Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Lifetime Passes To Disney World in the News & Rumors forums; I heard when Disney World first opened they had a promotion where you could get lifetime passes. The price was pretty expensive at the time, going for anywhere from 500 ...
    Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Lifetime Passes To Disney World

I heard when Disney World first opened they had a promotion where you could get lifetime passes. The price was pretty expensive at the time, going for anywhere from 500 to 1000. I was just curious if this was true and if anyone actully has one. Also if you do have one can you get into all of the parks or just the ones that were around when you bought them. Hope to get some replies.
    Maestro

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I do not think when Walt Disney World opened there were lifetime passes in that the the park used the old A-E ticket system. I think you might be thinking of the lifetime passes that are given to guests and their families who are injured and/or to guests who preform some heroic act at the parks.

Passes to the parks are given, of course, to all castmembers on a sliding scale based on pay grade.

That's sad, We keep renewing our annual passes and it can get costly.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    That's sad, We keep renewing our annual passes and it can get costly.
    Don't be sad. disneybuff100. If there were a lifetime pass available now it would probably cost at least $10,000. If you had $10,000 and invested it in a Certificate of Deposit at your bank at 4% you could get an annual pass for the rest of your life and still have the original $10,000 when you needed it.

Even if you are an annual passholder unless you use the pass at least 10 times a year you are not really saving any money. Your best value would be the new 10-day tickets to one park. You only pay about $28 dollars a day.

10 sounds so whimpy, let's say 20 times a year!

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    10 sounds so whimpy, let's say 20 times a year!
    If you go 20 or more times to Walt Disney World then an Annual Pass would be the best value.
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

Now when I move there, let's shoot to 5 times a week (I'll be imagineering and will try to go to the parks)

I love Fantasmic!

Cindertina is offline A-Ticket holder
    I believe they offer a 25 year pass to those that live in the area

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I actually DO recall the offers for a lifetime pass, (a smy father and I want ti kick each other's butt for not taking advantage of them). When they were offered to us, we remember them being around $1500. At the time, though, I'm not even sure if it was pre-EPCOT Center. I've been searching for a scanned copy of a pass, but have yet to find one.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

That stinks.

I love Fantasmic!

I have been researching this since you posted. Some castmembers have a vague rememberance of a lifetime pass, but nothing specific. As mentioned, there was a pass for Florida residents at one time, but again no particulars. Best bet would be to contact Disney World Guest relations, or Jim Smith.
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    ...because this is important. We can draw them up nicely for the DWT fam and swear to the cast, "They're REAL"! they won't know!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Don't you get a Lifetime Pass if you're a special number, like the 500,000,000th Guest?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey Lou thanks for letting me know I wasnt crazy. My parents came to Disney World right after it opened and remembered hearing about the lifetime offer. They thought it was a rip off at the time, haha. Now they keep saying how much they wished they would had gotten it. I bet you it only covers the parks that were around at the time though. If is covers everything well then those are some lucky people.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triviateer
    Passes to the parks are given, of course, to all castmembers on a sliding scale based on pay grade.
    CM's get some free tix, but not based off pay. It is time with the company and current status (ie full time, part time, etc.)

I have always heard about the lifetime pass but never able to find any real solid info on it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast