Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Lifetime Passes To Disney World in the News & Rumors forums; When Epcot opened, lifetime passes were given to the first family through the gate on opening day. My family desperately wanted to try for the passes, but my dad was ...
    JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When Epcot opened, lifetime passes were given to the first family through the gate on opening day. My family desperately wanted to try for the passes, but my dad was in engineering school at USF at the time. He had a final exam that morning that his professor wouldn't let him take early. We went later in the morning, but didn't get to try for the passes. Really disappointing.

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder
    [QUOTE=TrendyMagic]CM's get some free tix, but not based off pay. It is time with the company and current status (ie full time, part time, etc.)

You are right about status with company. I was trying to make it simple.

It usually takes 5 years for certain passes, and whether you are salaried or not. When you retire you retire with the pass you currently hold. Discounts are very good too--from 25% to 50% as time goes on. The Company D store often has sales with as much as 85% off.

Spouses get passes too, which usually admit 3 other persons. Also depending on pass level the holder will get 8 paper passes per year to use for large groups of friends or relatives.

The whole pass thing at Disney is somewhat complicated.
    Last edited by Triviateer; 04-30-2005 at 12:42 PM.
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    coworker of mine says he's related to someone working at a WDW resort and he could get his family in, along with me (the ultimate tour guide), for free.. I won't tell him, but I find it hard to believe.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    yep, 'maingate' available after 90 days, 'silver' after 15yrs. Property Control is the best places for sales. (Lou should be grinning about right now)

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    coworker of mine says he's related to someone working at a WDW resort and he could get his family in, along with me (the ultimate tour guide), for free..
    Yep very possible. So where you taking them first? Hopefully Soarin'!

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder

Ever wonder what it would be like to be a Cast Member?

One of the first things you'll notice are all the excellent benefits offered. Whether you're part-time, full-time, or seasonal, Cast Members receive competitive pay and the opportunity to work for the world's leading entertainment and hospitality company. But that's just for starters.

All Cast Members at the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort typically receive:
    • Free Park admission to four of the most famous theme parks in the world
    • Discounts on theme park tickets and merchandise
    • Access to a Cast Member-only lake and recreation area with tennis, volleyball, and an Olympic-size swimming pool
    • Ongoing career and technical training
    • Discounts with local merchants and attractions

Plus, if you are a full-time Cast Member, you may be eligible for:
    • Excellent medical benefits plans
    • Excellent dental and vision benefits plans
    • Retirement plan
    • Paid holidays, vacations, and sick days, and much more!

Tangible benefits like excellent medical, dental, and retirement plans aren't the only things you may be eligible for as a full-time Cast Member. The Disney family is always looking for ways to reach out to potential Cast Members who want to make friends, make magic, and make a difference. That's why thousands of people become a part of the Disney family each year.

The WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort is the largest single-site employer in the United States, which means lots of opportunities for you.
    • Over 3,000 different job classifications
    • Management opportunities
    • Because the WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Resort is such a popular vacation destination, many of our Cast Members work 40 hours or more each week throughout the year
    Source: Casting at WDW
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder
    A friend of mine's cousin (yeah, I know, many degrees of seperation) supposedly was offered a lifetime pass after falling when he stepped onto a ride (dunno what) that was stopped suddenly while he was transfering form the walkway. From what I have heard he was rushed into a side room and offered the pass in exchange for signing a release.

I really want to see it, both to help my skepticism and to see what it looks like.

I'm affraid I'm too greedy and would ask for passes for friends and accomodation before signing. ^_^ What good is it if I have no friends to go wtih?

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    From what I've heard, most "lifetime" passes are now actually sent annually.

I'm a little skeptical myself. I just don't see a team of CMs standing by with releases and lifetime passes... But hey, weirder things have happened at WDW...

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Yep very possible. So where you taking them first? Hopefully Soarin'!
    oops sorry, let that one go by me dude!
    I'm such a slacker

well my coworker and his fam want to go late July, so I'll see Soarin' before them on the 4th so hopefully, I can work out a quick route to get Epcot done first thing in the am (normally I catch a morning show of Philharmagic so this'll be weird) and shoot over to MG err... Disney Studios to score some decent AR&R fastpassers. It'll be tough cause I have a feeling I'll wanna see Soarin' like a bajillion times! How's the fastpass to it?

HdnMickeyGrl is offline ...I could tell his 'inner Pooh' was laughing.
    Here's some info about lifetime passes.

http://users.sisna.com/matkinson/Pag...st_ticket.html
    - Jennifer

"Ooo...I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover..." - Mushu

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks for the link!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It takes 10 times for a annual pass to pay itself off really? Cuz my friend spent 70 bucks on her park hopper ticket for one day so if you see it that way it only takes 4-5 times and anyways I already went way over 10 times since Jan when we got our annual passes!
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

With Magic Your Way pricing plans, the per-day cost drops dramatically with longer stays. (Though you might then end up paying the No-expiration offer). There's a good analysis here.

Disneycastm is offline A-Ticket holder

Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034
    I heard when Disney World first opened they had a promotion where you could get lifetime passes. The price was pretty expensive at the time, going for anywhere from 500 to 1000. I was just curious if this was true and if anyone actully has one. Also if you do have one can you get into all of the parks or just the ones that were around when you bought them. Hope to get some replies.
    Maestro
    Yes, there is a lifetime type of ticket, called a Charter Member ticket. It still costs to renew, but at 1/2 the price of the regular passes. If the charter member does not renew yearly, they lose their special discount.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast