Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Late June in the News & Rumors forums; Is there any events or ride reburbishments/closings taking place around June 20-25th? I haven't heard anything yet, but I just wanted to see if anyone heard any rumors....
    Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

Late June

Is there any events or ride reburbishments/closings taking place around June 20-25th? I haven't heard anything yet, but I just wanted to see if anyone heard any rumors.
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

cindirella13 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Late June

I don't think there is anything scheduled. Disney World - The Largest Unofficial On-Line Guide to Disney World, Walt Disney World keeps their rehab schedule pretty up to date. I would just keep an eye on it.
    Por favor mantÚnganse alejado de las puertas!
    1987 Fort Wilderness 1990 Polynesian
    1992 Fort Wilderness 1993 Disneyland
    1995 Fort Wilderness 1996 All Star Music
    1998 Contemporary 2003 All Star Movies
    2006 All Star Sports 2009 Pop Century

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Deb's Allears.net is also good at posting refurbs, closings, and special events.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

This is what is posted on allears.......

Last Updated: 6/8/10

NOTE: This is UNOFFICIAL information and is subject to change without notice. Please call WDW directly to confirm. While I make every effort to ensure this information is accurate -- there are NO guarantees.

June 2010
    Magic Kingdom
    Construction for the Fantasyland expansion has begun, necessitating the closing of several existing Magic Kingdom areas. Pooh's Playful Spot playground, Ariel's Grotto Character meet-and-greet and Scuttle's Landing have closed. Pooh and Tigger will appear in Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A. Enchanted Grove will now be open in Fantasyland for Extra Magic Hour mornings offering coffee and muffins. The Fantasyland pretzel cart will be located near Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Frozen Coca-Cola products will continue to be available at The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland. During this expansion, classic Fantasyland attractions, including "it's a small world," Peter Pan's Flight, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Cinderella's Golden Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Mad Tea Party, will remain open.
    Epcot
    Cantina de San Angel at the Mexico pavilion in Epcot has closed for a significant refurbishment and expansion until September 2010. The company that operates the restaurants in the Mexico pavilion, San Angel Inn, LLC, plans to open Hacienda San Angel on the site, a new 400-seat waterside restaurant and quick service food location "specializing in the freshly baked culinary flavors of Mexico." The restaurant will have indoor and outdoor seating. It will be a dual purpose, flex restaurant. There will be 150 seats outside and 250 seats inside. During lunch the Cantina (quick service) is very busy, but there is not as much seating as desired. Therefore a portion of the sit down restaurant will be blocked off for Cantina guests to also enjoy the air conditioning. Around 4pm, the Cantina will still be working, but the whole inside will open as the full working table service restaurant. None of the seats will have backs to the windows so you can enjoy the lagoon and IllumiNations. During the refurbishment, the San Angel Inn Restaurante and La Cava de Tequila, located inside the Mexico pavilion, and the Taqueria Del Lago, located alongside the promenade, will still be open for Mexican dining.
    A new 300-seat restaurant/pizzeria, Via Napoli, being constructed in the Italy pavilion in Epcot, is slated to open in September. The construction will create a whole new look, the area has been extended back another 50-60 feet and there will be a new piazza. In Europe there is often one building with different facades out front and that's what you will see in Via Napoli.This pizzeria will feature a menu inspired by the famous pizzerias of southern Italy. The restaurant will have wood-burning ovens, and will import water from a source that most resembles the water in Naples, Italy, home of some of the world's best pizza dough. The 3 pizza ovens are inspired by the 3 famous volcanoes in Italy: Mount Etna (Sicily), Stromboli (Aeolian Islands), and Mount Vesuvius (near Naples). The 3 oven "mouths" where the pizzas go in are inspired by Italy's Park of Monsters sculptures. Very thin crust pizza and when it's ready it will be served quickly and hot. The menu also will feature pastas, salads, sandwiches and Italian wines.The Patina Restaurant Group also operates Tutto Italia Ristorante at the pavilion.
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience closed on May 9th to make way for Captain EO.
    Work will begin this spring on a new feature pool in the Paddock area of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, building on the resort's turn-of-the-20th-century, upstate New York theme. Plans call for the new pool, scheduled for completion in mid-2011, to replace the Paddock area's 1,100-square-foot quiet pool with a 3,300-square-foot zero-depth-entry pool, a 146-foot water slide, a 1,600-square-foot wet-play area, an expanded pool deck spanning more than 11,000 square feet and, for hungry swimmers and sunbathers who'd rather not make the trip across the lake to Artist's Palette, an on-site, quick-service-dining location.

The Breathless II is unavailable until further notice due to unforeseen maintenance issues. If you have an existing reservation you will be contacted to reschedule if possible.
    The Sand Trap Bar & Grill at Disney's Osprey Ridge closed June 7 due to aerification of the golf course. The restaurant is scheduled to reopen on Friday, June 18.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks. I did look this up recently (thank you allears.net!) We are staying at Saratoga and I hope we're not around the construction.
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort