aerosmith was of a 10 year duration.

The 10th anniversary came and went without a sound.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

It's called The Rock N Roller not the Teen age Girls favorite pop stars coaster. Pick a real Rock N Roll band, please! Metallica anyone?
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast