Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss If I said.... in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Minniegirl1995 Saratoga Springs (what Main Street is based off of) I've never heard of Main Street U.S.A. in MK being based off any particular location - rather, ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: If I said....

Quote Originally Posted by Minniegirl1995 View Post
    Saratoga Springs (what Main Street is based off of)
    I've never heard of Main Street U.S.A. in MK being based off any particular location - rather, it is a representation of architectures of various places.

Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland is I believe more closely based on Walt's home town in Missouri specifically, but with other influences as well.

Saratoga Springs was obviously the influence behind the resort of the same name when they rebuild the Disney Institute.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

I would say BOOO!!! Walt's visions as the founding father of Disney World should be upheld, just like our Founding Fathers vision (constitution) is still our supreme law!!! Sorry Government teacher rant
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

I think the houses DEF should survive, just not on Main Street. The houses have a lot of history and when Toon Town is gone, we are going miss it (I will at least, and I'm sure I'm not alone!) We are going to want some kind of tribute to remember it by, and preserving the houses is perfect. Up rooting Mickey and Minnie's houses and relocating them is a GREAT idea, but they have to find a better location then Main Street USA. I like the suggestions about Hollywood Studios. But I think they should set aside a tiny section next to the new Fantasyland/old Toon Town for the houses. It can be a secluded little section off the beaten path so to speak, set aside as a tribute to "the Land that used to be."
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

I would just be happy if i could get a great picture with mickey in front of the castle. I would like that better that some crazy wacky background

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234