Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Lifetime Passes To Disney World in the News & Rumors forums; Thanks DisneyCastM, and welcome the family! Do you happen to have a scan of that ticket? (drool)...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks DisneyCastM, and welcome the family!

Do you happen to have a scan of that ticket? (drool)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The Charter AP's are for AP holders from 1981-ish who have renewed every year without lapse since then. It is also for family (kids) who have held AP's since they turned three. Not many Charter AP's out there.

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Unless I change my location or have an easier way to get down to Florida, I won't be an AP holder until my future wife and I have kids. Then I'm guaranteeing we'll go every year.

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Hi The only Lifetime passes that I saw were ones that were given to special people like those who were millionth customes billionth customers things like that. I bet if they sold them they would be quite costly. and would be stripped down of most discounts.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

tennisbabi1409 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Actually my Dad told me my Aunt and Uncle were offered them back in the 80s for about $500!! Too bad they didn't get them...

Dblk2104 is offline A-Ticket holder
    As to my knowledge, the only time i have ever year of a "Life Time Pass" was given to the 100 millionth guest to walk through the gates at MK.. Now there are park hopper tickets and don't expire for a lifetime, but and actual life time pass cannot be purchased.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Yeah, I don't think you can buy anything more than an AP
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I can't imagine what it would be like to have a lifetime pass to WDW. I wish I could get down more often. I know I am looking forward to this next week.
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    You go to WDW tomorrow right?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    About the APs paying for themselves, I just looked up the exact numbers. An annual pass (non-Florida resident) goes for $415, whereas a single day MYW pass with the parkhopper option (I chose this to help compare with the AP which allows parkhopping) goes for $103. Four trips and the AP pays for itself, plus you have to figure discounts on dining, resort stays, and free parking. Definitely a deal there. Even if you go without the parkhopper option on the 1-day MYW, your AP still pays for itself in 6 or 7 park admissions.

If you get the FL resident AP however, that comes for a mere $325. You can get a FL resident parkhopper for $67, but even with that the AP will pay off in 5 visits.

Of course, as Sam mentioned previously, the cost per day of a MYW ticket decreses dramatically as you add days, but I haven't taken the time yet to figure out how much that factors in to the break-even point. But I do know for sure that it doesn't take 10-20 uses to pay for itself.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

goofntink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Here is a another figure for the price comparison from this AP holder. Price for a Fl.res 1 Day Magic Your Way Ticket w/ Park Hopper is $71.37 w/tax. Parking is $9.00.Grand total $79.37.If you go 5 times during the year here's what I explain to people who ask me about worth of AP pass purchase.

1 day tickets FL. RES + park hopper

Trip 1 $79.73
    Trip 2 $79.73
    Trip 3 $79.73
    Trip 4 $79.73
    Trip 5 $79.73

Total= $398.65

Annual pass $325.00+ tax = $347.75
    Total = GO AS MANY TIMES YOU WANT!!!!!!!

Another thing i get asked quite often is what good is the pass during the summer when it is the busiest time since kids are out of school and families come down for vacation in mass numbers. Long kept pass holder secret i tell them is this. Dad,Mom And Kids come down for the Disney vacation. Dad and Mom spent lots of money for vacation, so they are out to get their money's worth. They get up at 6 a.m., get breakfast, and go to the park of the day,{let's say MK.} since with EMH park opens at 8 a.m. Now it 98 plus during this time of year in fl. Come 5 p.m. kids are tired and cranky.parent are hot,tired and fed up with the kids complaining.Come 6 p.m you start to see families leave from the park in droves. NOW, here is the worth of the pass, park is still open till 12 a.m or later, sun goes down and it's not so hot anymore.... so here we come fresh as a daisy, cause we stayed home all day in the a.c. and took it easy since we know we are going to be here. And we still get at least 6 hours in the park, and it didn't cost us anything!!!!!!
    Last edited by goofntink; 04-18-2006 at 10:13 AM.

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Just to raise this topic back into the light, I saw the story about Disney welcoming the 2 Billionth guest today. According to the article I read on MagicalMountain, it said that all 11 family members got lifetime passes to any Disney park.

Now all I'm thinking is...how do I get my family to be the 3 billionth people...
    Facebook Me!

"Don't talk when I'm SHOUTING!'
    "Putting you in a chicken is cruelty to animals!"
    -General Knowledge

KAT2bMe is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up Re: Lifetime Passes To Disney World

I found a story concerning my great grandfather Millard C. Jones. By January 11, 1976 he had visited Walt Disney World 370 times. During his 300th visit he was thrown a surprise party by the employees. There was a huge Mickey Mouse cake, a bronze plaque naming him an "honorary citizen" and a lifetime pass. At the time he was the first to be honored out of 40 million visitors. So yes lifetime passes do exist or at least they once did.

i-neighborhood Guest

Re: Lifetime Passes To Disney World

Some people I knew, school administrator and his family, when I attended school there claimed to have received some type of lifetime pass or key when they visited Epcot. Now I don't remember if they were the first visitor or number xxx visitor, but I remember them talking about it.

I also remember a few years back you could purchase an Annual Pass that covered Disneyland too.

I get there at least once a month and I use to go more frequent until gas price soared which impacted my Soarin time. Wish WDW would've been built in Tampa Bay area and Busch Gardens in Orlando.

One of these days when I have some extra dollars I will treat me and my son to on property stay.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Lifetime Passes To Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Some people I knew, school administrator and his family, when I attended school there claimed to have received some type of lifetime pass or key when they visited Epcot. Now I don't remember if they were the first visitor or number xxx visitor, but I remember them talking about it.
    I vaguely recall hearing about this...but don't remember the details.

I also remember a few years back you could purchase an Annual Pass that covered Disneyland too.
    Actually, it's been available for a few years now. It's called the Premier Passport, and acts as a Premium Annual Pass at WDW and an Annual Pass at DL, with whatever benefits they get at each location. The price just jumped way up to over $1000 after tax, so it is an expensive option.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast