Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Pay For Play to replace Fastpass? in the News & Rumors forums; For more info: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1449 http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1452 I'm not entirely sure like where this is heading....
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Pay For Play to replace Fastpass?

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It sounds like something that they do at the "other" park...stay at one of their hotels and your room key gets you through the fastpast line without getting a fastpast ticket (or whatever it is called there). There is a way that people not staying on property can pay $19.95 for an express pass that does the same thing,

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    i like the heirarchy system they are proposing. i'd definitely would like this a hundred times better then the current FastPass system.

between this new system and the overhaul on the Polynesian, definitely looking forward to my next trip

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    What about all the Florida locals? Would AP holders get this benefit?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Very interesting - I'm not too fond of it.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I don't think it's a good idea at all. I think everyone pays enough to get in and shouldn't have to pay through the nose to get special treatment. Talk about class division. I can see possibly allowing resort guests to have an edge (like extra magic hours), but to actually put everyone in a pecking order is too much. Poor children and rich children should be treated the same once they enter the gates. It's already bad enough that people can rent out rides, part of a park, or even a whole park and exclude the normal folk. I don't think this is a good move. If this is taken to the extreme they will end up pleasing the upper 5% of their guests and alienating a lot of their base. I don't think Walt would be in favor of this way of thinking.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I have heard about this and I don't like it at all......it really leaves out FL Resident AP's who live close and don't ever stay on site.....the message is....only people who can afford to stay on property matter....I'll be very, very unhappy if this happens.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This is completely antithetical to anything Walt would have wanted. It sounds too much like the old class-based cruise ship hierarchies. It's just unfair and wrong.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I wanna know where DVC falls in this class system.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    It's already bad enough that people can rent out rides, part of a park, or even a whole park and exclude the normal folk.
    no way, Banyan Systems company picnic in Tomorrowland was awesome! i drank way to many beers and rode Space Mountain way to many times until CENSORED* ***** ** ****** ***CENSORED, it was awesome.

DonaD, you know i have to pick on you and bust your chops, it wouldn't be a fun thread without it. despite that, i still like the idea. i don't go that often, because when i go i want it to be special. i want the best of rooms and the best of services, and i'm willing to pay for it. ****, if there was a price tag on having circus midgets dressed as barnyard animals following me around to fetch me drinks and food, i'd gladly pay for it.

why shouldn't i be able to pay to get to the front of the line, everything is for sale. Ross Perot in 2008!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    DonaD, you know i have to pick on you and bust your chops, it wouldn't be a fun thread without it. despite that, i still like the idea. i don't go that often, because when i go i want it to be special. i want the best of rooms and the best of services, and i'm willing to pay for it. ****, if there was a price tag on having circus midgets dressed as barnyard animals following me around to fetch me drinks and food, i'd gladly pay for it.
    You didn't get that with your last trip? That option comes standard with all of our Disney trips- they're called children. Most of the time they're dressed up as a princess or Buzz- no barnyard animals.

I think technically you can buy and arrange for almost everything right now. If you're willing to blow money, Disney has a place for it. I just think taking it to a broad scale would do more harm than good. The current systems aren't intrusive and alienate other guests to any great degree. It might make business sense, but I feel that it just conflicts with Walt's way of thinking. I think the parks were built for all people and families, not just for the rich.

Hey, Grump if you ever want to rent out my kids on your next Disney trip, just let me know.

VIVA EL CHEAPO!!
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    what's this?? You can drink beer in tomorrowland?? So are you saying if I spit out a whole bunch of money to close a section off in the MK they will let you have a REAL drink?? Do you think Walt is turning over in his grave as I speak??

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    what's this?? You can drink beer in tomorrowland?? So are you saying if I spit out a whole bunch of money to close a section off in the MK they will let you have a REAL drink?? Do you think Walt is turning over in his grave as I speak??
    it was during a company picnic, they had several "stands" set up, but would only allow you to get two drinks at a time.

the lines were longer there then the rides.

and i doubt Walt is turning in his grave. from a purely business standpoint, one of the beauties of Disney is there business model, just like Martha Stewart, in which each brand, franchise, item is a constant advertisement to get you to spend money on something else. again, good or bad, say what you well, everything in life has a price tag, one way or another. ****, look at the people who were spending big bucks on the Clinton campaign to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom.

DonaD, what barnyard costume options do i have for your kids? i want a donkey and an aardvark at the very least. Emu's and ferrets are also acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    DonaD, what barnyard costume options do i have for your kids? i want a donkey and an aardvark at the very least. Emu's and ferrets are also acceptable.
    Man, you're really stretching the definition of "barnyard". Aardvarks, Emu's, and ferrets aren't on any farms that I've seen. Maybe out at the Neverland Ranch, but not out here.

But, hey, you're the boss...
    Chris
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    Man, you're really stretching the definition of "barnyard". Aardvarks, Emu's, and ferrets aren't on any farms that I've seen. Maybe out at the Neverland Ranch, but not out here.

But, hey, you're the boss...
    i come from 5 generations of aardvark/palmagranite farmers, don't judge us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast