Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Rock n' Roller Coaster Rehab? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC BTW... any news on the Backlot Tour...? I haven't heard from anyone to say whether it is closing for good, or just to be rehabbed again... ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Rock n' Roller Coaster Rehab?

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    BTW... any news on the Backlot Tour...? I haven't heard from anyone to say whether it is closing for good, or just to be rehabbed again...

Rumors keep flying that it is closing, and being replaced by a Monster's Inc. ride eventually...
    I'm pretty sure it opened the end of last month. It got the automated message spiel like Living With The Land did.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

oh ok... i was just wondering about it... i was hoping that it wasnt closed yet... even though it isnt what it once was...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    This is true... wasn't Space Mountain down for most of last year...? I think when they do large refurbs it is necessary to close for long periods... but i feel like they try to start the large refurbs at the beginning of the off-season (so that they might get them back up and running with some time left in the busy time)
    Not necessarily true. I think Disney is making a good move in closing the attraction down during peak months. The crowds are going to be high anyway, as this is when most people are out from school or work and on vacation. They're heading to Disney anyway. If you close down too many E-ticket attractions during the slower months, that's just one more reason for people not to visit the parks and attendance will be even lower than usual.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

I think their main focus for closing rides is having them opened by Nov/Dec, for Christmas. Because that's when all of the hardcore/people who have saved and nostalgia people come, and genuinely care about Disney to spend their holiday there. It's a meaningful time, rather than spring break / summer where it's full of kids who are stopping by Disney while being in Florida and those tour school groups.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12