Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Soarin' Movie??? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by WDW4Ever The locations are what is California. Napa Valley, Golden Gate, Yosemite, etc. Yes, obviously. But to the generic midwestern family who has never seen water outside ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: New Soarin' Movie???

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    The locations are what is California. Napa Valley, Golden Gate, Yosemite, etc.
    Yes, obviously. But to the generic midwestern family who has never seen water outside of a lake or their faucet, it's a park, river, and beach. Unless you're flying over a sign that says, 'Welcome to Napa Valley', what do they know?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

voyageofariel is offline Host of the Tiara Talk Show Podcast

Talking Re: New Soarin' Movie???

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

supernova...

people are hung up on the fact that Disney claimed this ride was easily updated... just change the movie and away you go... so now we have all turned into Disney Imagineers here (myself included) and thought of ways to "plus" it... could it work.. maybe ... could it be worse... possibly... but who knows... people just love change...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    The real name of the attraction is "Soarin' Over California" but the adopted name is just "Soarin'"

If anyone has been reading Kingdom Keepers you'll know that some of the characters were in Soarin' in the middle of the night and they were testing a "Soarin' Over New York" video. Maybe a little Disney foreshadowing? I don't know.

Oh myy GOD I love the Kingdom keepers! Yea they were doing a Sorin' over New York. If you go and watch the interview with Ridley Pearson at the videos section of this website you can see that Ridley states that most of the stuff he makes up. Yes, it could be foreshadowing something, but I'm not quite sure because he also stated that he got alot of backstage acess.
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend
    2010(next vacation!)-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend

iheartdisney01

i-neighborhood Guest

I'm thinking we here in Florida are gonna be Soarin over California's Castle for quite a while longer, probably another 5 to 10, that's assuming they don't retire the ride and replace it with something else like other attractions at Epcot. Of course, it's so popular that is unlikely. It would be nice for a new experience, but I don't think that's at the top of the imagineering team's bucket list and after all the crowds still line up for open to close holding one of the longest wait times in the parks.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I very seriously doubt they'll be able to let that go for another 5-10 years. The film is deteriorating at an alarming pace as it is.

i-neighborhood Guest

The screen itself is what I've noticed but perhaps it will become part of the character of the attraction. But in all seriousness the screen could be fixed for less money than a new film. They may make a new film eventually, but I don't see that as a priority anytime soon. Fixing the screen itself. that could happen at any time. If they wan't to get really creative, have the ride on an inverted coaster track and at the end of the film have the screen open and guest "soar" through outside and over parts of the park. Pipe dream, I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I very seriously doubt they'll be able to let that go for another 5-10 years. The film is deteriorating at an alarming pace as it is.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The screen?

We were there in December and there was nothing wrong with the screen. The problem is all the artifacts on the film itself. Those problems cannot be fixed unless they have a master film with which they could make a new print. But, I'm going to assume they do not, or else they would have already switched the current one out with a new copy.

i-neighborhood Guest

It appeared to me to be the screen in certain areas because there were dark marks that didn't move, but then that might be the artifacts on the film itself that you're referring to because its possible for film to have defects that are in the same spot on each frame. That makes more sense because it would seem like if it was the screen they would've already replaced or repaired it in those areas.

It's surprising to me that they never made a digital master. Or if they did, why they haven't utilized it.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    It's surprising to me that they never made a digital master. Or if they did, why they haven't utilized it.
    The effective resolution of IMAX film is quite high - far higher than any standard that has existed so far. Not sure they can effectively scan at that resolution just yet. And a properly preserved negative shouldn't have deteriorated to the point yet that it couldn't produce decent new copies.

And even if they did have a digital master, producing film copies is still an expensive process.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

D'oh...site hiccuped while posting...duplicate...
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

jbgdst is offline A-Ticket holder

That would be entirely superfluous. The movie syncs so well with the music that if they were to change it, they would have extreme limitations or have to make a new score, which I definitely don't want to happen.
    "Sometimes it's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

http://www.wonderfullandofdisney.tumblr.com

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

but it really could be done... if they wanted to change the film and leave the musical score it is entirely possible...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Cardinals314 is offline A-Ticket holder

The current rumor is that the new Soarin film will be released in 2016. There will be a new ending of the film as well to incorporate DCA. This segment is supposed to be filmed on March 12th 2014. In 2015, the new film will be released in Shanghai's Disneyland and then it will transition over to California and Florida

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast